Warining systems on POH's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warining systems on POH's

Should we be using warning lights on certain peoples helmets to warn us of dangerous situations and allow us to get out of the way.

If so what would be an effective model to use and can they be purchased online.

Also do they need sirens that "Yelp" and "Wail", or do we just let them do that themselves?

Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

I don't know if we would need a light - but I've recently seen a hilarious television commercial in which a fellow releases a "Trunk Monkey" on a would be felon trying to attack him within his car. I feel that if our R&D folks could somehow build in a "Trunk Monkey" hold on new fire apparatus, this might alleviate the light dilemma! Just turn the monkey loose on 'em...
    Brian Rowe
    Paramedic/Engineer
    Colleton County Fire/Rescue

Comment

Check this out.

I have a Cairns 1010 with a Whelen 2000 high profile strobe and a LED dash king.

For the most part I have found it effective, even though we haven't had a call since I installed it.
      "We shouldn't be opening firehouses in Baghdad and closing them in New York City."

IACOJ

Comment

We have said light on a helmet. We call it the R1000 (for Rookie) and brand new rookies must wear it around the hall all night after being voted in. Works great, and has a little siren too. Now I just need to find a sign to hang on the back of their coveralls that says "keep back 50 feet".

I think the helmet came from Toys-R-Us.
        Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Comment

Proven system...

When I was a volunteer we use to have a plastic traditional styled helmet with a light and siren. New members were issued this helmet, a 2 liter bottle of water and a bicycle for their first response. Which in retrospect brings up another issue... POB Personal Owed Bicycles.... Should we start another post on this???

Comment

Re: Proven system...

Originally posted by Giffordd
            When I was a volunteer we use to have a plastic traditional styled helmet with a light and siren. New members were issued this helmet, a 2 liter bottle of water and a bicycle for their first response. Which in retrospect brings up another issue... POB Personal Owed Bicycles.... Should we start another post on this???
            I personally think that POB thread should be started and moved to the junior/explorer section. But since that might alienate those volunteer messengers, we may want to keep it here. (No offense meant to the Amish/Mennonite brethren....)

Once again....the above views are my own and not that of my department. (And probably should not be construed as having any real meaning, whatsoever!)

IACOJ

Comment

LMAO!!!
              May we never forget our fallen, worldwide.

I.A.C.O.J. Safety/Traffic Control Officer

E6511

"Who's Who Among American Teachers" - 2005, 2006 Honoree

Comment

Our old Capt and I had a beer infested thought a while back, that considered the use of helmet mounted lights, but it also included a "souped up" golf cart. Apparently he has a cousin or brother-in-law or some such relation that reconditions used golf carts. We kinda figured that you could add some power to the engine and remove the governors; we all live in a trailer park and the Station is not very far away, and with exception to two members, none of us need to drive down the legal roads.......

But then Reason broke through the beer, and we kinda figured that doing that might lead to golf cart MVA's involving races not associated with responding to a page out. We figured that would be bad, on the other hand it would solve the parking problem around the Station though.....
                If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

Re: Re: Proven system...

Originally posted by FightingDevil

I personally think that POB thread should be started and moved to the junior/explorer section. But since that might alienate those volunteer messengers, we may want to keep it here. (No offense meant to the Amish/Mennonite brethren....)

Go visit that section, already started.
                  No longer an explorer, but I didn't wanna lose my posts.

IACOJ 2003

Comment

personally think that POB thread should be started and moved to the junior/explorer section. But since that might alienate those volunteer messengers, we may want to keep it here. (No offense meant to the Amish/Mennonite brethren....)

Comment

quote by: explr985
                      Go visit that section, already started
                      Please tell me your joking!

quote by: FightingDevil
                      LMAO. Here I was just trying to add some humor to the subject only to find out that it was old news. Oh well.

Comment

Good god...

quote:
                        ----------------------------------------
                        Go visit that section, already started
                        ----------------------------------------

I hope not, also....I'll have to call Galls to see if they've sold any LED lightbars with bike handle mounts!!!

giff....I was kidding with my last post....just checking!

Stay Safe!
                        Once again....the above views are my own and not that of my department. (And probably should not be construed as having any real meaning, whatsoever!)

IACOJ

Comment

No, he's not.

Comment

Please tell me you are joking

No I am not.
                            No longer an explorer, but I didn't wanna lose my posts.

IACOJ 2003

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X