Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class A uniforms to non firefighter weddings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chiefrude1 View Post
    my guys all purchased their own class A's as well....but as long as it has my (fire department) patch and my badge on it they already assume i have the authority to tell them where and when to wear them. ive never had an issue and wouldnt imagine i ever should....common sense should go a long way when wearing a uniform.
    They have to buy their own Class "A's" uniform? Are you serious?

Say it isn't so!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefKN View Post
      Wow, guess all the other issues in Oregon were resolved, so they switched to the pressing issue of uniform design.
      thanks now I have to clean all the pepsi off my screen!!! too funny.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptOldTimer View Post

Say it isn't so!
        It's a long story, but what happened is we had a line of duty death. We didn't have Class A's at the time and everyone was disappointed we couldn't look as sharp as we wanted at the funeral. That caused a big movement from within the union to get everyone outfitted. The city refused to foot the bill and the chief didn't have the money in the budget during the last half of the year to buy them for us. So the guys banded together and everyone went out and bought their own Class A for around $400 each. The city agreed that they'd buy Class A's for any new firefighters. It was a weird situation because by the time I left about half the department had uniforms they had bought and the other half had uniforms bought by the city. The guys who bought their own were basically untouchable as far as being told where and when they could wear them, but everyone really did use common sense. The only use that I always thought was questionable was the chief allowed everyone (at least the ones he could dictate to) to wear their Class A's to the annual fireman's ball, where alcohol was definitely flowing. I always thought it was tacky and a major bomb waiting to go off. They didn't even change it after one of our guys got into a street brawl in his Class A.

Comment

Originally posted by roykirk1989 View Post
          It's a long story, but what happened is we had a line of duty death. We didn't have Class A's at the time and everyone was disappointed we couldn't look as sharp as we wanted at the funeral. That caused a big movement from within the union to get everyone outfitted. The city refused to foot the bill and the chief didn't have the money in the budget during the last half of the year to buy them for us. So the guys banded together and everyone went out and bought their own Class A for around $400 each. The city agreed that they'd buy Class A's for any new firefighters. It was a weird situation because by the time I left about half the department had uniforms they had bought and the other half had uniforms bought by the city. The guys who bought their own were basically untouchable as far as being told where and when they could wear them, but everyone really did use common sense. The only use that I always thought was questionable was the chief allowed everyone (at least the ones he could dictate to) to wear their Class A's to the annual fireman's ball, where alcohol was definitely flowing. I always thought it was tacky and a major bomb waiting to go off. They didn't even change it after one of our guys got into a street brawl in his Class A.

Oh wowser.

Wearing a uniform to the ball where they are serving any adult beverages is a bad thing to allow. Plus engaging in a fight as well!

As a Chief to a Chief, set up to the plate man and put a stop to this. Write an directive on how and when the uniform shall be worn. Give everyone a copy and have them sign off on a master copy which you keep, with copies in several other locations.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnee View Post
            Oh wowser.

Wearing a uniform to the ball where they are serving any adult beverages is a bad thing to allow. Plus engaging in a fight as well!

As a Chief to a Chief, set up to the plate man and put a stop to this. Write an directive on how and when the uniform shall be worn. Give everyone a copy and have them sign off on a master copy which you keep, with copies in several other locations.
            This was my old department where I was just a company officer. I'm a chief now, but on the other side of the country from this department. I doubt my old boss would listen to me much since he's still upset that I left.

Comment

Class A - Remember All Eyes Are on You

Times have changed. Firefighters out for a good time wearing badges, patches or whatever need to realize that they are under the microscope by the taxpayer. Propaganda coming from all directions has made todays FF out to be the villain because of their attractive wages and health benefits.

If you are attending a closed party, what happens at the party stays at the party. If you are out in the public eye in any type of uniform, don't do anything that might end up in print on the front page of tomorrows paper.

We all have to protect the benefits that we have worked so hard to get.

I am a proud career FF who began his career partying with the Fire Chief. That was a different era. Our Fire Chief today is a Christian(not saying that is a bad thing). Times change. Do what you can to protect what we have.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptOldTimer View Post

Say it isn't so!
                After getting promoted all new officers by me have to buy their own.

Comment

Wearing class A's to anything other an a FD function is whacker city.
                  ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                  Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Originally posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post
                    Wearing class A's to anything other an a FD function is whacker city.
                    Oops....
                    Career Fire Captain
                    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X