Schools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schools

Does ne body know of ne colleges that offer fire science or fire investigation??????
    Jaime
    No longer an explorer-
    Currently Keene State College Class of 2008
    KEENE STATE RUGBY #5!!!
    I shed blood for my ruggers.
    <forever ruggers, forever sisters>
    www.kscwrfc.org

All gave some, some gave all. Gone but not forgotten. 9/11/01

What part of the country are you looking in?
    The hardest thing to learn in life is which bridge to cross and which to burn...

Comment

northeast
      Jaime
      No longer an explorer-
      KEENE STATE RUGBY #5!!!
      www.kscwrfc.org

Comment

I don't know if this will help you or not, but try this link. http://www.fastweb.com/
        It takes a while and is lots of info to fill out but it will narrow things down to schools that offer what you are looking for.
        Sorry I can't be more help... if you were looking in the Midwest or more so in Michigan I could help lots more! I am going to a great on here in Michigan.

Janelle
        The hardest thing to learn in life is which bridge to cross and which to burn...

Comment

thanx 4 ur help ne ways
          Jaime
          No longer an explorer-
          KEENE STATE RUGBY #5!!!
          www.kscwrfc.org

Comment

Fire Science Thread

Comment

ffdfireexplorer

I know that the University of New Haven has several excellent programs, and its located in New Haven Connecticut.
              university of New haven

Comment

New Hampshire Community Technical College, Laconia-- your neck of the woods! I served a year on the board of trustees, and I'm a graduate from the Nashua campus. 2 year associates in Fire Science is Laconia's claim to fame. From this college, your credits may be transferred within the University System of NH for a 4-year degree. You will find many of the same instructors teaching at NHCTC as the NH Fire Academy. Visit the links below:
                http://www.nhctc.edu/
                http://www.laconia.tec.nh.us/

Kevin
                FF/Paramedic
                ~Kevin
                Firefighter/Paramedic
                --^v--^v--^v--^v--
                Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong
                Dennis Miller

Comment

Besides New Haven which offers a BS in Fire Science, many Community Colleges in CT offer Associates in Fire Science. One good thing about New Haven is that you can volunteer in one of the volunteer departments in West Haven while you are down there.
                  Last edited by Adze39; 06-18-2003, 11:06 PM.
                  IACOJ Agitator
                  Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Comment

Fire Science

Southern Maine Tech. College in South Portland has an outstanding Fire Science Asssociates Degree program. I got my degree there so I can tell you firsthand that the instructors are fantastic and the tuition is very reasonable. The school also offers a live in program at a local firehouse, you can live there for free while you obtain excellent FF on-the-job experience. Good luck wherever you decide to attend.

Comment

Southern Maine Technical college South Portland,Me.

Comment

What is Fire Science anyways? What aspoects does it cover? I know it has probably been asked before.
                        Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

Comment

Fire Science Technology

FST covers a broad range of Fire Service subjects. Off the top of my head they include : Fire Service Orientation, Hydraulics, Fire origins and investigations, Building Construction, Hazardous Materials, Emergency Medical Technician, Tactics and Strategies, Fire Protection Systems, Fire Officership/Management, Fire Service Chemistry and Physics. (plus your usual college standard and elective courses) Bro's help me out if you think of some others.

Comment

Here's my advice (you've heard this before).

1. Unless you have a job already, or can wait to use your degree, don't get the degree in fire science. Many FD's don't give a rat's butt if you have the degree or not. You'll have to wait 10 or so years until promotion time to use it. Jobs like a fire investigator are scarcer than hen's teeth. Jobs in fire prevention are out there and are very important, but lots of people don't want to work in that field. Private industry jobs in fire safety, loss control and safety are out there, but they are not the highest paying jobs and have little room for advancement with just an AA or a BS.

2. If you want to make money, have a secure future and be on the cutting edge, go to school for fire protection engineering. HAving your FPE shingle writes your ticket for life. This is a growing field (some states, like NJ, don't even recognize the field yet). You will open yourself up to whole new areas. The ATF hires FPE's to do their computer fire modelling. NIST has them in their research areas.

You can get this type of degree from the Univ.of Maryland. They have several live-in arrangements with departments in the College Park area. Challenge yourself. Go for it.
                            PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Comment

Worcester Polytechnic Institute in Worcester, MA has a widely recognized Fire Protection Engineering program as well.

http://www.wpi.edu/Academics/Depts/Fire/

Known employers of FPE graduates

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...