Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Weird But True

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by E40FDNYL35
    November 4, 2005 -- A trip to the rest room at Home Depot was anything but restful for one man. Bob Doughtery, 57, says he got stuck to a toilet seat after a prankster smeared it with glue — and now he's suing the Boulder, Colo., store, saying employees ignored his cries for help. "They left me there, going through all that stress. They just let me rot," he fumed, adding that workers later told him they thought his cries for help were a prank.
    LMAO, a prank...or they thought he was having a rough delivery.*thinking of that Austin Powers scene*

Dave

Comment

• November 6, 2005 -- In the "hell hath no fury" department, we have a Pennsylvania woman who did not win sympathy from a jury, which ordered her to pay $46,200 to her ex for Super Glue-ing his genitals to his abdomen. Gail O'Toole of Murrysville also glued Kenneth Slaby's buttocks together after he fell asleep and scrawled profanity across his back in nail polish. She invited him over after he broke up with the woman for whom he threw O'Toole overboard. "For all the pain and suffering I've been through, and the embarrassment, I don't think it's enough," Slaby complained.
      ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
      NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
      CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
      LT. John Ginley Engine 40
      FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
      FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
      FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
      FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
      FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
      FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
      FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
      FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
      FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
      "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
      *******************CLICK HERE*****************

Comment

• OOOOOO K then
        September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
        IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
        Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

• November 7, 2005 --The mayor of Las Vegas has proposed a radical way to deal with graffiti vandals — cut off their thumbs. If that's too much, he'll settle for whippings or canings. "[I] believe in a little bit of corporal punishment, going back to the days of yore, where examples have to be shown," Mayor Oscar Goodman said. State education official Howard Rosenberg slammed the suggestion, telling Goodman he should "use his head for something other than a hat rack."
          NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
          FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Comment

• November 8, 2005 -- Mark Kassel, who headed the juvenile jail in Will County, Ill., must feel like a real heel this week. The 39-year-old corrections boss abruptly resigned after officials discovered he's involved with an Internet site for foot fetishists. The site, ohmyhose.com, features photos of scantily dressed women in seamed stockings, pantyhose and high-heeled shoes.
            NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
            FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Comment

• November 9, 2005 -- A bandit out of Mexican folklore has become the patron saint to drug dealers in Bakersfield, Calif., with some building altars to worship him in their homes, police say. Jesus Malverde, who was hanged as a thief in the early 20th century before, legend says, he began appearing to people in peril to save them, "protects the drug dealer and brings good luck to the drug dealer," Detective Pete Cavazos said. "It might sound comical to others, but they take it very, very seriously."
              NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
              FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Comment

• Talk about full frontal stupidity!

November 12, 2005 -- A fire-eater set a stripper's breasts ablaze at a lap-dancing club in Augsburg, Germany, when he blew flames at her.
                "I shouted at him that he was getting too close, but he didn't stop," she said. "The oil and glitter that I rubbed on my body must have caught on fire." The stripper was treated at a local hospital; the fire-eater was given a suspended sentence for causing her grievous bodily harm.
                NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
                FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Comment

Talk about full frontal stupidity!

November 12, 2005 -- A fire-eater set a stripper's breasts ablaze at a lap-dancing club in Augsburg, Germany, when he blew flames at her. "I shouted at him that he was getting too close, but he didn't stop," she said. "The oil and glitter that I rubbed on my body must have caught on fire." The stripper was treated at a local hospital; the fire-eater was given a suspended sentence for causing her grievous bodily harm.
                  Alrighty then that's different!

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
                  Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

• November 13, 2005 -- Manhattan real-estate prices have nothing on Owen County, Ind. — where county officials are trying to sell a one-square- inch parcel of land for $1,500. In the 1960s, locals had to own real estate to have access to a nearby lake. Officials think that's how the one-square-inch plot outside Bloomington ended up being deeded. After the bank foreclosed, the separate parcel went into a tax sale — where the minimum bid is $1,500. At that rate, an acre would run about $7 billion.
                    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
                    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Comment

• November 14, 2005 -- Inmates at the Falkenburg Road Jail in Brandon, Fla., want to set your mouth on fire. They're marketing the first-ever hot pepper sauce made in prison. Jailhouse Fire consists of habañeros, Scotch bonnets and jalapeños grown on the premises and will sell in stores for $3.25 a bottle. As hot as it is, inmates make a hotter version for themselves. "It's a macho thing," said Allen Boatman, director of the prison's horticulture program.
                      NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
                      FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Comment

• November 15, 2005 -- Now you can turn your iPod into an ooh-ooh-Pod.
                        A new $40 sex toy called the iBuzz connects to the iPod and vibrates in time to the music. "The iPod is this era's must-have accessory, while a vibrator is a timeless addition to every girl's gadget drawer. Entwine the two and you've got the ultimate cheeky Christmas stocking filler," said Jessamy Hawley of British retailer Gadget Candy.
                        NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
                        FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Comment

• November 16, 2005 -- Jesus saves — at the gas pumps. The New Life Christian Church in Auburn, Calif., is offering discounts of 50 cents a gallon to show that God is interested in everyday issues. But the Church of the Divide says it's a marketing gimmick that cheapens religion. Protesters carried signs reading, "Jesus cares more about your sin and burning in hell than gas prices." But New Life worshipper Karen Ivan shot back, "[We're ] doing something good and people are protesting it? Jesus said his true disciples would be persecuted."
                          NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
                          FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Comment

November 15, 2005 -- Now you can turn your iPod into an ooh-ooh-Pod.
                            A new $40 sex toy called the iBuzz connects to the iPod and vibrates in time to the music. "The iPod is this era's must-have accessory, while a vibrator is a timeless addition to every girl's gadget drawer. Entwine the two and you've got the ultimate cheeky Christmas stocking filler," said Jessamy Hawley of British retailer Gadget Candy.

November 16, 2005 -- Jesus saves — at the gas pumps. The New Life Christian Church in Auburn, Calif., is offering discounts of 50 cents a gallon to show that God is interested in everyday issues. But the Church of the Divide says it's a marketing gimmick that cheapens religion. Protesters carried signs reading, "Jesus cares more about your sin and burning in hell than gas prices." But New Life worshipper Karen Ivan shot back, "[We're ] doing something good and people are protesting it? Jesus said his true disciples would be persecuted."
                            SEX & RELIGION - what's next, Ray? POLITICS???!!!! hehehehe

Sheri
                            Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

• A Somali arrives in Minneapolis as a new immigrant to the United States.

He stops the first person he sees walking down the street and says, "Thank you Mr. American for letting me in this country, and giving me housing, food stamps, free medical care and free education!" But the passer-by says "You are mistaken, I am Mexican".

The man goes on and encounters another passer-by. "Thank you for having such a beautiful country here in America!" The person says "I no American, I Vietnamese."

The new arrival walks further, and the next person he sees he stops, shakes his hand and says "Thank you for the wonderful America!" That person puts up his hand and says "I am from Middle East, I am not an American!"

He finally sees a nice lady and asks suspiciously, "Are you an American?" She says, "No, I am from Russia!" So he is puzzled, and asks her, "Where are all the Americans?"

The Russian lady looks at her watch, shrugs, and says... "Probably at work!"
                              NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
                              FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Comment

• November 17, 2005 -- Here's some scary news for companies in Iowa — they can't deny unemployment benefits to workers who've been fired for seeing ghosts. Security guard Wade Gallegos got the ax when he said ghosts haunted the Des Moines neighborhood he patrolled, but his boss couldn't see them. The company then denied him unemployment on the grounds of misconduct. But Judge G. Ken Renegar ruled that, while Gallegos' spooky sightings rendered him "unfit to act as a security guard," seeing ghosts isn't the type of misconduct that can disqualify him from getting benefits.
                                NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
                                FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40