X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4bugles
    replied
    I think it is a great way to propose!

I stopped a medivac stretcher pt, and crew, on their way to the helicoptor to propose to my g/f. (Don't worry, the patient lived. It only took a minute or two to ask, get a yes, a quick hug and kiss and the stretcher was on it's way.)

Just think, if that building ever goes up and the chief wants the balcony laddered; that crew will know exactly where to set up!

I know I am beating a dead horse, as the PIO already spoke about it, but I couldn't help it.

And about my proposal, the patient didn't mind at all...it was me on the stretcher!

Leave a comment:

• Gx7E10
    replied
    If that happened in our department, everyone would get a 3 hour chewing.

Leave a comment:

• EoneTiller
    replied
    wannabe, thats what happens when the hose is still in the hosebed and it gets charged. Thats what happens when you ask the probie to do something.

Leave a comment:

• Quigger
    replied
    LMAO! GREAT PICTURE!

Leave a comment:

• WannabeintheFD
    replied
    they charge the line when it was still on the truck?

Leave a comment:

• Trafficjockey93
    replied
    wannabe......look at the photo and you will see what happened

Leave a comment:

• WannabeintheFD
    replied
    what happened?

Leave a comment:

• Bones42
    replied
    I hate when that happens.

Leave a comment:

• lutan1
    replied
    There's more to this story- part way through proposing, they did in fact get a call, and in the rush to get away, they forgot...

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• WVFDCap
    replied
    The following is dedicated to PAVolunteer and MICKEYLIKESIT:

"DING, DING, DING!! END OF ROUND ONE!!"

Congratulations to the LA Firefighter and his new fiance!

Leave a comment:

• PAVolunteer
    replied
    Originally posted by MIKEYLIKESIT
    imagine if I posted something like...If Volunteers only drank 2 beers a day would it still be wrong to respond to calls? ...Would it start trouble? You bet it would....
    Okay ... I see your point now, sorry about that.

The point of putting "paid" in the description was to specify that the firemen were receiving compensation to do something else. If a qualified volunteer crew took an engine somewhere to do something like this, I wouldn't see it as such a big deal (as long as they were available for calls and not wasting taxpayer money) because they're not receiving compensation to do something else. Did that make any sense?

I did not mean to single out "paid".

Post has been edited.

Leave a comment:

• MIKEYLIKESIT
    replied
    Using a fire truck to propose is wrong, as is building a house on duty. The link you posted says it all. I dont understand what the Union does at times either, but imagine if I posted something like...If Volunteers only drank 2 beers a day would it still be wrong to respond to calls? ...Would it start trouble? You bet it would....

Leave a comment:

• PAVolunteer
    replied
    Originally posted by MIKEYLIKESIT
    Two wrongs dont make a right, PA ("I have no use for paid firefighters")Volunteer
    What's that supposed to mean? What are the two wrongs?

... and what's w/ the "no use" comment? I have nothing against paid guys ... I just don't understand some of the stuff the unions do sometimes. If volunteers do something stupid, I call it out. If I think a union does something stupid, I say so.

So what's up?

Stay Safe

Leave a comment:

• MIKEYLIKESIT
    replied
    Two wrongs dont make a right, PA ("I have no use for paid firefighters")Volunteer

Leave a comment:

• EFD840
    replied
    No PA, that would be a training exercise .

Many moons ago, my volunteer department had similar training sessions. They conducted "water relay drills" (filling swimming pools) and "limited flow hose operations" (washing personal vehicles with the station's unmetered garden hose and the department's soap). It is very easy to cross over from cute to criminal. The story you posted was clearly VERY over the line. Depending on the state's ethics laws, those guys could be in real trouble.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X