emergency light maintainence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emergency light maintainence

i have an old Whelen Responder 2 dual halogen rotator mini bar(link to video below) and it is unbelievably noisy. i can hear it when im inside my car when its on. any suggestions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_IbkV6asQY

Its worn out.

Comment

Turn the stereo up.
      RK
      cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

Comment

Install a Magnaflow exhaust system and drive like you stole it....
        ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
        Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Originally posted by chrismartin1701 View Post
          i have an old Whelen Responder 2 dual halogen rotator mini bar(link to video below) and it is unbelievably noisy. i can hear it when im inside my car when its on. any suggestions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_IbkV6asQY
          Well you CAN get new (improved) pods(motor/reflectors) to put in it that will help a LOT. Outside of that,whelen has dropped the price on their new LED mini responder that makes NO noise. Decisions,Decisions. T.C.

Comment

Originally posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post
            Install a Magnaflow exhaust system and drive like you stole it....
            on a Hyundai Sonata??? i think not

Originally posted by Rescue101 View Post
            Well you CAN get new (improved) pods(motor/reflectors) to put in it that will help a LOT. Outside of that,whelen has dropped the price on their new LED mini responder that makes NO noise. Decisions,Decisions. T.C.
            yea i saw those. problem is even with their lower price i still cant afford it, but as for the motors im gonna need a link to know where to get them because i may go that direction.
            Last edited by chrismartin1701; 10-03-2010, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Replacing the gears and other moving parts may well cost you more than a new light. Go out and buy an LED bar. No moving parts at all...
              Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

Originally posted by tree68 View Post
                Replacing the gears and other moving parts may well cost you more than a new light. Go out and buy an LED bar. No moving parts at all...
                the LED lights are cool and energy saving, but i love the classics. that and i cant afford to buy an LED bar. i actually got this light for free and to be truthfully honest as long as it works then i can get past the sound. mainly what i wanted to know is if it was anything serious that could cause a problem later on.

Comment

http://www.whelen.com/home.php

1. Get prices from them for repair.

2. Compare to new LED pricing.

3. Order your LED bar.

Comment

FYI - From the New York State thread, he writes on his first post:

He is not a member of a fire department and he is talking about lights!

10-01-2010, 08:28 PM #31
                    chrismartin1701
                    Forum Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi all! im new obviously. im actually waiting to hear from the VFD if i have been accepted but i do have a question. when i do get accepted, when do i get my blue card and how long do i have to wait for it? also with the blue lights, am i allowed to have those blue lights with amber and/or white lights?

too bad wig-wag headlights are illegal in NY. my dad has a set from when he was an EMT back in 1986 that are just sitting in a box collecting dust.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnee View Post
                      FYI - From the New York State thread, he writes on his first post:

He is not a member of a fire department and he is talking about lights!
                      and theres a problem with that how???

Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
                      http://www.whelen.com/home.php

1. Get prices from them for repair.

2. Compare to new LED pricing.

3. Order your LED bar.
                      not for $322 im not. thats a bit much.....

Comment

Thanks Jonnee.....

I was about to send him a link for the parts he needs to quiet down his rotators. Guess I don't need to now.

FM1
                        I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Originally posted by EastKyFF
                        "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Comment

right... im not a volunteer, YET! but even so, i still want to fix this thing so if i dont get accepted then i can at least sell it.

Comment

on a Hyundai Sonata??? i think not

I agree, however I am not talking about the exhuast.
                            Career Firefighter
                            Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Originally posted by Rescue101
                            I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Comment

and theres a problem with that how???

not for $322 im not. thats a bit much.....

the problem is one questions why you are joining the Fire Department, someone
                              who is so worried about lights before they are even accepted are normally what we
                              call whackers. We also call them scary. There are other reasons for joining a VFD
                              than playing with blue lights.

322? Wait until you see the price for replacment rotator assemblies!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X