X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama's "Un-said" Hiroshima Apology

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...599873634.html

Excerpt from the article:

For the first time since the United States dropped the atomic bomb on Japan 65 years ago, today the U.S. ambassador to Japan will attend the official commemoration ceremony at the Hiroshima Peace Memorial. The U.S. ambassador has always declined the annual invitation, but this year is different. President Barack Obama decided to acknowledge the event with the presence of a high-level dignitary. As State Department spokesman Philip Crowley explained, Ambassador John Roos will be there "to express respect for all the victims of World War II."

Gene Tibbets—the son of Brig. Gen. Paul W. Tibbets Jr., the pilot who dropped the bomb on Hiroshima—called the Obama administration's decision "an unsaid apology." Whether or not that's the case, by saying "all the victims" Mr. Crowley raises the specter of moral equivalence, a problem that's grown worse over the years when it comes to judging right and wrong during World War II and throughout history.
    Seems harmless, unless you understand the history of World War II and Japan's role in it. Then it should make you mad.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Don't forget, in Obama's eyes, America is the enemy. Just more of his reverend's teachings coming out in his actions.

Comment

They were given an option with the Potsdam Proclamation, and ignored it.

They got what they had coming.

No apologies from me. EVER!!!!

FM1
      I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Originally posted by EastKyFF
      "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Comment

This is fits right in.....

The Enola Gay is now rebuilt and restored to flying condition, and passed all flight requirements and tests.

It is now on tour to select cities. One of which, is Omaha/Bellevue Nebraska, where Colonel Tibbets picked it out on the assembly line, and named it after his mother.

It will come home to its birth place, and be at the 2010 Offutt AFB Air Show on Aug. 28-29th.

After the tour, it will be put on display at the NASM.

FM1

"Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Comment

Originally posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
          This is fits right in.....

The Enola Gay is now rebuilt and restored to flying condition, and passed all flight requirements and tests.

It is now on tour to select cities. One of which, is Omaha/Bellevue Nebraska, where Colonel Tibbets picked it out on the assembly line, and named it after his mother.

It will come home to its birth place, and be at the 2010 Offutt AFB Air Show on Aug. 28-29th.

After the tour, it will be put on display at the NASM.

FM1
          Actually it was Fifi that flew yesterday. The Enola Gay is in a musuem and non flying.

Comment

Call me a bleeding heart, but I firmly believe that civilians who died that day are victims. They are not victims of an attack by the United States, don't get me wrong there. They are victims of their leaders refusal to surender, and their push to keep this war going at all costs.

This war could have ended sooner, without the loss of that many extra lives. But the Japanese military kept pushing, and the people of Japan paid the price.
            "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Despite the number that perished by the bombs, it was still less than could have been killed if the Allies were forced to land ground troops on Japan. The Japanese leadership was prepared to fight to the end.

I'm just glad that Truman had the backbone to go through with it.
              HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Comment

Originally posted by MarcusKspn View Post
                Call me a bleeding heart, but I firmly believe that civilians who died that day are victims. They are not victims of an attack by the United States, don't get me wrong there. They are victims of their leaders refusal to surender, and their push to keep this war going at all costs.

This war could have ended sooner, without the loss of that many extra lives. But the Japanese military kept pushing, and the people of Japan paid the price.
                I don't completely disagree.

But let's not forget the tens of millions of other asians who were also brutalized and killed at the hands of the japanese (not just the leaders).
                I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefKN View Post
                  But let's not forget the tens of millions of other asians who were also brutalized and killed at the hands of the japanese (not just the leaders).
                  And the thousands of British and US troops brutalized in Singapore, Corregidor and the Bataan Death March. And the thousands more that died in POW camps at the hands of the Japanese. It's hard to be sympathetic when they started the mess. And while the Japanese civilians were devastated by the bombing campaigns they pretty much supported the Military government to the end.

My father was a Navy CB in the South Pacific and my son's godfather was a Marine wounded on Iwo Jima.

We have nothing to apologize for!

Comment

This is Obama's MO though, and has been. He has never believed in America. He was raised to believe America is the evil empire, bringing death and destruction to the world. And now that he is president (yes lower case!), he believes it is his mission to go around the world apologizing for America's tyranny. Michelle even admitted while campaigning, after living in the US her entire life, that she is just NOW proud to be American.

Even though he probably is a natural born citizen, he is no American.

Comment

Originally posted by mcwops
                      Actually it was Fifi that flew yesterday. The Enola Gay is in a musuem and non flying.
                      Maybe you should check this out... http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?c...4-beaa4b5e3964

FM1

Belated Poisson d'Avril

Comment

Maybe you should check this out... http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?c...4-beaa4b5e3964

FM1

Belated Poisson d'Avril
                        I stand corrected, although Fifi did fly this week for the first time since she went in for a massive overhaul. I was not aware of this tour with the Enola Gay.

Comment

They got what they had coming.

No apologies from me. EVER!!!!FM1
                          Absolutely.

Originally posted by PaladinKnight View Post
                          I'm just glad that Truman had the backbone to go through with it.
                          I couldn't agree more my brother.

Originally posted by donethat View Post
                          We have nothing to apologize for!
                          The atomic bombs were dropped during a declared war that we didn't start...Unlike the attack on Pearl Harbor that was unprovoked and NOT during war.

Comment

Originally posted by MarcusKspn View Post

I agree. No where in the statement does Obama express regret over bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

I'm not surprised those who have blind hatred for Obama are trying to see something that isn't there.
                            They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by mcwops View Post
                              This is Obama's MO though, and has been. He has never believed in America. He was raised to believe America is the evil empire, bringing death and destruction to the world. And now that he is president (yes lower case!), he believes it is his mission to go around the world apologizing for America's tyranny. Michelle even admitted while campaigning, after living in the US her entire life, that she is just NOW proud to be American.

Even though he probably is a natural born citizen, he is no American.
                              Nice....more rantings that lack any basis in any fact.
                              They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X