Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking for some lights?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • looking for some lights?

    hello my name is kyle been a firefighter for 8 years now and i was wondering what are some good grill mounted led strobes to put in the grill of my explorer. any help would be great. not looking for the best but decent i was what im looking for but best also works to.

    thx for the help and be safe out there everyone

  • #2
    Your first post and you are starting with lights?

    This is a can-of-worms topic here.

    Try google: "grille strobes"


    Guys... keep it civil.... he's new.


    firestorm2011: This subject has been beat to death... look through the topics and you will see much discussion on this.

    Welcome aboard sir,
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by PaladinKnight View Post
      Your first post and you are starting with lights?

      This is a can-of-worms topic here.

      Try google: "grille strobes"


      Guys... keep it civil.... he's new.


      firestorm2011: This subject has been beat to death... look through the topics and you will see much discussion on this.

      Welcome aboard sir,
      The "search" function is your friend....
      ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
      Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

      Comment


      • #4
        elightbars.org


        Go there. Ask questions. They are light fanatics over there. Far too much wacker for me over there, but they may be able to help you out.

        saves us all the headache of the same old thread, too
        "A fire department that writes off civilians faster than an express line of 6 reasons or less is not progressive, it's dangerous, because it's run by fear. Fear does not save lives, it endangers them." -- Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

        "Because if you don't think you're good, nobody else will." -- DC Tom Laun (ret) Syracuse

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks for all the help everyone. Most of my searches that i tried and found were lights that were outta my price range. but in recent months I have acquired a decent set of 4 (8 led head) {4 red led's and 4 white led's} in each unit for 200 bucks. They were all brand new fresh in the package and were only 49.99 each. So thanks again everyone for the help.

          Comment


          • #6
            If you can't say anthing nice. If you can't say anything nice. If you can't say anything nice.I'm trying, I really am. Honest.

            Comment


            • #7
              Firestorm2011 - first of all you need to check with the State Motor Vehicle Code, in which you live, to see IF you are allowed to have such lights on your private vehicle.

              Every state has their own rules to this matter. Not all firefighters, career or volunteer are allowed to install lights or may be limited to the type, quanity and where they be mounted.

              As others have said, do a search, on these forums, on the subject and you will see many posts, rules and other comments concerning this.

              Check these:

              http://www.firehouse.com/forums/sear...?searchid=6028


              http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...isghts+in+povs


              http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...isghts+in+povs
              Last edited by CaptOldTimer; 01-25-2012, 11:55 AM.
              Stay Safe and Well Out There....

              Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
                Firestorm2011 - first of all you need to check with the State Motor Vehicle Code, in which you live, to see IF you are allowed to have such lights on your private vehicle.

                Every state has their own rules to this matter. Not all firefighters, career or volunteer are allowed to install lights or may be limited to the type, quanity and where they be mounted.

                As others have said, do a search, on these forums, on the subject and you will see many posts, rules and other comments concerning this.

                Check these:

                http://www.firehouse.com/forums/sear...?searchid=6028


                http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...isghts+in+povs


                http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...isghts+in+povs
                I already know what I can and cant have I'm just looking for lights but I have already found what I am looking for. I'm going to actually buy another 4 of these lights that I have bought already. Thanks for what ever help was given but this thread is dead as of this comment.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by firestorm2011 View Post
                  I already know what I can and cant have I'm just looking for lights but I have already found what I am looking for. I'm going to actually buy another 4 of these lights that I have bought already. Thanks for what ever help was given but this thread is dead as of this comment.
                  The thread was dead when you sign on and began it.
                  Stay Safe and Well Out There....

                  Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by firestorm2011 View Post
                    I already know what I can and cant have I'm just looking for lights but I have already found what I am looking for. I'm going to actually buy another 4 of these lights that I have bought already. Thanks for what ever help was given but this thread is dead as of this comment.
                    And I was supposed to be nice. Screw nice. You worthless, ignorant, snotnosed, rude, wannabee punk go slap your crappy lights on your POV so you too can go "CODE 3" and stand there (if you make it without wrecking or killing anyone) with your finger in your tucas trying to look like a big deal being a yard maggot.

                    OOOPS, sorry everyone just kinda slipped out there.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Miller337 View Post
                      And I was supposed to be nice. Screw nice. You worthless, ignorant, snotnosed, rude, wannabee punk go slap your crappy lights on your POV so you too can go "CODE 3" and stand there (if you make it without wrecking or killing anyone) with your finger in your tucas trying to look like a big deal being a yard maggot.

                      OOOPS, sorry everyone just kinda slipped out there.
                      ok miller way to be professional. I was just one firefighter asking a question to other firefighters. Didn't really appreciate the comment there.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by firestorm2011 View Post
                        ok miller way to be professional. I was just one firefighter asking a question to other firefighters. Didn't really appreciate the comment there.
                        Gosh, Mighty Firestorm I thought you had declared this thread dead after you expained how you know everthing in a touchingly consending manner.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by firestorm2011 View Post
                          Thanks for what ever help was given but this thread is dead as of this comment.
                          Wow. Is that how it works? You simply declare it dead and no one else replies?

                          Anyways, remember, you get what you pay for. A dirt cheap LED is going to still be a dirt cheap LED.

                          Comment

                          300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                          Collapse

                          Upper 300x250

                          Collapse

                          Taboola

                          Collapse

                          Leader

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X