Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You Think Firehouse Coffee Tastes Like Crap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PaladinKnight
    replied
    It builds backbone...

Leave a comment:

• doughesson
    replied
    Originally posted by firecat1 View Post
    BLECH! Sounds like a ruined cuppa to me. No cream, no sugar and it better be barking.
    Like I said,I don't drink the stuff unless it is VERY cold outside.Then I gotta have enough sugar to leave grains at the bottom of the cup before I can enjoy it.Either that or sweeten it with honey.
    Like I said,Elixir of Life.

Leave a comment:

• FIREMECH1
    replied
    My job was to make sure the ammo budget was raised daily. :

FM1

Leave a comment:

• doughesson
    replied
    Originally posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
    If, by chance a spoon hits my coffee, it better be missing the portion that touched it. I want it thick and black, and strong enough to keep me up and going for days, on a security detail on a carrier.

The squid juice didn't quite cut it. So we made our own.

FM1
    Must have been made by a Marine trying the Navy recipe.
    Shoot straight.You're not being paid to bring ammo home.

Leave a comment:

• FIREMECH1
    replied
    If, by chance a spoon hits my coffee, it better be missing the portion that touched it. I want it thick and black, and strong enough to keep me up and going for days, on a security detail on a carrier.

The squid juice didn't quite cut it. So we made our own.

FM1

Leave a comment:

• ChiefKN
    replied
    Yea, there's also Dachshund donuts too... perfect combo!

Leave a comment:

• PaladinKnight
    replied
    Originally posted by islandfire03 View Post
    Navy coffee would hold a spoon upright in the mug without assistance
    That's so it can hold you up after you drink it....

*** without assistance of course.

Oh well, so much for that plan...

Leave a comment:

• islandfire03
    replied
    I can see it now::: Hey bubba :::: lets pick through this cat c#ap and roast up those green berries. Some fools will pay big money for anything.

Coffee is meant to come from the mountains of South America and be roasted well,& made with cold water and served BLACK.
    Navy coffee would hold a spoon upright in the mug without assistance

Leave a comment:

• PaladinKnight
    replied
    How stimulating....

Leave a comment:

• firecat1
    replied
    Originally posted by doughesson View Post
    Half a cup of sugar and some milk and you are talking about The Elixir of Life for sure.
    BLECH! Sounds like a ruined cuppa to me. No cream, no sugar and it better be barking.

Leave a comment:

• doughesson
    replied
    I've heard a bunch of prisoners have been demanding this "breed" of coffee,even though it's among the most expensive flavors of coffee in the world.
    And they are getting it,too!
    In the Navy,coffee better be made right and right frakkin' now or there will be riots.
    One time,when my destroyer was in the yards in Norfolk Va,I was assigned to fire watch some welders underneath the ship while we were drydocked.
    At the shipyard workers' scheduled union break,all us Navy guys trooped up to the messdeck on the ship(we still had galley services onboard and not on the barracks barge) where we learned that the coffee urns had just run out without the messcooks(E-3 and below personnel assigned from their divisions to the messdecks as a rite of passage) knowing about it.
    Major problem here.
    It was a cold and windy November day in Norfolk with the wind funneling down the drydock and dammit,we wanted coffee,even me and I don't drink the stuff unless it is really cold.
    As soon as the "messcrank" started the brewing cycle,there were mugs underneath the spigot taking the java straight "off the evaps" as the saying goes for water fresh from the evaporators.
    Half a cup of sugar and some milk and you are talking about The Elixir of Life for sure.
    Last edited by doughesson; 07-30-2010, 01:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Blulakr
    replied
    You need to watch a movie called 'The Bucket List' with Jack Nicholsen and Morgan Freeman. Nicholsen's character drinks the stuff throughout the movie and boasts about it's greatness. Freeman's character has a good laugh explaining to Nicholsen what it really is that he's been drinking.

The coffee is also known as Kopi Luwak

Leave a comment:

• Leeland
    replied
    Not for all the tea in China would I drink that stuff.

Leave a comment:

• voyager9
    replied
    Coffee so nice I'll drink it twice..

Leave a comment:

• PaladinKnight
    replied
    Sounds like a 1000 pounds of crap to me...

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X