Wpfd 1957 Fwd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wpfd 1957 Fwd

To anyone out there. I am looking for one of two FWD pumpers that were in West Paterson NJ that were sold in the early 1980's. I was told one was in New England and the other sold to the state. I contacted the state and got no info. If anyine knows anything that would help me please email me at [email protected]

Thank you,

Try making a post at the F.W.D. Yahoo Users Group
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

To anyone that read this. I have received info that this truck is in the Ohio Valley region. It was last worked on in 1993 by Ohio Valley Seagrave (who is out of business) for Wayne County EMA. If anyone knows any info please let me know. [email protected]
      Mfg serial number 80404
      Waterous serial number 17828
      I have contacted both companies and have received all the info I can from them.

Thank you

Comment

Do you have any friends that are law enforcement officers? See if they could do a search of the VIN for you- which by the way most likely starts with an "F". LEO's are more strict wirth doing computer searches of tags and VIN's in the last several years due to privacy laws, etc. but you might find be able to get them to do this if you explain.......

Have you contacted that Wayne County EMA? Did a quick yahoo search and found this:
        John Wise, Director
        Wayne County EMA
        201 W. North Street
        Justice Center Basement
        Wooster, Ohio 44691
        (330) 262-9817
        [email protected]

Have you tried any phone numbers for that Ohio Valley Seagrave?? It's a sad fact of life that Apparatus Dealers change brands quite often- perhaps they are now "Ohio Valley Sutphen" or some other name.....Maybe even an independant repair facility of fire apparatus????

Check the thread titled "the engineer" under "Emergency Response Apparatus." I'm going to post something in there as I have a feeling that some of the guys who lurk there may be able to help.

Good Luck.
        Owner- 1958 F.W.D. Model F-725 (750/500) #F8043 ex Bryn Athyn, Pa./Harrisonville, NJ.

Comment

Hey FWDbuff, I could not find that yahoo group for FWD. Is it still around and if so what does it go under.

Comment

Hi,

Ohio Valley Seagrave has been out of business for years and the owner has passed away. I don't recall seeing an FWD around the south end of Covington (Kentucky) where the dealership was located (I live pretty close to where the office was). Command Seagrave is now the dealer that services Northern Kentucky. Maybe someone there might have a memory of this pumper. http://www.commandseagrave.com/

I would suggest that you try placing an ad on the SPAAMFAA web site in an attempt to locate this apparatus. Just use the link in my signature....

Steve Hagy
            Cincinnati F.D. History Site
            Society for the Preservation & Appreciation of Antique Fire Apparatus in America
            Youngstown Fire Forums - 40,000+ photos of Apparatus, Fire Scenes, etc.

Comment

I have contacted Command Seagrave and they have no info. The truck was worked on for Wayne County EMA. The only thing is that there are about 6 in the ohio valley region. Do you know anyone that might of worked for Ohio Valley seagrave in the 90's

Hey FWDBuff, what mfg pump does yours have and what is the serial number.

Comment

Found out today from seagrave that the truck mfg number is E-80404

Comment

Found out that the last owner of the truck is a private person. Have contacted person and waiting for a reply. Last known whereabouts is in Southern Tennessee. Thanks to all that have helped.

Comment

Let us know the outcome and try and get pictures!

Comment

Will do as soon as I find out. Thanks again for all your help

Comment

Truck has been located. It is in a field in sothern tennessee. Owner states if it had fresh gas and batteries it would probaly turn over. Has to be towed out and need to figure out how to get it at a reasonable price.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X