Veteran's Day 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veteran's Day 2010

To all of the firefighters or firefighters family members that has served in our nations armed forces, GOD BLESS YOU, and thank you for your service.

RK
    cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

I was just about to make one of these threads but didn't know what to say. I know there are members on here who served, or are serving. Thank you for your committment, without you I wouldn't experience many of the freedoms I experience today.

Comment

Excellent video!!

A tip of the helmet to all vets, thank you!!

PS: I have a love/hate relationship with bagpipes. I love the sound but it makes me cry like a schoolgirl.
      Jason Knecht
      Firefighter/EMT
      Township Fire Dept., Inc.
      Eau Claire, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
      http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
      EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dickey View Post
        Excellent video!!

A tip of the helmet to all vets, thank you!!

PS: I have a love/hate relationship with bagpipes. I love the sound but it makes me cry like a schoolgirl.
        Amen, to everything you just said. The sounds of bagpipes are beautiful, but it just brings back the memories of so many fallen brothers, and family members that have passed on.
        "A fire department that writes off civilians faster than an express line of 6 reasons or less is not progressive, it's dangerous, because it's run by fear. Fear does not save lives, it endangers them." -- Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

"Because if you don't think you're good, nobody else will." -- DC Tom Laun (ret) Syracuse

Comment

Originally posted by Chenzo View Post
          Amen, to everything you just said. The sounds of bagpipes are beautiful, but it just brings back the memories of so many fallen brothers, and family members that have passed on.
          I second that amen
          Am I being effective in my efforts or am I merely showing up in my fireman costume to watch a house burn down?” (Joe Brown, www.justlookingbusy.wordpress.com)

Comment

Robert, my Brother, thanks for posting the video.

I served my time in the military service and came home without too much being different. Some didn't and some didn't come home!

God Bless the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!
            Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Outstanding video, Loo.

Comment

I'm a little late.

Thanks Robert for posting this great tribute.

And my heartfelt appreciation goes out to veterans, past and present, for their service and sacrifice.
                HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Comment

To all those who haven't served their country because they found other pursuits to put their minds and hands to:You're welcome.
                  I had a rather unique experience on Veteran's Day years ago.I was wearing my cruise jacket from USS Mahan DDG 42 1985-86 Mediterranean Cruise when a man who was riding a wheelchair actually thanked ME for my service.We got to talking and it turned out he'd been aboard the WWII Mahan and had transferred just before she went to Leyte Gulf and her date with Destiny(she was sunk in that battle).
                  I told him that since I had been a peacetime sailor,I should be thanking HIM but he wouldn't take it,saying that it wasn't that big a deal to him,that he just did what was needed to be done.
                  Vets don't usually think of what they do as all that worthy of a lot of fuss.At least,I don't.I think the short version is "Shucks,warn't nothin' ".

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X