Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Trump bashes Colorado Spring FD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump bashes Colorado Spring FD

Yet I'm sure many in that and other FDs are going to vote for him.....smh

Last edited by scfire86; 07-30-2016, 10:22 AM.
    They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Much like Clinton, he is an imperfect candidate.

Comment

Apparently Trump knows a thing or two more about fire safety and code enforcement than Colorado Spring's seasoned fire marshall.

Comment

Originally posted by captnjak View Post
        Much like Clinton, he is an imperfect candidate.
        That's one way to put it. He is the antithesis of everything conservatives claimed in others the last 30 years.

His recent insult to the father that lost of son in Iraq. Yet not a peep out of conservatives or all the veterans groups that revile Clinton.

Trump's nomination has proved to many that all things conservatives have claimed to hold dear is a facade.

For example, I would wager HUGE sums that if HRC had five children by three different men (after being publicly unfaithful) the evangelicals who wrap themselves in their Christian beliefs would not be so dismissive.
        Last edited by scfire86; 07-31-2016, 10:56 AM.
        They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by scfire86 View Post
          That's one way to put it. He is the antithesis of everything conservatives claimed in others the last 30 years.

His recent insult to the father that lost of son in Iraq. Yet not a peep out of conservatives or all the veterans groups that revile Clinton.

Trump's nomination has proved to many that all things conservatives have claimed to hold dear is a facade.

For example, I would wager HUGE sums that if HRC had five children by three different men (after being publicly unfaithful) the evangelicals who wrap themselves in their Christian beliefs would not be so dismissive.
          Is he the antithesis of everything conservatives have claimed for the last 30 years or is he the antithesis of what the political machines and the media have told us conservatives believe for the lat 30 years? Either way, the entire Republican Party and conservative movement have been dealt a major blow in the past year. On top of the widespread public acceptance of things like gay marriage and abortion, they now have a candidate who clearly does not care about those issues. Even the pope has lightened up on it.

I'm not sure the evangelicals are exactly what we've been led to believe they are. Is it possible they are fairly willing to leave their religion in church and out of government? Their acceptance and support of Trump makes it seem very possible.

With any luck, these elections can start being about track records and policy and ability and leadership. Instead of the two major parties counting on emotional issues like abortion, immigration, gun control vs gun rights, etc. My favorite lately is "Black Lives Matter" vs "Blue Lives matter". I mean, would it be OK to think they both matter? They are not mutually exclusive. It doesn't have to be one or the other. Except maybe to a small number of extremists.

I fully agree about the double standard being applied concerning both veterans and Trump's familial history. Can you imagine the field day Fox would have had if Clinton butted heads with that father whose son made the supreme sacrifice? I think Hannity would literally stroke out right there on the air.

I suppose it should be pointed out that until fairly recently both Obama and Clinton were opposed to gay marriage. Which just shows how much these politicians all test which way the wind is blowing before speaking on some of these issues.

Republican primary voters chose Trump and a good portion of the Republican establishment lost their minds over it. They'd rather see Clinton win than Trump. I suspect there may have been a similar reaction within the Democratic party had sanders won the nomination. I've said for years that these two parties are flip sides of the same coin. They are way too content to wait for their turn when they lose an election. It's all OK. Business goes on as usual. And very little changes in the lives of most Americans.

Comment

Is he the antithesis of everything conservatives have claimed for the last 30 years or is he the antithesis of what the political machines and the media have told us conservatives believe for the lat 30 years?
            One need only look the GOP platforms from that era to answer that question. The media reported what conservatives have been putting out there as their beliefs. Especially the conservative media juggernaut, Fox News. Which is being exposed as having its own internal ethical issues.

I'm not sure the evangelicals are exactly what we've been led to believe they are. Is it possible they are fairly willing to leave their religion in church and out of government? Their acceptance and support of Trump makes it seem very possible.
            They seem to have no problem expressing their moral outrage when it comes to liberals. If you believe they would be leaving their religion in church if Hillary (or especially Obama) had five children by three different women while being publicly unfaithful, I have a bridge to nowhere to sell you.

They have no problem moralizing about liberals while overlooking the moral indiscretions of their own.

Comment

The comments on the story on the Colorado Springs media seem to be overwhelmingly in support of the Fire Marshal. He did allow an additional 100 guests into each of the rooms after assessing the layout, but it seems that the Trump campaign passed out more passes to the event than the room(s) could legally hold. The speculation was that the campaign wanted to be sure the room was "packed" for media purposes.

There is another story this morning about the Colorado Springs FD rescuing Trump and staffers from an elevator at the Wyndham resort. The firefighters opened the roof hatch and lowered a ladder so all the occupants could climb up to the second floor. The investigation found that Trump's party caused the malfunction. Trump's security staff insisted on complete manual control of the elevator and someone turned the key while the elevator was in motion. The elevator service company had the elevator back in service quickly.

Comment

Both candidates are a joke. The two party system in this country is a crock of *****, because both party's are looking, willing, and able to bend you over and take what they want in some form or another.

Until (at the very LEAST) a viable third party, or even fourth and fifth party come along, this country is going to be in the same river of ***** it's in now.
                "A fire department that writes off civilians faster than an express line of 6 reasons or less is not progressive, it's dangerous, because it's run by fear. Fear does not save lives, it endangers them." -- Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

"Because if you don't think you're good, nobody else will." -- DC Tom Laun (ret) Syracuse

Comment

I have no problem supporting HRC. Especially with Trump as the alternative.
                  Last edited by scfire86; 07-31-2016, 10:32 PM.

Comment

One need only look the GOP platforms from that era to answer that question. The media reported what conservatives have been putting out there as their beliefs. Especially the conservative media juggernaut, Fox News. Which is being exposed as having its own internal ethical issues.

They seem to have no problem expressing their moral outrage when it comes to liberals. If you believe they would be leaving their religion in church if Hillary (or especially Obama) had five children by three different women while being publicly unfaithful, I have a bridge to nowhere to sell you.

They have no problem moralizing about liberals while overlooking the moral indiscretions of their own.
                    Yes but did the GOP put out a platform that they THOUGHT was wanted? Or was it really wanted? Frankly I'm confused by the whole system. Way too many people seem all too comfortable being told what to believe and what they should want. And that the things they should want will be good for them. Many people readily accept the party line. No matter what.

Expressing moral outrage does not constitute injecting religion into politics, IMO. Because religion has no exclusive claim to morality, although they'll tell you otherwise. But I get your point about the condemnation that would rain down on Clinton for doing exactly what Trump did. And I agree. I'm not looking for a fight here. I guess I'm just making observations and offering comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Chenzo View Post
                      Both candidates are a joke. The two party system in this country is a crock of *****, because both party's are looking, willing, and able to bend you over and take what they want in some form or another.

Until (at the very LEAST) a viable third party, or even fourth and fifth party come along, this country is going to be in the same river of ***** it's in now.
                      I agree. Trump may actually be the stimulus for a real third party. Had Sanders won the Democratic nomination (along with Trump in the GOP) I have little doubt that there would be a third major party in this country by the time the next presidential election comes around.

Comment

Yes but did the GOP put out a platform that they THOUGHT was wanted? Or was it really wanted? Frankly I'm confused by the whole system. Way too many people seem all too comfortable being told what to believe and what they should want. And that the things they should want will be good for them. Many people readily accept the party line. No matter what.
                        Parties create their platforms after taking input from delegates that are elected at the local level.

Comment

Parties shouldcreate their platforms after taking input from delegates that are elected at the local level.
                          Corrected for you....
                          "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

Originally posted by Bones42 View Post
                            Corrected for you....
                            I'm with bones in that I'm not really sure who is telling whom what to do and what should be on the platform.Seems like a lot of shenanigans are going on. Brought to light by both parties this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bones42 View Post
                              Corrected for you....
                              I'm with bones in that I'm not really sure who is telling whom what to do and what should be on the platform.Seems like a lot of shenanigans are going on. Brought to light by both parties this year.
                              That's what they should do. That's not what happens. The party leadership has no way to gauge if they are not promoting a viable alternative unless that leadership is voted out of office. Which has not happened.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

300x600 Forums Only

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Lower 970x90

Collapse

Lower 728x90