Chilean Miners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChiefKN View Post
    Well, I would hope they can run a small tv and cable down there also. After all, football season starts soon.
    Nah,down that way,it's almost Springtime,if you remember.Christmas at 90 degrees isn't the same as having snow on the ground but I am sure the miners and their relatives will get one BIG Christmas present when the excavation teams reach them.

Comment

Good news for the miners. They are being pulled out as I type. One is already above ground.

Good job to all those involved for getting this done MUCH quicker than anybody anticipated.

Welcome to the surface miners.

FM1
      I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Originally posted by EastKyFF
      "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Comment

They're bringing them up. Wow, just wow! I'm glued to the TV watching this. Amazing rescue! Amazing spirit and perserverance of those guys being down there so long!

They've brought up 15 so far, as I type, and the 4th rescuer is on the way down. Godspeed.
        All Pit Bulls are not bad dogs. All bad dogs are not Pit Bulls.

Resist ignorance. Educate - Inspire.
        www.badrap.org

Comment

I'm glad that they are being taken out of the mine even as we speak even earlier than anticipated.That's got to be one big relief to them
          The only problem that I can see with the operation going so smoothly is "next time" there's a mine collapse,reporters will be demanding to know why that incident isn't going as easily.
          Some folks can't understand that each call is different,even if they all involve the same thing that got people to running out while others run into the situation to fix it.

Comment

On one of the news shows they were saying that conditions, while still bad, weren't nearly as bad as people picture. I pictured them hunched into a single room when they were really trapped in a set of caverns of a decent size. They had seperate bathroom areas and one guy was able to run 6-miles a day. I'm sure that had a lot to do with them coming out of this relatively healthy.
            So you call this your free country
            Tell me why it costs so much to live
            -3dd

Comment

Just watched #21 (I think) come up....live feed on ABC News Plus of the rescue including footage from inside the mine....

http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/22309266

Comment

Originally posted by pasobuff View Post
                Just watched #21 (I think) come up....live feed on ABC News Plus of the rescue including footage from inside the mine....

http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/22309266

I am watching at this today as well in between other things I have to do.

Interesting note on Miner No. 21. His wife decided not to be there. His girlfriend was instead.

This all came to life about a month ago when the news heads was going interviews.

I know the guy is glad to be out of the ground, but I would guess that he has a lot on his mind too about what is going to happen now!
                Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Amazing! I've been glued to the coverage of this all day and I cry again everytime they bring one up.

www.badrap.org

Comment

30 up! Three to go and 4 rescuers.

www.badrap.org

Comment

# 31 on the way up !!!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptOldTimer View Post

Interesting note on Miner No. 21. His wife decided not to be there. His girlfriend was instead.

I know the guy is glad to be out of the ground, but I would guess that he has a lot on his mind too about what is going to happen now!
                        I wonder if he's thinking it's safer in the mine?..

Comment

Originally posted by len1582 View Post
                          I wonder if he's thinking it's safer in the mine?..
                          I was watching earlier today when they brought him up. He looked like he might have been considering signing up for another 2 month tour.

www.badrap.org

Comment

33 up. Now to bring the rescue crew home and DONE!

www.badrap.org

Comment

Kudo's to all involved in getting them to the surface safe and sound, so quickly.

I'm very happy this happened a-lot sooner than expected. The crews kicked some serious ***** for this to happen.

Welcome home miners.

FM1
                              I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Originally posted by EastKyFF
                              "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Comment

Yeah, this whole thing (hole thing?) was very impressive. It seems nothing was left to chance. These rescuers thought of EVERYthing.

To celebrate, I think I'll go to Wendy's for their chili
                                “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
                                ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X