Send in the FROGS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I happen to have french heritage
    Prove the majority of the USA wrong then. I see you're a student, sounds like a perfect age for your local recruiter.

Comment

Originally posted by E229Lt

Prove the majority of the USA wrong then. I see you're a student, sounds like a perfect age for your local recruiter.
      Well I happen to be serving my country as a Firefighter/EMT, Which i think is just as important. I have been doing this from 16 as a Junior. Friefighting has been in my family for 4 generations. My brother serves in the army i am proud of him i was about to join but my brother told me something that made me change my mind. He said " Stay where you are, you are doing a great thing, i am proud of you and what you do, besides you get more respect from your CO then i will ever will from the army, I get screwed left and right by them, they don't pay me what they owe me, when i work i don't always get the pay for the hours i work." Now my brother is my little brother i have always tried to set an example for him, mater of fact when he is done, he will be joining the ranks of our brother firefighters. I miss him greatly and fear for his life and i know he will be an even better firefighter then I, I hope he is, I am very proud of him. matter of fact i don't care what the majority of the US says if they all want to discrimate against me because i believe being french dosen't make me a coward, or me being jewish make me greedy. It seem like your are calling me a coward because i am not in the Armed Forces, now that cowardly, because i am doing my part keeping my community safe will some of my brothers are gone, i am pulling alot of OT as a voulunteer filling in for 3 of our 15 guys out fighting this war, i hope they stay safe, and pray for them to come back.
      "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear" - Ambrose Redmoon
      “It’s like Lego’s for firefighters.” Robert James III talking about hose appliances.
      "Police, Firefighters and EMS are the most collectively dysfunctional group of people in existence and only we understand each other!"

Comment

believe being french dosen't make me a coward, or me being jewish make me greedy. It seem like your are calling me a coward because i am not in the Armed Forces,
        Im very sure E229lt is not calling you a coward for being french or for not being in the Armed Forces. We are saying that the french government is a coward not you by any means.

Comment

My grandparents came from Quebec. I have Canandian French heritage, but I am in no way offended by E229's comments.

The French's sole motivation for being against our involvement in Iraq was their investment in the Iraqi oil field and weapons sales to Iraq. Who do you think sold them the Mirage fighter planes and Exocet antiship missiles, not to mention their nuclear technology?
          Than God the Isrreli's had the balls to take out the reactor at Osirak in the mid 1980's, otherwise, Saddam and company would have had nukes and without a doubt used them against us in the Gulf War of 1991!

I may have French heritage, but I am an American...with a capital A. I proudly wear the flag on my station uniforms and fly it outside of my home.

USA! USA! USA!
          ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
          Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

just had to post a flag.
            Attached Files
            I.A.C.O.J. Firefighter/EMT-B

"I'm gonna drill a hole in your skull and pump out all the stupidity"
            Gunny Ermey

"Never underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Humpty Dumpty was pushed

Polishing the Chrome on all the IACOJ "apparati"

Comment

Paternal grandparents - Canada (Quebec area also)
              Maternal grandparents - Ireland

That makes me 50% Canadian, 50% Irish, 100% American.

Screw the French government.

PS - screw the Canadian government as well.
              Last edited by Bones42; 07-29-2003, 09:19 AM.
              "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

couldnt have said it better. Dont skip the intro

http://www.rleeermey.com/

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse