Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IMPORTANT!!! Please read, even if you don't like me, it's about a terrible scam!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jonnee View Post
    I would have expected better from you. Not insulting the man's wife in a public forum!
    I would expect anyone with a lick of sense not to post stories about how foolish their wife had been in a public forum. How do you think she'd feel about it?
    "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"
    sigpic
    The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Comment

Originally posted by notfruitybutloopy
      ^^

I read that and thought about doing the same thing, mainly thinking of writing a program that calls them and plays back microphone feed back.

It's going to happen one of these days that these guys are going to tap a mafia / drug cartel bank account, then I'm going to laugh as a favour is done to the world.
      Yeah, right.

Looking at the time you posted, you should have been in bed for an hour or so.

Better watch how you talk about the "family", so you never know who is part of the "family"!

Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by DeputyMarshal View Post
        Seriously? You might want to think twice next time about posting something that foolish that she did on an open internet forum. What were you thinking?
        Had to retract my response, didn't want to sink to DeputyDipshiat's level.

Takes a real big man to pick on another man's wife that isn't thinking right right now because her horomones are all messed because she's pregnant and these people used scare tactics on her to force her into setting up a payment.

I mean, God forbid her loving me enough to fear me going to jail.
        Last edited by firefightinirish217; 02-02-2011, 09:14 PM.

Comment

So, I called HSBC, Orchard Bank this evening to see if they ever do business with this United Legal Alliance company. They said they have never heard of them nor have they ever used them. JAG is gonna have a ball with this one. I smell blodd in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by firefightinirish217 View Post
            Mother****er, what the **** is your problem? She made an honest mistake, doesn't make her a damn fool. Keep talking **** about my wife dick. You sir are a real piece of work, just so you know.
            Lighten up, Francis.
            "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"
            sigpic
            The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Comment

Hey DeputyDip****t, butt pirate, what the hell ever you are. Just go on with yourself. You were wrong for talking crap about my wife, you've been called on it by myself and two others on here. You're wrong, face it, and deal with it. Grow a pair and be a man and admit when you're wrong.

I tell you what, why don't you mosey your tough as hell internet self on down here to MCAS Cherry Point and look me up so you can muster up the courage to talk **** about my wife to my face, it'll get taken care of Marine Corps style.
              Last edited by firefightinirish217; 02-03-2011, 06:40 AM.

Comment

So, I called HSBC, Orchard Bank this evening to see if they ever do business with this United Legal Alliance company. They said they have never heard of them nor have they ever used them. JAG is gonna have a ball with this one. I smell blodd in the air.
                I hope that you have better luck with this "issue" than most folks do. You see the problem with most "companys" like this is that they are not States side. There phone numbers are routed from a foreign country into an American town and then to victim. So catching them and prosecuting them damn near impossible. Plus, a lot of time the scam is a double edge sword, in that if you call the number back you will receive one hell of a phone bill. SO before you call the number back CHECK THE AREA CODE FIRST! If you call the number back there is nothing I nor the phone company can do for you because you did make the call. Your best bet is to file a report with your local agency for attempting to obtain property by false pretense and leave it be. I'll file a report on your behalf and that is about as far as it will and can go. By all means let your family and friends know what has occurred so they don't become victims as well but don;t get your hopes up about seeing any Justice done anytime soon. It sucks but it is what it is.
                Stay Safe
                Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
                - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
                -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Comment

Originally posted by BULL321 View Post
                  I hope that you have better luck with this "issue" than most folks do. You see the problem with most "companys" like this is that they are not States side. There phone numbers are routed from a foreign country into an American town and then to victim. So catching them and prosecuting them damn near impossible. Plus, a lot of time the scam is a double edge sword, in that if you call the number back you will receive one hell of a phone bill. SO before you call the number back CHECK THE AREA CODE FIRST! If you call the number back there is nothing I nor the phone company can do for you because you did make the call. Your best bet is to file a report with your local agency for attempting to obtain property by false pretense and leave it be. I'll file a report on your behalf and that is about as far as it will and can go. By all means let your family and friends know what has occurred so they don't become victims as well but don;t get your hopes up about seeing any Justice done anytime soon. It sucks but it is what it is.
                  I called AT&T, they said it wasn't routing outside the states. But, what I did find out, via post from a disgruntled employee that posted on a scam alert site, is that they are not in San Antonio as they say they are, but in Cincinnati, OH. My SSgt was a recruiter in Cincinnati, he has buddies that are still recruiters up there, he's going to see if they'll go by there one day and check the place out. I mean the person gave out the street address and floor numbers as well. We'll see if it's legit.

The number that they are using is a San Antonio number, but, they are using a re-router to send people's calls to their offices in Cincinnati. The lady at AT&T said that since I called them and let them know about the situation that if there were any charges for any kind of international calls, they would take them off of my bill.

Oh, and they sent a copy of the "settlement", which is null and void now because I closed the account, to my email. So now, if they do get caught for some reason, I now have proof that they did try to take money illegally from me. The JAG lawyers want me to come in on Monday to talk to them. I think they're a little ****ed at these folks because they tried to take advantage of one of their own. Hopefully being a federal employee will have some kind of bearing on how they'll pursue this.

If nothing else, it gave me some happiness just to get under those idiot's skins and **** them all off. By luchtime today they were begging me to stop the payment or whatever I wanted and to please, please stop calling them and harrassing them. No ****, the supervisor lady that I kept calling actually begged me not to call them again. Too damn funny, and oh so satisfying, haha. My SSgt was laughing his *** off, I had them on speaker phone so that my SNCO's could be witnesses that they kept hanging up on me when I would ask for specific information or dig too far.

Also, when I mentioned that I knew they were in Cincinnati, the supervisor I was talking to got really quiet for a good long time before she finally tried to deny it. You know me BULL, I'm red headed, hot tempered, Irish lineage, and a Marine. Just can't let it go brother.

BTW, thanks for offering to help with it BULL, that means a lot. I think I'm gonna see what JAG wants to do with it first. They seemed pretty ****ed off at the people. They wanted me to come in tomorrow or Friday, but I let them know it would be Monday before I could go by there.
                  Last edited by firefightinirish217; 02-02-2011, 10:48 PM.

Comment

I called AT&T, they said it wasn't routing outside the states. But, what I did find out, via post from a disgruntled employee that posted on a scam alert site, is that they are not in San Antonio as they say they are, but in Cincinnati, OH. The number that they are using is a San Antonio number, but, they are using a re-router to send people's calls to their offices in Cincinnati. The lady at AT&T said that since I called them and let them know about the situation that if there were any charges for any kind of international calls, they would take them off of my bill.
                    Good deal. That was smart of you to check before you called. Most victims are so mad they call the "subjects" back to give them a piece of their mind and get burnt.

Oh, and they sent a copy of the "settlement", which is null and void now because I closed the account, to my email. So now, if they do get caught for some reason, I now have proof that they did try to take money illegally from me. The JAG lawyers want me to come in on Monday to talk to them. I think they're a little ****ed at these folks because they tried to take advantage of one of their own. Hopefully being a federal employee will have some kind of bearing on how they'll pursue this.

The Feds, have more horsepower that us local LEOs so hopefully they will be able to nail the subjects

If nothing else, it gave me some happiness just to get under those idiot's skins and **** them all off. By luchtime today they were begging me to stop the payment or whatever I wanted and to please, please stop calling them and harrassing them. No ****, the supervisor lady that I kept calling actually begged me not to call them again. Too damn funny, and oh so satisfying, haha. My SSgt was laughing his *** off, I had them on speaker phone so that my SNCO's could be witnesses that they kept hanging up on me when I would ask for specific information or dig too far.

Also, when I mentioned that I knew they were in Cincinnati, the supervisor I was talking to got really quiet for a good long time before she finally tried to deny it. You know me BULL, I'm red headed, hot tempered, Irish lineage, and a Marine. Just can't let it go brother.
                    Good Luck, I hope that you will be able to hammer their butts to the wall!
                    Stay Safe
                    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
                    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
                    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Comment

Originally posted by BULL321 View Post
                      Good Luck, I hope that you will be able to hammer their butts to the wall!
                      Me too brother, me too. Like I said though, if not, at least I got a little bit back by harrassing the **** out of them until they finally literally begged me to cancel the payment and stop calling them. I said I don't have to cancel the payment, the account is closed. It was so nice hearing the strain in that woman's voice when she begged me to please stop calling their office and harrassing them. I thought to myself, "Mission accomplished!"
                      Last edited by firefightinirish217; 02-03-2011, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DeputyMarshal View Post
                        Seriously? You might want to think twice next time about posting something that foolish that she did on an open internet forum. What were you thinking?
                        Thats pretty lame, man.

You go out of your way to get under people's skin on here... strange.
                        I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

FFI, there might be some statute under FCC regs that applies, since those arse-wipes used a land line to try and run their scam. Maybe check out that angle. Good luck!

Comment

Problems

I feel your pain with the scammers that are out there. I hope it gets resolved. My beef is what has happened here. It seems that when a person tries to get a problem fixed by asking those of us on this site get slammed by some individuals. How about we help a brother or sister out instead of berating them or their wives or significant others. I think the time is now to start thinking before you send in a response.

Just my 2 cents....
                            Respectfully,
                            Jay Dudley
                            Retired Fire
                            Background Investigator
                            IACOJ-Member
                            Lifetime Member CSFA
                            IAFF Alumni Member

Comment

Certain things are usually off limits in the house, like kids and spouses. But you would only know that if you spent anytime in a house.
                              firefightinirish217, thanks for sharing. Its refreshing to know that Im not the only one not perfect or with a perfect lady. But then again, she is perfect for me!!
                              My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
                              "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
                              George Mason
                              Co-author of the Second Amendment
                              during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
                              Elevator Rescue Information

Comment

I have important imformation on a scam that was pulled on my wife today.

To start these people go by the name United Legal Alliance. They say they are out of San Antonio, TX and use a number, 210-280-8017, which according to my online cell phone information belongs to a Babcock, not ULA. They are actually located in Cincinatti, OH according to someone that claims to be a former employee on a discussion forum for phone scams.

Anyway, they called my dad today and he passed the number on to my wife. She called them back and they said that they were trying to serve a court subpeona on a credit card that I supposedly owed over a thousand dollars on and refused to pay. Well, for one, that credit card was closed BEFORE I joined the Marine Corps, and second, if I had any kind of amount on my credit report owed like that I would not have the secret clearance I have today, and the Navy investigators are pretty thourough about that.

Well, it scared my wife and she set up a 600+ dollar payment for them through our bank. But, she didn't think something was right so she looked them up on the internet and found pages upon pages about this company and their scam. SO, we went to the bank and closed the account and opened a new one that they can't touch.

I called this company back, after checking my credit report to make sure that account was indeed closed. After asking them questions needing specific answers they hung up on me several times. I got fed up with it and started threatening them with getting NCIS and JAG involved and then they got beligerent and angry and resorted to name calling, mainly calling me a bitch and hanging up on me. SO, I decided to keep harrassing the hell out of them until they closed shop for the night.

If you get a message from these people and they leave a 210-280-8017 number, DO NOT give them ANY money. I have a SSgt that has recruiter friends in Cincinatti that are going to go and pay this company a visit. They just might get a visit from NCIS after all.

Just thought I'd pass this on to you guys so you don't have to go through what I did today. Make sure your spouses and families get this information. They use anything from restraining orders, bad credit issues, and court appearances as ways to scare you. I quite enjoyed calling them and getting them all worked up and ****ed. It was fun harrassing the **** out of them. I might even do it again tomorrow.
                                Good luck putting this beast down. Thanks for the tip. I dumped my landline and have software in my cell phone that blocks calls that aren't in my address book. Since these folks don't leave voice mails, it's cut way down on my telemarketing and scam type calls.
                                I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X