Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doughesson
    replied
    To all those who haven't served their country because they found other pursuits to put their minds and hands to:You're welcome.
    I had a rather unique experience on Veteran's Day years ago.I was wearing my cruise jacket from USS Mahan DDG 42 1985-86 Mediterranean Cruise when a man who was riding a wheelchair actually thanked ME for my service.We got to talking and it turned out he'd been aboard the WWII Mahan and had transferred just before she went to Leyte Gulf and her date with Destiny(she was sunk in that battle).
    I told him that since I had been a peacetime sailor,I should be thanking HIM but he wouldn't take it,saying that it wasn't that big a deal to him,that he just did what was needed to be done.
    Vets don't usually think of what they do as all that worthy of a lot of fuss.At least,I don't.I think the short version is "Shucks,warn't nothin' ".

Leave a comment:

• PaladinKnight
    replied
    I'm a little late.

Thanks Robert for posting this great tribute.

And my heartfelt appreciation goes out to veterans, past and present, for their service and sacrifice.

Leave a comment:

• Jonnee
    replied
    Outstanding video, Loo.

Leave a comment:

• CaptOldTimer
    replied
    Robert, my Brother, thanks for posting the video.

I served my time in the military service and came home without too much being different. Some didn't and some didn't come home!

God Bless the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!

Leave a comment:

• Capt387
    replied
    Originally posted by Chenzo View Post
    Amen, to everything you just said. The sounds of bagpipes are beautiful, but it just brings back the memories of so many fallen brothers, and family members that have passed on.
    I second that amen

Leave a comment:

• Chenzo
    replied
    Originally posted by Dickey View Post
    Excellent video!!

A tip of the helmet to all vets, thank you!!

PS: I have a love/hate relationship with bagpipes. I love the sound but it makes me cry like a schoolgirl.
    Amen, to everything you just said. The sounds of bagpipes are beautiful, but it just brings back the memories of so many fallen brothers, and family members that have passed on.

Leave a comment:

• Dickey
    replied
    Excellent video!!

A tip of the helmet to all vets, thank you!!

PS: I have a love/hate relationship with bagpipes. I love the sound but it makes me cry like a schoolgirl.

Leave a comment:

• CGITCH
    replied
    I was just about to make one of these threads but didn't know what to say. I know there are members on here who served, or are serving. Thank you for your committment, without you I wouldn't experience many of the freedoms I experience today.

Leave a comment:

• MemphisE34a
    started a topic Veteran's Day 2010

Veteran's Day 2010

To all of the firefighters or firefighters family members that has served in our nations armed forces, GOD BLESS YOU, and thank you for your service.

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X