1957 Seagrave?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1957 Seagrave?

Got a quick question.... We have a 1957 Seagrave on a Ford Chassis. I am looking for old pictures and ANY info. We are in the process of restoring it. The truck is in great shape but needs some TLC. I will try and find some more info about the truck. Thank you for your help in advance

Call Seagrave directly. They keep a picture on each truck as it leaves the assembly. I think you only have to give them the serial # for them to track the file.
    The evidence of God's presence far outweighs the
    proof of His absence.

Comment

I checked with seagrave and am goning to get the $75 that they want for any old pics or papers that they have on it. I was curious if anyone had some pics of a 1957 seagrave. the reason i ask is that we are starting the process of tearing it down and rebuilding it. I need some pics so i know what I am looking at as far as equipment and such. thanks for your help in adavnce

Comment

Did you all own this from the beginning or did you get the truck from some one else? If the either one, someone who had this truck must have taken a picture or two during its life time.

I may be able to find something that looks like it but not the original picture What type of Ford chassis is is mounted on? What is the serial number and model of the truck?

You can put it in here or send it to me as a private message.
        Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

1. Be very weary of Seagrave's Archive Department. I have it from sources that much of their archives prior to the early 70's are in complete dissarray- Source states that many of the archives (photos, blueprints, paperwork etc) had been dumped into 5 gallon pails a few years back- with no system of filing whatsoever. No filing by dates, serial numbers, job numbers, etc etc.

2. I would call the Archives Dept. Good luck getting them on the phone. I have been leaving messages for 3+ years and have written 2 letters, all to no avail- all in an attempt to find info on my F.W.D.

3. I wouldn't send any money until you have confirmation from them that they have something on your piece.
          "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

Thank you all for your replies. We have had this truck since new. The truck is mounted on a Ford Big Job 700. the seagrave number is k2305. I have not been able to get a hold of anyone up there yet, but I am not giving up. I have been talking to older members and the such, have looked through years and years of photo albums with no avail. So any pics of simialr trucks would get me started. thanks ya'll again.

Comment

Originally posted by jhardyjr
              Thank you all for your replies. We have had this truck since new. The truck is mounted on a Ford Big Job 700. the seagrave number is k2305. I have not been able to get a hold of anyone up there yet, but I am not giving up. I have been talking to older members and the such, have looked through years and years of photo albums with no avail. So any pics of simialr trucks would get me started. thanks ya'll again.
              Something I did when I obtained my FWD- I put an add in the town's community new mailing, and asked for pictures that any community member may have taken over the years- parades, big fires, etc. I got an overwhelming response, had to weed out pictures of the other trucks, but got what I wanted in the end- basic photos of my truck when it was in service.

Again- dont send Seagrave's Archive people any money till you know they have what you want, but getting them on the phone is the trick!
              "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X