emergency light maintainence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrismartin1701 View Post
    i have an old Whelen Responder 2 dual halogen rotator mini bar(link to video below) and it is unbelievably noisy. i can hear it when im inside my car when its on. any suggestions?
    How about you throw that thing in the trash, and go do your homework!
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

okay.. all i did was post a question as to fix this thing with some help and most everyone has been a dick to me about it. i dont have it equipped to my car, yet. i did get accepted and im supposed to get my permit after doing the basic training. this light was given to me by my dad who had a bunch of old lights from when he was an EMT and he happened to have that laying around.

i know the blue light laws, i know what i have to do to use it, i read all this stuff before i even signed the application.

for the record, asking for help to fix this light, even if i didnt get accepted, does NOT make me a whacker! i didnt affix a blue light to my car for the hell of it you know. why would i do that when i dont even have a permit yet. grow up...

if this is the way im gonna be treated here then most all of you are a shame to the fire fighting community and your department. i have never met a fire fighter that was this much of a dick before in my life until now.
      Last edited by chrismartin1701; 10-20-2010, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post
        How about you throw that thing in the trash, and go do your homework!
        how about you grow the hell up and shut your mouth. go play in traffic, you bore me.

Comment

how about you grow the hell up and shut your mouth. go play in traffic, you bore me.
          You made youtube videos of you doing a lighting check of your car and you have another video of just the blue light. Suffice to say you have issues.

None the less, the light is working fine. It is old as dirt. I had that light 10 years ago on my old old truck. Had it mounted on a tool box behind the cab. They're loud. Because they're old.
          Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

Originally posted by nmfire View Post
            You made youtube videos of you doing a lighting check of your car and you have another video of just the blue light. Suffice to say you have issues.

None the less, the light is working fine. It is old as dirt. I had that light 10 years ago on my old old truck. Had it mounted on a tool box behind the cab. They're loud. Because they're old.
            how do you know they're my videos?

everyone has problems. as for me, i have always been attracted to emergency lights since i was very young, my family can vouch for that. however, i do need to focus on my future with the station rather than the lights. i let my inner child out every once in a while for some fresh air.

so its just age huh? fair enough... glad that there isnt some serious mechanical issue.
            Last edited by chrismartin1701; 10-20-2010, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Well, primarily because you posed a link to your youtube account. They are your videos on your account with your voice, showing your car and your lights. And your account has other videos showing you and your voice and your car. Idiot.

everyone has problems. as for me, i have always been attracted to emergency lights since i was very young, my family can vouch for that.
              No argument there.

however, i do need to focus on my future with the station rather than the lights. i let my inner child out every once in a while for some fresh air.
              Some things you should keep to yourself. You would look like less of an idiot.

so its just age huh? fair enough... glad that there isnt some serious mechanical issue.
              Yes. The only serious issues are in your head. The light is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by nmfire View Post
                Some things you should keep to yourself. You would look like less of an idiot.
                After reading your post I checked, the Village is looking for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Acklan View Post
                  After reading your post I checked, the Village is looking for him.

Well, yeah but they won't find him...

I'm pretty sure Scotty has done 3eamed him up.

Pardon the 3... the key next to "v" and "n" crapped out thanks to a soda mishap in another topic.
                  HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Comment

And what's with the kids with attitudes? I've got one(attitude)but it's taken me over half a century to PERFECT it. T.C.

Comment

Not sure when you picked up the light but a strict interpretation of the law sited below says one light. That one has two. (The law was just recently revised to remove the candle power clause.)

4. Blue light. a. One blue light may be affixed to any motor vehicle owned by a volunteer member of a fire department or on a motor vehicle owned by a member of such person's family residing in the same household or by a business enterprise in which such person has a proprietary interest or by which he or she is employed, provided such volunteer firefighter has been authorized in writing to so affix a blue light by the chief of the fire department or company of which he or she is a member, which authorization shall be subject to revocation at any time by the chief who issued the same or his or her successor in office. Such blue light may be displayed exclusively by such volunteer firefighter on such a vehicle only when engaged in an emergency operation. The use of blue lights on vehicles shall be restricted for use only by a volunteer firefighter except as otherwise provided for in subparagraph b of this paragraph.

http://www.nysgtsc.state.ny.us/emer-vt.htm
                      Shawn M. Cecula
                      Firefighter
                      IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Comment

Let's see, you have been a member, this time maybe, for a total of 20 days and have manage in your first post to get these older guys wound up about a light to go on your POV.

You even posted a link to a YouTube site, which everyone believes that its your car with that light on top.

Others have posted the laws of the Empire State about using such lights. You still choose to ignore them!

So now you are calling some of these member names and insulting most of these grown up experience firefighters. Son, these guys have don't more to enhance the fire service than you could ever fathom or could do yourself.

Why not chill out, study hard in school, pass all the subjects and one day graduate and make your parents proud of you. I am sure if they read some of your posting, they would puke on their selves!
                        OUTSTANDING

Make It Happen

Never forget 9-11-2001
                        343 Brothers Who Were MURDERED!!

Comment

these guys hate lights and the people who use them, you can't change that.

Comment

Actually I don't. Up until I moved, I had them for over 10 years on my truck. There is a time and a place for them. That place isn't everywhere. This guy has no legal or practical use and is borderline impersonating a firefighter with it. And he's a lying loser. That, I do not like.

Comment

Originally posted by HAFD112 View Post
                              these guys hate lights and the people who use them, you can't change that.
                              I don't hate lights. The FD which I am employed has them on my staff car. Do I use them? Yes sometimes, but not all the time.

Would I have lights on my POV or did I when I was a volly in another dept years back? No I didn't as it didn't make a lot of sense to run them when the highway traffic is so thick around where I live and volly, that it was a no win thing.

I really don't care how many anyone bolts on their POV, as long as they are happy.

Comment

Originally posted by chrismartin1701

everyone has problems. as for me, i have always been attracted to emergency lights since i was very young, my family can vouch for that. however, i do need to focus on my future with the station rather than the lights. i let my inner child out every once in a while for some fresh air.

This is all I needed to see to prove he is a "whacker". Problem is, he may be on a VFD, to fulfill his "light" fantasies. May God help us all.

FM1
                                I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Originally posted by EastKyFF
                                "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X