• FightingDevil
    replied
    Good god...

quote:
    ----------------------------------------
    Go visit that section, already started
    ----------------------------------------

Please tell me your joking!
    I hope not, also....I'll have to call Galls to see if they've sold any LED lightbars with bike handle mounts!!!

giff....I was kidding with my last post....just checking!

Stay Safe!

Leave a comment:

• Giffordd
    replied
    quote by: explr985
    Go visit that section, already started
    Please tell me your joking!

quote by: FightingDevil
    I personally think that POB thread should be started and moved to the junior/explorer section. But since that might alienate those volunteer messengers, we may want to keep it here. (No offense meant to the Amish/Mennonite brethren....)
    LMAO. Here I was just trying to add some humor to the subject only to find out that it was old news. Oh well.

Leave a comment:

• Kvfcjr
    replied
    personally think that POB thread should be started and moved to the junior/explorer section. But since that might alienate those volunteer messengers, we may want to keep it here. (No offense meant to the Amish/Mennonite brethren....)

Leave a comment:

• explr985
    replied
    Re: Re: Proven system...

Originally posted by FightingDevil

I personally think that POB thread should be started and moved to the junior/explorer section. But since that might alienate those volunteer messengers, we may want to keep it here. (No offense meant to the Amish/Mennonite brethren....)

Go visit that section, already started.

Leave a comment:

• MalahatTwo7
    replied
    Our old Capt and I had a beer infested thought a while back, that considered the use of helmet mounted lights, but it also included a "souped up" golf cart. Apparently he has a cousin or brother-in-law or some such relation that reconditions used golf carts. We kinda figured that you could add some power to the engine and remove the governors; we all live in a trailer park and the Station is not very far away, and with exception to two members, none of us need to drive down the legal roads.......

But then Reason broke through the beer, and we kinda figured that doing that might lead to golf cart MVA's involving races not associated with responding to a page out. We figured that would be bad, on the other hand it would solve the parking problem around the Station though.....

Leave a comment:

• StayBack500FT
    replied
    LMAO!!!

Leave a comment:

• FightingDevil
    replied
    Re: Proven system...

Originally posted by Giffordd
    When I was a volunteer we use to have a plastic traditional styled helmet with a light and siren. New members were issued this helmet, a 2 liter bottle of water and a bicycle for their first response. Which in retrospect brings up another issue... POB Personal Owed Bicycles.... Should we start another post on this???

Leave a comment:

• Giffordd
    replied
    Proven system...

When I was a volunteer we use to have a plastic traditional styled helmet with a light and siren. New members were issued this helmet, a 2 liter bottle of water and a bicycle for their first response. Which in retrospect brings up another issue... POB Personal Owed Bicycles.... Should we start another post on this???

Leave a comment:

• mcaldwell
    replied
    We have said light on a helmet. We call it the R1000 (for Rookie) and brand new rookies must wear it around the hall all night after being voted in. Works great, and has a little siren too. Now I just need to find a sign to hang on the back of their coveralls that says "keep back 50 feet".

I think the helmet came from Toys-R-Us.

Leave a comment:

• Duffman
    replied
    Check this out.

I have a Cairns 1010 with a Whelen 2000 high profile strobe and a LED dash king.

For the most part I have found it effective, even though we haven't had a call since I installed it.

Leave a comment:

• Medic162
    replied
    I don't know if we would need a light - but I've recently seen a hilarious television commercial in which a fellow releases a "Trunk Monkey" on a would be felon trying to attack him within his car. I feel that if our R&D folks could somehow build in a "Trunk Monkey" hold on new fire apparatus, this might alleviate the light dilemma! Just turn the monkey loose on 'em...

Leave a comment:

• FlyingKiwi
    started a topic Warining systems on POH's

Warining systems on POH's

Should we be using warning lights on certain peoples helmets to warn us of dangerous situations and allow us to get out of the way.

If so what would be an effective model to use and can they be purchased online.

Also do they need sirens that "Yelp" and "Wail", or do we just let them do that themselves?

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X