Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyonework the 48 on 96 off schedule, or have any info on it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyonework the 48 on 96 off schedule, or have any info on it?

My Dept. is considering switching to the 2 on 4 off schedule and we are looking for likes and dislikes vs our current schedule. We have one busy station and people are worried that they might be beat on the second day. Anything would be appreciated.

I worked that schedule for a private ambulance company. I LOVED it. Every time I got off work, it was a mini vacation!

--spud--

Comment

I work for an EMS agency and we have one station that is experimenting with the shift. So far it's getting good comments, and we have gotten requests from other stations in our system to go to the same schedule.

True, if you are in a busy station, you will dread the second day, but the reward is the 4 days off. Some of our guys do overtime shifts on thier days off, and some just relax.

Ed
      I.A.C.O.J.-Member

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits".-Albert Einstien

"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door"-Milton Berle

Comment

The Loveland-Symmes fire company, a private company which contracts with the city of Loveland & Symmes township, about 20 miles northeast of Cincinnati works a 48-96. I have a couple of friends who work it and they really like it. It cuts daily checks in half, gives them more time to work on special projects, and they really like the 4 days in a row off. They're moderately busy, so the exhausted second day problem isn't too severe. Their web site is www.lsfd.org.
        Proud to be honored with IACOJ membership. Blessed by TWO meals cooked by Cheffie - a true culinary goddess. Expressing my own views, not my organization's.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X