Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WannabeintheFD
    replied
    Jeeze, whats with all this Fire engine red, be like us go yellow ... ya definately would have gone with red if it was up to me but its not...

Leave a comment:

• ThNozzleman
    replied
    On another note, does anyone happen to know that the RGB and/or CMYK colour code for "Fire Engine Red" is?? I think I have managed to get a shade pretty close it, but it still does not look right.

Leave a comment:

• Dalmatian90
    replied
    Find a font by sight:
    http://www.fonts.com/findfonts/ident...AME=identifont

I in IT work for a newspaper. Fonts are the bane of my existence!

You'd be amazed at the variety of fonts out there. Then in publishing, we'll monkey with font parameters to get them to look "just right" -- sometimes expanding the stroke, sometimes narrowing it, sometimes increasing space between letters, sometimes reducing it. There's a ton of such "parameters" we'll use to establish a style, though once set we try not to change it again!

Our trucks are lettered by hand -- something I'm sure there's no "font" for! (It is fascinating to watch the guy work though. Draws the letters in varnish first, then pounds on the gold leaf. Ok, lot more steps too but that's the essence!)

Leave a comment:

• N2DFire
    replied
    On another note, does anyone happen to know that the RGB and/or CMYK colour code for "Fire Engine Red" is?? I think I have managed to get a shade pretty close it, but it still does not look right.
    Try looking at http://www.visibone.com/color/

They have some awesome color pallet cards with RGB colors.

The Web Color KiloChart has a close up of the Red Hue section - may be able to match from that.

Leave a comment:

• 5pts384
    replied
    Red

Eone had a half dozen or more colors of red just take your pick

Leave a comment:

• Weruj1
    replied
    LOL................. you know I think i saw pictures of the two colors before ...... ??????

Leave a comment:

• jaybird210
    replied
    Are you looking for Fire Engine Red, or Fire Engine Fluorescent Red? 'Cause they're different, you know....

Leave a comment:

• firefighter26
    replied
    I don't think there is a "standard" font for Fire Apparatus decals/lettering. Every truck has its own distinct personality.

Leave a comment:

• RyanEMVFD
    replied
    I searched through Microsoft Word and closest that I see from what we have on one of our trucks is the Times New Roman. I however would avoid using Wingdings as a font.

Leave a comment:

• ullrichk
    started a topic Fire Engine Font?

Fire Engine Font?

I've been suckered into an art project for my oldest son and I need some help.

What "font" best resembles the lettering on fire engines? I know there are probably several, but I sure can't find 'em. None that come close to our rigs, anyway.

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X