Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you saw the Metrodome collapse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you saw the Metrodome collapse?

I found that to be quite funny (being from Wisconsin and all) so I fell off my couch laughing when I saw that. They said it wasn't the first time thats happened either.

I'm just happy no one was hurt.

Nobody saw the Metrodome collapse because it didn't. The inflatable room broke. Saying the Metrodome collapsed like the media headlines implies the whole structure failed.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderbuck View Post
      I found that to be quite funny (being from Wisconsin and all) so I fell off my couch laughing when I saw that. They said it wasn't the first time thats happened either.

I'm just happy no one was hurt.

Funny? Why was is funny?

They were lucky that no one was in the place when part of the roof tore and a lot of snow fell in.

It could have been a lot worst with the place full and a game going on and the entire roof fell in.

Death may have occured. Would you be laughing and falling off you couch then?

Grow up young man. One day, if you are a fireman, you are going to see mambers get hurt or mayby killed. Then what will you do? Laugh some more.
      Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

It was the ghost of Vince Lombardi reminding us that real football isn't played in a dome.

I saw the video and was amazed at the impact. They are truly lucky with the timing and that nobody was hurt/killed. Still, one has to wonder why the failure occured. Surely they did a snow load analysis when designing the dome. What failed?
        So you call this your free country
        Tell me why it costs so much to live
        -3dd

Comment

Originally posted by voyager9 View Post
          It was the ghost of Vince Lombardi reminding us that real football isn't played in a dome.

I saw the video and was amazed at the impact. They are truly lucky with the timing and that nobody was hurt/killed. Still, one has to wonder why the failure occured. Surely they did a snow load analysis when designing the dome. What failed?

I heard on the Mike and Mike that the amount of snow and the wind all paid a big part. It appears that a seam or near a seam failed.

Oh yes, I didn't think it was funny either.

Comment

Apparently human intelect, . I mean really, a dome that is held up by the air pressure from the interior? I agree, football should not be in a dome, hence I love college football, the NFL is so sissyfied now.

Comment

About 18 years ago I took my son to see the Tigers play the Twins there. I did not care for the extra air pressure, made you feel goofy (more than normal). That was the game when Cecil Fielder took a swing and launched his bat into the crowd and hit a lady. She was OK and Cecil walked over and gave her one of his spare bats.

Comment

Yep!..........

I'm with Ya on that!!......
                Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
                In memory of
                Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
                Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

The same thing happened many years ago at the Hartford Ct. civic center. 3 days of non-stop heavy snow and then it turned warm. All the weight caused a structural overload and the roof gave way. Luckily it was in the Wee hours of the morning and the building was empty.

Real football is played like Sundays game at Soldiers field between the Pats and DA bears.
                  Where they have to send the snowblowers out between possessions to clear the lines.

Comment

Snow Load

While I did like the watching the game with the snow at Soldiers Field with The Bears, I also lived through 4 winters in Minneapolis and attended a few games at the old county stadium. One I remember, it was 11 F degrees out and about a foot of snow that had to be cleared from the field. We had on snowmobile suits and drank so much Mad Dog 20-20 and Wild Turkey I don't remember who won! Or much of anything else for that matter.
                    Much better in the enclosed stadium. Every outdoor game in Minnesota is an ordeal.

Comment

Originally posted by donethat View Post
                      We had on snowmobile suits and drank so much Mad Dog 20-20 and Wild Turkey I don't remember who won! Or much of anything else for that matter.
                      What does that change with a dome?
                      So you call this your free country
                      Tell me why it costs so much to live
                      -3dd

Comment

What does that change with a dome?
                        Were drinking alcohol to stay warm. Not as much consumption needed indoors!!

Comment

Very scary thing. Imagine some bunch of kids out there on the field for a halftime event when the SOB gave way...

Now that nobody was hurt, though, we have to ask:

Which collapsed first, the roof or the team?
                          “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
                          ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by EastKyFF
                            Which collapsed first, the roof or the team?
                            They have a team that plays there???? Whoduthunk

FM1
                            I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Originally posted by EastKyFF
                            "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Comment

I'm just glad there's news from Minnesota that doesn't talk about Brett (the drama queen) Favre.

I swear they should change it from the NFL Network to All Brett, All The Time

I want my money back

Oh, by the way, Capt ol' Timer, maybe lighten up a lil'. No one was hurt so we can laugh.
                              My wise and profound comments and opinions are mine alone and are in no way associated with any other individual or group.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X