The 8/28-29 demonstrations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 8/28-29 demonstrations

This will be historic. I even loaded seven of my own chapter on the buses yesterday. Predictions are that this will be the largest demonstration in the history of the USA.

Now last years 912 event was equal in size to Obama's inauguration, only there were no arrests of the demonstrators and they left no trash behind. Unlike the inauguration. Tells a lot. The 'O' was conveniently out of town for that event. This time the media will be forced to face this demonstration. There are not supposed to be signs on Saturday, but Sunday there will be plenty of signs in with the crowd. The Tea Party demonstrators have been well trained to expose the moles and flamers being sent out by ACORN, SEIU and other liberal organizations.

You can watch it live on facebook and Fox News.

Conceding the loss of the House this November will be nothing compared to 2012 elections.

Eh. Glenn Beck is a demagoguing hack. The sane will stay home.

Seriously? Church and state were never meant to remain separate? Please.

Comment

Also:

http://mediamatters.org/research/200909140047

The original protest was something a flop. What makes you think this one will top the multiple millions that have marched before?

Comment

Originally posted by jam24u View Post
        This will be historic. I even loaded seven of my own chapter on the buses yesterday. Predictions are that this will be the largest demonstration in the history of the USA.

Now last years 912 event was equal in size to Obama's inauguration, only there were no arrests of the demonstrators and they left no trash behind. Unlike the inauguration. Tells a lot. The 'O' was conveniently out of town for that event. This time the media will be forced to face this demonstration. There are not supposed to be signs on Saturday, but Sunday there will be plenty of signs in with the crowd. The Tea Party demonstrators have been well trained to expose the moles and flamers being sent out by ACORN, SEIU and other liberal organizations.

You can watch it live on facebook and Fox News.

Conceding the loss of the House this November will be nothing compared to 2012 elections.
        Funny stuff. The 9/12 demontrations were dwarfed by the anti-war demonstrations. That president didn't care, why should this one care about people who probably didn't vote for him?

That's the one poll no one has taken. How many of the tea baggers voted for Obama? I'm betting so few that it doesn't matter.

It'll make for good TV. Except Faux Nooz will cover it as though nothing else happened that day.
        They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

Sure... it will be a non-event to many.

It is merely an point of view and where you are at a given moment.

Given the fact that this issue has garnered remarks, it has not gone un-noticed, so does that make it an event that some are paying attention to?

A paradox?

The real "event" will soon be upon us.
          HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Comment

All that is going on across the river and I am in the mountains this weekend!

I didn't have the duty this weekend so hoping our guys don't have to send ems to help out the brothers there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnee View Post
              All that is going on across the river and I am in the mountains this weekend!

I didn't have the duty this weekend so hoping our guys don't have to send ems to help out the brothers there.
              Tell them to take their time going to the event. Looks like there is plenty of room. No need to rush for fear of not finding a place to stand.
              They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

Yeah, right; good one!
                Member IACOJ

Comment

It turns out that there was a very large turn out @ 900,000 plus.
                  Stay Safe
                  Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
                  - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
                  -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Comment

Originally posted by BULL321 View Post
                    It turns out that there was a very large turn out @ 900,000 plus.
                    Even funnier!
                    Member IACOJ

Comment

Originally posted by ThNozzleman View Post
                      Even funnier!
                      What's that? The fact alot of folks showed up, or the fact that some of the news outlets out right lied and down played the whole thing? I just wished the news would just report the news. Nothing else, nothing more. That goes for all of them, from Fox to MSNBC.
                      Stay Safe
                      Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
                      - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
                      -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Comment

Originally posted by BULL321 View Post
                        What's that? The fact alot of folks showed up, or the fact that some of the news outlets out right lied and down played the whole thing? I just wished the news would just report the news. Nothing else, nothing more. That goes for all of them, from Fox to MSNBC.
                        Fox News, which probably has the least reason to downplay the turnout, puts the attendance at between 300,000 and 500,000. Which is quite a bit less than the 900,000+ you put out there.
                        "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I gotta tell ya, I was not very happy with what Beck did with his Restoring Honor event this last Saturday.

I knew that Beck had a strong faith, but no more than myself.

When I watched his Fox show on Friday, I began to be concerned about what might happen on Saturday.

My fears were confirmed. I had seven of my chapter members attending that event and they were all overwhelmed by the experience.

However how it appeared to me was that Beck was bordering on being self righteous. The religious theme seemed a little over the top. I understand the event was to be non political, contrary to the next days event and the huge one coming on 9/12, but he appeared to be carrying this self righteous shield and cross in front of him. so that it looked like he wanted our government to base its policies on religious dogmas. Where our country is also based on a separation of that. I would say a majority of the nation wants Judeo Christian values on a personal level and are afraid to become a nation like Iran did in 1980 with the return of the Ayatollah.

Then his interview with Chris Wallace on Sunday continued only this time he seemed to be struggling even more to explain his theme reasons.

Now yesterday he was much more articulate, but I truly think he may have damaged his credibility with his overwhelmingly religious theme. He was so close Saturday and as O'Reilly said, probably no one individual in the country could have gathered a half million attendees.

He got his half million attendees, but may have lost a lot more...

To me it was bordering a waste, but I could still be wrong.

Comment

However how it appeared to me was that Beck was bordering on being self righteous.
                            It took you how long to figure that out?
                            "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by scfire86 View Post
                              Funny stuff. The 9/12 demontrations were dwarfed by the anti-war demonstrations. That president didn't care, why should this one care about people who probably didn't vote for him?

That's the one poll no one has taken. How many of the tea baggers voted for Obama? I'm betting so few that it doesn't matter.

It'll make for good TV. Except Faux Nooz will cover it as though nothing else happened that day.
                              I thought Fox would too, but we were both wrong. Fox barely covered it at all. CNN gave it more exposure than FOX. CSPAN was the best coverage besides the life internet.

Many of what I was expecting and hoping for did not happen. All the attendees were in awe of the event. Those from my chapter felt it bordered a evangelistic revival. The Tea Party holds to three core values and not with religion on the scale that Beck portrayed.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X