The Helmet Pic Thread (2nd Alarm)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 1010 for the OBFD.

(Sorry for so many consecutive replies...)
    Attached Files
    Drew Mortland
    East Alton Fire Department
    POC Firefighter - 516
    Olin Brass Fire Department
    Firefighter - A Shift 5191

Comment

NY911, how many helmets do you have?
      Firefighting - one of the few professions left that still makes house calls.

Comment

Originally posted by NY911Bowhunter View Post
        Although I had one in the mid-90's, I have never been a fan of the 880 = but I must say the one pictured above is fantastic looking!

Keep 'em coming!

Here is one from my collection - an old 5a, used by one of the guys who retired from my department (I dispatch for them) as a Captain. This was his Lt lid from the 80's...
        They ran LT.s with white lids?

Comment

We Do.......

Originally posted by NFD-Firefighter View Post
          We have 3 Colors here: Yellow or Black for Firefighters and White for Officers. Line Officers have White Helmets, Chief Officers have White Coats and Helmets..........
          Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
          In memory of
          Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
          Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

We run red helmets for FF's and FAE's. Black for Officers (Capt's, no Loui's). White for all Chiefs, including coats.

FM1
            I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Originally posted by EastKyFF
            "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Comment

NY911, how many helmets do you have?
              A dozen or so...it varies as I buy and sell..I have a few that will never be sold, like the white LT lid above.

Yes - back in the day, mostly all of the departments in Dutchess County, NY ran white helmets for all officers...Poughkeepsie, and a few others still do. In the PFD it works, because everyone knows...hoever, a few of the mutual aid companies around my vollie town do it and it does create confusion..

My firts year as a Lieutenant, I wore an all white helmet. That particular department changed over to white front on black helmet for LT's and captains.
              Attached Files
              FTM - BTB - KTF

Comment

Originally posted by hwoods View Post
                We have 3 Colors here: Yellow or Black for Firefighters and White for Officers. Line Officers have White Helmets, Chief Officers have White Coats and Helmets..........
                We run black for FF and LT, red for Cap, and white for Chief. Everyone gets tan turnouts. Interesting to hear about everyone else 's system.

Comment

gotta take new pics

and on the topic of colors, we run white for all our line officers as well, yellow for firefighters, blue for emts, and red for any none FF1/jr member

Comment

OK...I am 58 minutes away from 18 days off and a family trip from NY to Florida...time on the beach in Daytona to celebrate 11 years of marriage to an amazing woman, and taking the kids to Disney....so I am feeling generous..here are some pics of my collection.

Here is an old 5a i aquired from a guy a work,,all original and in great shape. I recently added a pair of vintage, yet never issued Bourkes. I had this on ebay this week, but it didnt sell.

I do not like the highlighting of the scrollwork, but it does add character.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by NY911Bowhunter; 05-22-2011, 10:56 PM.
                    FTM - BTB - KTF

Comment

This is a large N5a I got cheap off of ebay, redid, and sold for a healthy profit. This lid fit great and I wish i kept it, and if it didnt have the thick gloss black paint, I may have lept it.
                      Attached Files
                      FTM - BTB - KTF

Comment

Lieutenant shield I ordered to put on a helmet that i ended up selling...Keeping this for "some day"
                        Attached Files
                        FTM - BTB - KTF

Comment

Thi is an older SMALL N5a, with a newer style finial. The brim has some CRAZY bends in the rear.
                          Attached Files
                          FTM - BTB - KTF

Comment

My Cairns 1010. About 5 months old.

"If it was easy, someone else would of done it already." - Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

- Firefighter 1 / HAZMAT Ops / EMT-B

Comment

Originally posted by NY911Bowhunter View Post
                              OK...I am 58 minutes away from 18 days off and a family trip from NY to Florida...time on the beach in Daytona to celebrate 11 years of marriage to an amazing woman, and taking the kids to Disney....so I am feeling generous..here are some pics of my collection.
                              Lucky you, have fun in Florida and congrats on 11 years

Comment

Quick Question................

Guys..... I don't mean to get this thread off track, but does anyone who has been here a bit remember where we had the Thread about our Personal Vehicles?? It had gotten up to more than a few pages, with everyone posting pics of their ride....... Including the Show Stopper, Gonzo's Mustang.....

Anyway, I tried the Search thing last night and didn't find it.......
                                Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
                                In memory of
                                Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
                                Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X