X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BULL321
    replied
    Originally posted by SPFDRum View Post
    Yes, fire the career bum that washed his car, with permission, in the fire house!!! Off with his head!!!!!
    But hey, alcohol is fine in our wacker station, it builds comradeship, moral, team work. How dare you judge us!!
    Yeah, give me a break.
    No matter how hard you try you just can't fix stupid! But be careful, if you make him mad while he is "tanked" at the station, he'll hit you with his crowbar.

Leave a comment:

• SPFDRum
    replied
    Yes, fire the career bum that washed his car, with permission, in the fire house!!! Off with his head!!!!!
    But hey, alcohol is fine in our wacker station, it builds comradeship, moral, team work. How dare you judge us!!
    Yeah, give me a break.

Leave a comment:

• ChiefKN
    replied
    Originally posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Very similar in fact. It is about public Relations, Public Perception, and Ethical Behavior.
    You'll argue over just about anything, won't you.

Leave a comment:

• ScareCrow57
    replied
    Originally posted by ChiefKN View Post
    I thought that it was pretty far afield... washing cars in a career firehouse to having beer in a volunteer house.

Ya, no relation there.
    Very similar in fact. It is about public Relations, Public Perception, and Ethical Behavior.

Leave a comment:

• ChiefKN
    replied
    Originally posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    This may be correct but if you read the whole thread it was drifting far into left field and getting into a debating match.
    I thought that it was pretty far afield... washing cars in a career firehouse to having beer in a volunteer house.

Ya, no relation there.

Leave a comment:

• ScareCrow57
    replied
    It appears the WT doesn't think a discussion of Ethics in the fire service is warranted. .

My guess is that someone got up on the wrong side of bed and it is MONDAY!!!!!. Note to WT, just like most occupation, you do your worst work on Mondays and Fridays.

Leave a comment:

• CaptOldTimer
    replied
    Originally posted by DeputyMarshal View Post
    Unfortunately, I think this one was overmoderated. While technically wandering from the letter of the original topic, it was still on-track with the underlying spirit: Public perception of the fire service and what we do within the firehouse when we're not doing explicitly firefighting activities.
    This may be correct but if you read the whole thread it was drifting far into left field and getting into a debating match.

The FH Manager made the call, we have to abide by that.

I still say NO adults beverages in the fire house or its property.

Leave a comment:

• DeputyMarshal
    replied
    Originally posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Didn't you read the reason. It got off topic, Plus it wasn't going anywhere but down.
    Unfortunately, I think this one was overmoderated. While technically wandering from the letter of the original topic, it was still on-track with the underlying spirit: Public perception of the fire service and what we do within the firehouse when we're not doing explicitly firefighting activities.

Leave a comment:

• CaptOldTimer
    replied
    Originally posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Webteam ...

Why was the "Boston" thread closed.

Discussing alcohol in the firehouse is a valid topic with differing points of view. Unlike some, there are those who feel that it still has a place under controls and limits, and does not pose the dangers that some seem to think it does.

It is a valid discussion.

Didn't you read the reason. It got off topic, Plus it wasn't going anywhere but down.

"All,

This thread has gone off-topic from the original topic and therefore is being closed.

Firehouse Web Manager"

Leave a comment:

• LaFireEducator
    started a topic Why was the "Boston" thread closed?

Why was the "Boston" thread closed?

Webteam ...

Why was the "Boston" thread closed.

Discussing alcohol in the firehouse is a valid topic with differing points of view. Unlike some, there are those who feel that it still has a place under controls and limits, and does not pose the dangers that some seem to think it does.

It is a valid discussion.

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X