Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class A uniforms to non firefighter weddings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as none of those cousins were marrying, then I'm okay with it.

EDIT: Especially if they were first cousins...
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

Listen, as probably every man that has been married learned really quick....

The only thing that matters is what the BRIDE TO BE WANTS.

The wedding is for her and that is the way it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by BSFD9302 View Post
        The wedding is for her and that is the way it should be.
        The wedding is for the couple and the couple alone; not just for the bride.
        "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"
        sigpic
        The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Comment

Royal Blue Sleeve Stripes

Anyone out there know of any FD that uses Royal Blue Stripes on the sleeve cuff of their Class A Uniform. According to some out there, supposed to be a standard for FF.

Comment

It might be a regional thing, but at my old (all career) department it was considered tradition to wear Class A's to a *firefighter* wedding. I remember some weddings where all the groomsmen as well as the groom were wearing Class A's. It looked pretty darned sharp. I also wore mine to my wedding. But, the kicker in my old department was that we had all bought our own Class A's, so the department and/or chief didn't have any authority over telling us where it could be worn.

Comment

Originally posted by TRK105 View Post
              Anyone out there know of any FD that uses Royal Blue Stripes on the sleeve cuff of their Class A Uniform. According to some out there, supposed to be a standard for FF.
              Why are you asking this all over this forum?

Is this really such a BURNING question?? Who gives a flying ...?
              I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

In response to ChiefKN

I contacted the moderator for the forums looking for the correct forum to ask this question.
                There are some proposed changes to our Class A uniform policy by a new Fire Chief and Deputy Fire Chief. They are both saying that Royal Blue stripes on the sleeve cuffs are a national standard for the FF Rank. They are currently wearing Black stripes. Was simply trying to find out if anyone is using Royal Blue. I have been around awhile and have never seen anyone wearing Royal Blue in my travels.

Comment

This has been addressed in other fourms!
                  Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Just so you've got an answer here, I don't think there's a national standard for Class A uniforms. All the depts in my area have plain sleeves until they become an officer.

Comment

Who would even set standards on uniforms?

Good lord, we can't get anyone to set standards on hose threads, etc!

Comment

They are both saying that Royal Blue stripes on the sleeve cuffs are a national standard for the FF Rank.
                        Has anyone other than these two esteemed gentlemen ever heard of such a "national standard?"
                        "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"
                        sigpic
                        The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Comment

Last Post Regarding Class A

As it turns out, the Oregon State Fire Chiefs Association has a standard for Class A uniforms. It includes Royal Blue stripes on the sleeve cuffs for FF Rank. Thanks for the input.

The following link is a picture of what they look like. Enough said.

http://catalog.lighthouseuniform.com/landing/?id=9

Comment

Originally posted by roykirk1989 View Post
                            It might be a regional thing, but at my old (all career) department it was considered tradition to wear Class A's to a *firefighter* wedding. I remember some weddings where all the groomsmen as well as the groom were wearing Class A's. It looked pretty darned sharp. I also wore mine to my wedding. But, the kicker in my old department was that we had all bought our own Class A's, so the department and/or chief didn't have any authority over telling us where it could be worn.
                            my guys all purchased their own class A's as well....but as long as it has my (fire department) patch and my badge on it they already assume i have the authority to tell them where and when to wear them. ive never had an issue and wouldnt imagine i ever should....common sense should go a long way when wearing a uniform.

Comment

As it turns out, the Oregon State Fire Chiefs Association has a standard for Class A uniforms. It includes Royal Blue stripes on the sleeve cuffs for FF Rank. Thanks for the input.

The following link is a picture of what they look like. Enough said.

http://catalog.lighthouseuniform.com/landing/?id=9
                              Wow, guess all the other issues in Oregon were resolved, so they switched to the pressing issue of uniform design.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefKN View Post
                                Who would even set standards on uniforms? .....
                                I'm sure there's a "troll" or two who lurks here that would.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X