emergency light maintainence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrismartin1701 View Post
    everyone has problems. as for me, i have always been attracted to emergency lights since i was very young, my family can vouch for that. however, i do need to focus on my future with the station rather than the lights. i let my inner child out every once in a while for some fresh air.

Hey kid... every once in a while I have a kid come in that wants to be a firefighter just so he can run lights and siren. They don't get hired.

I hire the guys that come in because they want to change the world. Some would say that's a fantasy. Is it? If firefighters save a life or prevent a family from losing everything they own, I call that saving the world, at least someone's world.

I want the guys that want to learn everything they can, while never assuming they know it all.

I want the guys that want to be part of a great team, not someone that thinks they are superior to others.

You say you have been attracted to lights since you were very young. I suggest you grow up and put the attraction behind you. That damn light will not make you a firefighter or medic. It will not give you special powers or make people think you're a hero. It is just a tool and it is ineffective in the hands of someone that does not know how to use it.

If you truly want to be a firefighter, then grow up and act like one. Get the chip off your shoulder and show some respect for the guys that were blazing the trail for you.... just so you can run your little light.

In the meantime... quit worrying about how old the damn light is and the noise it makes. Worry about something that is important like how to be a firefighter.
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Comment

Nothing looks stupider than a bunch of buffoons in POV's roaring to the scene and then not having one poot of an idea what to do. Lights will get you there a little faster sometimes; you better be sure you're prepared to be the first one on the scene.
      “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
      ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

See the photo on the firehouse front page of this site and the POV with the BLUE light on its roof!!!!
        Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
          See the photo on the firehouse front page of this site and the POV with the BLUE light on its roof!!!!
          And this means what? Nothing. In fact the article even says they're investigating the possibility of a medical problem while driving. Frankly it looks like a rather minor crash. Most 52yr olds don't drive like a bat out of hell. Was he even using the light? Who knows and I don't think it matters in this case.
          Last edited by nmfire; 10-22-2010, 12:39 PM.
          Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X