Oil is stopped!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Exactly!!! The government response on this has been to point fingers and obstruct progress. Every available resource should have been brought in on day two to stop the leak and to contain the spill.
    We should have used BP's up-do-date emergency response plan, and they clearly knew what they were doing when they were fighting against Canada's consideration of requiring relief-wells to be drilled at the same time as the main well because "that's a waste of time, not needed, there is nothing our blowout preventer couldn't handle."

The only consistent thing out of you is that the Government should have 0% say when it comes to regulating anybody, and 100% of the responsibility once things get screwed up.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by MarcusKspn View Post
      The only consistent thing out of you is that the Government should have 0% say when it comes to regulating anybody, and 100% of the responsibility once things get screwed up.
      Actually, in order for him to be consistent.... Government should only be responsible if a democrat is in office.
      I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

Originally posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
        Honestly, I am with you. I really do hope this works out as planned.

F**k the finger pointing, lets get this closed off, and under control.

FM1
        Correct, fix the problem first with all the resources we can get our hands on. Do the blame game later.

Comment

[QUOTE=ScareCrow57;1188520]Have you ever tried to plug the end of a hose while the water is coming out? Not an easy task.

YES, Have you???

Many times when a driver turned water into the line before we got the wye connected! We just got faster doing our job and ended up having it connected and on the street before the water arrived.
          Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

[QUOTE=CaptOldTimer;1189138]
            Originally posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
            Have you ever tried to plug the end of a hose while the water is coming out? Not an easy task.

YES, Have you???

Many times when a driver turned water into the line before we got the wye connected! We just got faster doing our job and ended up having it connected and on the street before the water arrived.
            I see, so they should have drilled faster so as to be in place before the pressure arrived.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X