X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nmfire
    replied
    Originally posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    See the photo on the firehouse front page of this site and the POV with the BLUE light on its roof!!!!
    And this means what? Nothing. In fact the article even says they're investigating the possibility of a medical problem while driving. Frankly it looks like a rather minor crash. Most 52yr olds don't drive like a bat out of hell. Was he even using the light? Who knows and I don't think it matters in this case.
    Last edited by nmfire; 10-22-2010, 12:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CaptOldTimer
    replied
    See the photo on the firehouse front page of this site and the POV with the BLUE light on its roof!!!!

Leave a comment:

• EastKyFF
    replied
    Nothing looks stupider than a bunch of buffoons in POV's roaring to the scene and then not having one poot of an idea what to do. Lights will get you there a little faster sometimes; you better be sure you're prepared to be the first one on the scene.

Leave a comment:

• PaladinKnight
    replied
    Originally posted by chrismartin1701 View Post
    everyone has problems. as for me, i have always been attracted to emergency lights since i was very young, my family can vouch for that. however, i do need to focus on my future with the station rather than the lights. i let my inner child out every once in a while for some fresh air.

Hey kid... every once in a while I have a kid come in that wants to be a firefighter just so he can run lights and siren. They don't get hired.

I hire the guys that come in because they want to change the world. Some would say that's a fantasy. Is it? If firefighters save a life or prevent a family from losing everything they own, I call that saving the world, at least someone's world.

I want the guys that want to learn everything they can, while never assuming they know it all.

I want the guys that want to be part of a great team, not someone that thinks they are superior to others.

You say you have been attracted to lights since you were very young. I suggest you grow up and put the attraction behind you. That damn light will not make you a firefighter or medic. It will not give you special powers or make people think you're a hero. It is just a tool and it is ineffective in the hands of someone that does not know how to use it.

If you truly want to be a firefighter, then grow up and act like one. Get the chip off your shoulder and show some respect for the guys that were blazing the trail for you.... just so you can run your little light.

In the meantime... quit worrying about how old the damn light is and the noise it makes. Worry about something that is important like how to be a firefighter.

Leave a comment:

• FIREMECH1
    replied
    Originally posted by chrismartin1701
    how do you know they're my videos?

everyone has problems. as for me, i have always been attracted to emergency lights since i was very young, my family can vouch for that. however, i do need to focus on my future with the station rather than the lights. i let my inner child out every once in a while for some fresh air.

so its just age huh? fair enough... glad that there isnt some serious mechanical issue.
    This is all I needed to see to prove he is a "whacker". Problem is, he may be on a VFD, to fulfill his "light" fantasies. May God help us all.

FM1

Leave a comment:

• Jonnee
    replied
    Originally posted by HAFD112 View Post
    these guys hate lights and the people who use them, you can't change that.
    I don't hate lights. The FD which I am employed has them on my staff car. Do I use them? Yes sometimes, but not all the time.

Would I have lights on my POV or did I when I was a volly in another dept years back? No I didn't as it didn't make a lot of sense to run them when the highway traffic is so thick around where I live and volly, that it was a no win thing.

I really don't care how many anyone bolts on their POV, as long as they are happy.

Leave a comment:

• nmfire
    replied
    Actually I don't. Up until I moved, I had them for over 10 years on my truck. There is a time and a place for them. That place isn't everywhere. This guy has no legal or practical use and is borderline impersonating a firefighter with it. And he's a lying loser. That, I do not like.

Leave a comment:

• HAFD112
    replied
    these guys hate lights and the people who use them, you can't change that.

Leave a comment:

• allineedisu
    replied
    Let's see, you have been a member, this time maybe, for a total of 20 days and have manage in your first post to get these older guys wound up about a light to go on your POV.

You even posted a link to a YouTube site, which everyone believes that its your car with that light on top.

Others have posted the laws of the Empire State about using such lights. You still choose to ignore them!

So now you are calling some of these member names and insulting most of these grown up experience firefighters. Son, these guys have don't more to enhance the fire service than you could ever fathom or could do yourself.

Why not chill out, study hard in school, pass all the subjects and one day graduate and make your parents proud of you. I am sure if they read some of your posting, they would puke on their selves!

Leave a comment:

• Lewiston2FF
    replied
    Not sure when you picked up the light but a strict interpretation of the law sited below says one light. That one has two. (The law was just recently revised to remove the candle power clause.)

4. Blue light. a. One blue light may be affixed to any motor vehicle owned by a volunteer member of a fire department or on a motor vehicle owned by a member of such person's family residing in the same household or by a business enterprise in which such person has a proprietary interest or by which he or she is employed, provided such volunteer firefighter has been authorized in writing to so affix a blue light by the chief of the fire department or company of which he or she is a member, which authorization shall be subject to revocation at any time by the chief who issued the same or his or her successor in office. Such blue light may be displayed exclusively by such volunteer firefighter on such a vehicle only when engaged in an emergency operation. The use of blue lights on vehicles shall be restricted for use only by a volunteer firefighter except as otherwise provided for in subparagraph b of this paragraph.

http://www.nysgtsc.state.ny.us/emer-vt.htm

Leave a comment:

• Rescue101
    replied
    And what's with the kids with attitudes? I've got one(attitude)but it's taken me over half a century to PERFECT it. T.C.

Leave a comment:

• PaladinKnight
    replied
    Originally posted by Acklan View Post
    After reading your post I checked, the Village is looking for him.

Well, yeah but they won't find him...

I'm pretty sure Scotty has done 3eamed him up.

Pardon the 3... the key next to "v" and "n" crapped out thanks to a soda mishap in another topic.

Leave a comment:

• Acklan
    replied
    Originally posted by nmfire View Post
    Some things you should keep to yourself. You would look like less of an idiot.
    After reading your post I checked, the Village is looking for him.

Leave a comment:

• nmfire
    replied
    Well, primarily because you posed a link to your youtube account. They are your videos on your account with your voice, showing your car and your lights. And your account has other videos showing you and your voice and your car. Idiot.

everyone has problems. as for me, i have always been attracted to emergency lights since i was very young, my family can vouch for that.
    No argument there.

however, i do need to focus on my future with the station rather than the lights. i let my inner child out every once in a while for some fresh air.
    Some things you should keep to yourself. You would look like less of an idiot.

so its just age huh? fair enough... glad that there isnt some serious mechanical issue.
    Yes. The only serious issues are in your head. The light is fine.

Leave a comment:

• chrismartin1701
    replied
    Originally posted by nmfire View Post
    You made youtube videos of you doing a lighting check of your car and you have another video of just the blue light. Suffice to say you have issues.

None the less, the light is working fine. It is old as dirt. I had that light 10 years ago on my old old truck. Had it mounted on a tool box behind the cab. They're loud. Because they're old.

Last edited by chrismartin1701; 10-20-2010, 08:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X