Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Pig Roasts Part 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pig Roasts Part 2

I Posted this earlier under the Entertainment Heading, but was recommended by some of the readers that I might get greater coverage in the General Forums, so here goes:

My Common-law wife and I have finally decided to do the "big wedding" thing, in a matter of speaking, July 2003. We already have two wonderful boys (oldest is 2-1/2) and we figured it was about time to make things "official".

Anyway, as with most things we do, we are planning a non-traditional type wedding and for the reception. Rather than going to a resturant or cater out in a hall somewhere, we have decided that since we live in a rual area, a pig roast was the way to go. The reception will be held at the local Fish and Game club, and they have a pit big enough to hold a full side of beef, so we figued what the hell, eh. Why not?

So here is the question: does anyone out there have any recipes or tips on how best to roast a pig(s) to feed approximately 100 guests? I figured that if anyone on the planet knows how, this is the place to ask.

Any replies can be sent to email: rabbitgo@shaw.ca or be posted straight here. Thanks folks.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Heya Rick, you already know my answer...

.....FIRE IN THE HOLE.....
    "No one ever called the Fire Department for doing something smart..."

Comment

Aloha nui!

For the Pacifics of pig, pork and preparation...head over to :http://www.bbq.com/recipes/pigroast.html

For suggestions for a Hawaiian style wedding:
      http://www.alohafriends.com/Hawaii_wedding.html

Now, if you're going to have a Hawaiian pig roast...ya better learn the language!

Invited: Kono
      Invitation: Palapala kono
      Date/Time: Manawa
      Place: Kauwahi
      Directions: 'Ao'ao
      Bring: Lawe mai
      Attendance: Ma’ane’i
      Reply/answer: Hua loa’a
      I am coming/I will come: E hele mai ana au
      I am busy: Pa`ahana nõ au
      Don’t forget: Mai poina!
      Please join us: Ho'olu komo la kaua
      Come celebrate: Hele mei hoohiwahiwa
      Come celebrate the wedding of Bob & Sue : Hele mei hoohiwahiwa Bob & Sue’s la male’ana
      Come celebrate our wedding day: Hele mei hoohiwahiwa ko maua la male 'ana
      Thank you for celebrating with us: Mahalo nui loa na ho'olaule'a me la kaua

And finally...Pili mau na po maikai

BEST WISHES!
      Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
      Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
      On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Comment

http://www.3men.com/big_cooking.htm
        your best bet for sure
        Stay Safe!!! FTM-PTB-EGH-RFB-KTF

Comment

These suggestions are great, and very much appreciated. Any further thoughts or ideas are welcome. Thanks to those who have posted on this topic.
          If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Comment

So how was the pig roast? And why didn't I get an invite?

Comment

Originally posted by Miller337 View Post
              You were not around in 2002
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

You awaken a dead 12 year old thread? LOL
                Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by fire49 View Post
                  You were not around in 2002
                  What the h@ll, you show up talking all rational and stuff. Screwing with Malahat is kind of like smelling the color nine, you can't use a logic based argument to do it man it will never work.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
                    You awaken a dead 12 year old thread? LOL
                    You didn't get an invite either I take it. I think there should be a do-over.

Comment

That will never be a do-over since it involved the EX-wife.

Comment

You didn't get an invite either I take it. I think there should be a do-over.

Maybe I did and you don't know it, besides I'm not telling.
                        Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by firecat1 View Post
                          that will never be a do-over since it involved the ex-wife.
                          eeeeeeeepp!!! Sorry cat.

Comment

Actually "do-over" will never happen because there was never a "Do-First" time around. I got deployed to the Arabian Gulf, thanks to Mr Beer-Ladder...errr I mean Bin Laden. After that deployment, my private life followed down the same beer-ladder his did. Except that I got more beer out of it than he did! I wonder if he got his 72 virgins though.... maybe he came out a-head?

Comment

But did you cook the pig anyway???

I know where you can get a fake passport, in case you want to flee
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X