Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Pelosi blames Bush administration for BP oil spill.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pelosi blames Bush administration for BP oil spill.

By: Joel S. Gehrke Jr.
    Special to the Examiner
    05/29/10 7:38 AM EDT
    Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., blamed the Bush administration for any lack of oversight leading up to the Gulf oil spill. The Obama administration, on the other hand, is blameless.
    From Talk Radio News Service:
    “Many of the people appointed in the Bush administration are still burrowed in the agencies that are supposed to oversee the [oil] industry,” Pelosi said when asked if Democrats could have prevented or mitigated the crisis by keeping a closer watch on the industry.
    Added the Speaker, “the cozy relationships between the Bush administration’s agency leadership and the industry is clear…I’ve heard no complaints from my members about the way the president has handled it,” Pelosi stated.
    On Friday, the Washington Examiner requested that Speaker Pelosi’s office release the list of Bush appointees to whom she was referring. We’ll let you know when we hear back.

These peoples are absolutely incredible. Add this To Dodd blaming bush on Imusus show...
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Originally posted by SPFDRum View Post
    By: Joel S. Gehrke Jr.
    Special to the Examiner
    05/29/10 7:38 AM EDT
    Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., blamed the Bush administration for any lack of oversight leading up to the Gulf oil spill. The Obama administration, on the other hand, is blameless.
    From Talk Radio News Service:
    “Many of the people appointed in the Bush administration are still burrowed in the agencies that are supposed to oversee the [oil] industry,” Pelosi said when asked if Democrats could have prevented or mitigated the crisis by keeping a closer watch on the industry.
    Added the Speaker, “the cozy relationships between the Bush administration’s agency leadership and the industry is clear…I’ve heard no complaints from my members about the way the president has handled it,” Pelosi stated.
    On Friday, the Washington Examiner requested that Speaker Pelosi’s office release the list of Bush appointees to whom she was referring. We’ll let you know when we hear back.

These peoples are absolutely incredible. Add this To Dodd blaming bush on Imusus show...

What did you expect? Let Bush off and out of everything. Someone will end up saying he had some to do with World War 2 before it over with. Democrats will blame anyone for everything but can't take the blame when it's in their front yard!

She probably don't have a clue where the leak is located.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
      What did you expect? Let Bush off and out of everything. Someone will end up saying he had some to do with World War 2 before it over with. Democrats will blame anyone for everything but can't take the blame when it's in their front yard!

She probably don't have a clue where the leak is located.
      CaptOT is right. However the Big O is not going to be able to shake off the way he responded to the spill. No matter how he tries to spin it.

And as far as Pelosi is concerned. Nobody and I mean Nobody believes anything she says anymore. She is a certifiable 'LOON.'

Comment

Just like he was responsible for Katrina...
        Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

Originally posted by nmfire View Post
          Just like he was responsible for Katrina...
          The BP oil spill has been called Obama's Katrina by the conservative media.

A very curious comparison given how conservatives praised Bush's handling of Katrina.
          They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by scfire86 View Post
            The BP oil spill has been called Obama's Katrina by the conservative media.

A very curious comparison given how conservatives praised Bush's handling of Katrina.
            What's your point? It shouldn't be surprising that liberals can dish it out but can't take it. Boo hoo.

Comment

Originally posted by marcoviy
              To find out more, just visit ACME People Search Guide
              Post reported
              September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
              IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
              Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

What's your point? It shouldn't be surprising that liberals can dish it out but can't take it. Boo hoo.
                I see it just the opposite.

I see they're taking just fine. Just giving back what they took for eight years.

The first Bush recession? Clinton's fault. The 9/11 attacks? Definitely Clinton's fault. (Remember The Path to 9/11?) Indeed, they even tried to blame the 2008 Bush recession on Bill Clinton. They never gave up.

And of course, before Barack Obama was even sworn into office, they began calling the last Bush recession "the Obama recession"

Now here's the real fun part. Conservatives bellyache that there is too much government interference and that business should be left to its own means.

The spill in the Gulf is a prime example of what happens when private business is allowed to monitor itself.
                They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by marcoviy
                  To find out more, just visit ACME People Search Guide
                  Post reported.

Comment

Originally posted by scfire86 View Post
                    The spill in the Gulf is a prime example of what happens when private business is allowed to monitor itself.
                    Yeah, the soviet union was much more successful. Too bad we can't be more like that...

Would you be so kind as to explain for all of us how more government control and interference would have prevented this from happening? I don't actually expect you come up with an intelligent answer, you'll probably change the subject or lie. Either way, we're standing by for your response.

Comment

It's a shame how it's nothing but pointing fingers at other parties anymore. I'm sure Bush was on the rig and made it explode himself
                      Buying Individual Health Insurance

Comment

It is Obama's house now. If there were issues within the departments he has had over a year to clean house. Apparently Obama is just fine with things as they are.

I imagine the worst May in 70 years for the DOW will be Bush's fault too. Obama was handed an economy on the rebound. He started attacking Wall Street and ruined a perfectly good recovery.

Comment

Yeah, the soviet union was much more successful. Too bad we can't be more like that...
                          Red herring. Try again.

Would you be so kind as to explain for all of us how more government control and interference would have prevented this from happening? I don't actually expect you come up with an intelligent answer, you'll probably change the subject or lie. Either way, we're standing by for your response.
                          There are safety devices that could have been mandated as is done in other countries.

Link

The oil well spewing crude into the Gulf of Mexico didn't have a remote-control shut-off switch used in two other major oil-producing nations as last-resort protection against underwater spills.

The lack of the device, called an acoustic switch, could amplify concerns over the environmental impact of offshore drilling after the explosion and sinking of the Deepwater Horizon rig last week.
                          The article speaks for itself.

Comment

Originally posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
                            It is Obama's house now. If there were issues within the departments he has had over a year to clean house. Apparently Obama is just fine with things as they are.
                            When has Obama or even any of his followers ever stated such a thing? This one came out of your hind quarters.

Originally posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
                            I imagine the worst May in 70 years for the DOW will be Bush's fault too. Obama was handed an economy on the rebound. He started attacking Wall Street and ruined a perfectly good recovery.
                            The economy was in recession for an entire year prior to Obama's being sworn into office. The market was spiraling downward hitting its lowest point in March, 2009.

Reading, it's FUNdamental.

Clearly you don't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by mgtarheels View Post
                              It's a shame how it's nothing but pointing fingers at other parties anymore. I'm sure Bush was on the rig and made it explode himself
                              If one read all the whinings by conservatives after 9/11, one would have believed Clinton had flown all four airplanes.

Like I stated earlier. Conservatives can dish it out, they are showing they can't take it.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X