Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deport Both Mom and Child?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Deport Both Mom and Child?

    I searched but couldnt find if this has been posted yet or not...if it has pls point me in the right direction.

    This story about a 7 yr old boys whos mother is here in the country illegally and faces deportation has been a hot topic here.

    Appraently his mother was deported before and was recently using a false SS number to work here in the US.

    What do you think? Deport them both?

    ---------------------------------------------

    Link to Story
    Warm Regards,
    Shawn Stoner
    EMT-B

  • #2
    Originally posted by SSTONER
    I searched but couldnt find if this has been posted yet or not...if it has pls point me in the right direction.

    This story about a 7 yr old boys whos mother is here in the country illegally and faces deportation has been a hot topic here.

    Appraently his mother was deported before and was recently using a false SS number to work here in the US.

    What do you think? Deport them both?

    ---------------------------------------------

    Link to Story
    Honestly...All my ancestors that came to this country learned English and were legal in that they either came here before immigration law or are documented...as in places like Ellis Island.

    I think many would be surprised how Mexico treats immigrants to their country from Central America...it is much different than how they want us to treat our new Mexican interlopers in this story.

    The kid is legal according to our laws as I understand them...the mother by our laws has to go. It is a shame...but we are a nation of laws and after the deaths from 9-11 people would be a little more concerned who crosses our borders...but I suppose after 5 years that is old news.

    FTM-PTB

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by SSTONER
      What do you think? Deport them both?

      ---------------------------------------------

      Link to Story
      ......................... yes.
      I am a complacent liability to the fire service

      Comment


      • #4
        The kid can stay, the mom has to go. He's the citizen, she broke the law. Now if he wants to willingly go with her, sure, no problems, but she shouldn't be permitted to stay.

        Allowing her to stay would set a VERY dangerous precedent. It would mean that any person or persons who illegally enter this country can stay here legally, as long as they have a child that is born in the US. Not a good idea.
        If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

        FF/EMT/DBP

        Comment


        • #5
          DrParasite,the precedent has already been set.Just the other day,a radio show host was kvetching about being in a wreck with an "immigrant"who had no license plate,just a drive out tag,no license,no insurance and no English skills that he'd admit to. ( The guy did start grinning with the cop standing behind him announcing that he had to issue a ticket)
          The responding officer made out the only ticket issued to the host who was the only one legal to drive in Memphis.He'd been in the other vehicle's large blind spot.
          What is wrong with this country when our laws can be walked all over by those that have no intention of obeying them when they come here or after they set up house for their relatives?

          Comment


          • #6
            Enough !!

            The term "Illegal immigrant" is just too harsh; people just don't want to hear that. So in this case we need to change this hurtful vernacular . We'll just call them "non-voting Democrats."

            Last edited by RoughRider; 11-16-2006, 01:48 PM.
            Fortune does not change men; it unmasks them.

            The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter!! Either side of the hill.


            IACOJ PROUD

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by doughesson
              DrParasite,the precedent has already been set.Just the other day,a radio show host was kvetching about being in a wreck with an "immigrant"who had no license plate,just a drive out tag,no license,no insurance and no English skills that he'd admit to.
              no, it hasn't. there is nothing stopping any one of us from doing exactly what this "immigrant" did. and besides, how do you give someone a ticket that goes against their license if they don't have one? the only thing is, don't get caught, and you won't have a problem. in the situation you mentioned, I would imagine the person had their car towed for having no license and no insurance.

              but the precedent i was talking about, involved a legal case or decision that future immigrants could use as justification for legally accepted ways a person can stay here illegally. and that my friend, would be very bad.
              If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

              FF/EMT/DBP

              Comment


              • #8
                How about we deport one person on welfare, give her a SS# and let her work?
                Logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by johnny46
                  How about we deport one person on welfare, give her a SS# and let her work?
                  You may be on to something there. I've got half a town full where I live I'd trade for anyone wanting to work and keep their house looking decent (which is the case with most Hispanics in town).

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DrParasite
                    no, it hasn't. there is nothing stopping any one of us from doing exactly what this "immigrant" did. and besides, how do you give someone a ticket that goes against their license if they don't have one? the only thing is, don't get caught, and you won't have a problem. in the situation you mentioned, I would imagine the person had their car towed for having no license and no insurance.
                    but the precedent i was talking about, involved a legal case or decision that future immigrants could use as justification for legally accepted ways a person can stay here illegally. and that my friend, would be very bad.
                    Several years ago,I was returning to my old Kentucky home in a vehicle I'd bought while visiting relatives back here in Tennessee.Since I was planning on getting the title transferred to Kentucky before licensing it,I hadn't gotten insurance as Tennessee allowed at the time that no insurance be required when paying the total cost of a vehicle.You still had to be insured at the time of registration.
                    Anyway,I got pulled over in Paducah,passed the sobriety test because I'd been up for 26 hours but the SO impounded my vehicle for lack of insurance.
                    Now,if that can be done to an American citizen who HAS a valid driving license,why can't it be done by local PD/SO to someone illegally in the country who is driving our roads without benefit of a license?
                    Don't tell me that's Federal jurisdiction because the police can arrest kids for destroying mailboxes and that's a Federal offense itself.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by RoughRider
                      The term "Illegal immigrant" is just too harsh; people just don't want to hear that...We'll just call them "non-voting Democrats."
                      Well, I'm certainly glad you've embraced plain-english designations and resource typing. In the spirit of accurate identification of resources, we'll also need to start calling Neo-conservatives "Failures" and Republicans "The Minority."

                      On the question at hand, the kid was born here and hence is a citizen and entitled to whatever rights, privledges and services we'd offer to any other citizen of similar age. The kid's not deportable, any more than you or I, because he's a citizen. The mom is whatever the mom is based on her situation and should be dealt with according to the relevant body of law. See, that was easy.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by doughesson
                        Several years ago,I was returning to my old Kentucky home...
                        I hear the sun shines bright there........









                        sorry....couldn't help myself.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Deport Both Mom and Child?
                          Yes, it would be unfair to make the kid pay for his own way out.
                          My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
                          "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
                          George Mason
                          Co-author of the Second Amendment
                          during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
                          Elevator Rescue Information

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I understand that anyone born in the States is automatically a citizen. If you only deport mom, I would assume that mom would take her kid with her, unless of course she doesn’t care about the kid and will use him as a political pawn. If mom doesn't take the kid then the taxpayers would have to foot the bill for this kids care as they do for the many other parentless kids living here as citizens. I feel the laws should provide for cases like this in which if somebody is here illegally and has a kid, the kid automatically becomes an illegal themselves and is subject to deportation.
                            Marc S.
                            Firefighter/Paramedic
                            Solon Local 2079

                            (Previously posted as Hobbitt. Registered December '02,)

                            Comment

                            300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                            Collapse

                            Upper 300x250

                            Collapse

                            Taboola

                            Collapse

                            Leader

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X