books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• books

Just finished reading a great firefighter book The Fire Inside by Steve Delsohn very very goood check it out if you can, just started in on 3000 Degrees by Sean Flynn it's been the talk of the station, i haven't got that far yet.

Also finished The Smoke Jumper by Nicholas Evans, and Fire and Ashes by John Maclean

Read any other good books you might recomend?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear" - Ambrose Redmoon
    “It’s like Lego’s for firefighters.” Robert James III talking about hose appliances.
    "Police, Firefighters and EMS are the most collectively dysfunctional group of people in existence and only we understand each other!"

I just started reading an Original Copy of Report From Engine Co 82. bought it on Ebay for $7.oo. You should like 3000 Degrees I read that a while back great book. Try So others Might live, the history of FDNY.
    AKA: Mr. Whoo-Whoo

IAFF Local 3900

IACOJ-The Crusty Glow Worm

ENGINE 302 - The Fire Rats

F.A.N.T.A.M FOOLS FTM-PTB

Comment

well finished 3000 Degrees exellent book teared up towards the end.
      "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear" - Ambrose Redmoon
      “It’s like Lego’s for firefighters.” Robert James III talking about hose appliances.
      "Police, Firefighters and EMS are the most collectively dysfunctional group of people in existence and only we understand each other!"

Comment

I loved 3000 degrees, it was definatelly a good book, very sad story tho... i just started a book called last man down, a story from the FDNY hief richard picciotto and the world trade centers, its very good so far..i also got a list of some other books, "firefighters: storys of survival from the front lines of firefighting"
        "firefighting" by jack gottshalle "ghosts of the fireground" peter leschak and "fire" by sebastian jungel.. if you hear about any other good ones let me know [email protected]
        I havent failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.

- Thomas Edison

Comment

ff7134.. we got my grandpa "so the others might live" he loved it

- Thomas Edison

Comment

Wannabe,
            Not sure if you are aware, Chief Picciotto has gone out on speaking tour about his book. He tells a very emotional story in his own words. Shortly after getting my copy, I had the opportunity to hear him speak at Bucknell University. If you get the chance to go hear him speak, take it.

Comment

A great book....

I recently finished "Firehouse". It is a great book about how the guys delt with 9/11 and a little about each member that was lost on 9/11 from a certain engine company. Out of 13 guys...1 returned. A very emotional yet wonderful book. I also just finished "Heat", a book about C.S.I. and Arson Investigators. It was the best book I've ever read...being the chick firefigher I am. It was very detailed and understandable to just about anyone who has any knowledge of firefighting what so ever. So those are the two I recommend. Stay safe.

WilmotFDchick6710!!!!

Comment

I have read Firehouse, it was good. I also have started reading "So Others Might Live" it is very good. I am going to try to get "Ghost of the Fireground".
                AKA: Mr. Whoo-Whoo

IAFF Local 3900

IACOJ-The Crusty Glow Worm

ENGINE 302 - The Fire Rats

F.A.N.T.A.M FOOLS FTM-PTB

Comment

leatherhead100

thats great to hear, i would enjoy doing that, i hope i get a chance to meet him... does he just go to universities and do speeches or is it more a book signing??

- Thomas Edison

Comment

i juat finished up last man down, very good book... i just got a new one called firehouse by David Halberstam... dont know much about it, yet..

- Thomas Edison

Comment

Guys,

I have several books which I would urge you to read;

The first three are all British and by the same author

To Ride A Red Engine
                      For Whom The Bells Toll
                      9 Weeks at Hammersmith

Are all by Dave Wilson, Dave was a firefighter from
                      1965 to the late Eighties in London and these books tell
                      of what it was like, the last book tells of the infamous
                      strike of 1977 (in fact we have just finished another national
                      strike but thats another story!)

Another book is Report From Ground Zero by Dennis Smith, this
                      is a collection of stories from numerous people involved in
                      9/11 and for the price of the book is well worth having.

Hope That Helps

Andy

Comment

Good Books

By far 3000 Degrees is the best book I've read so far but I would also like to recommend "Fire Lover". Its a true story about an arson investigator out in California that was setting fires.
                        Matt Griffin
                        Chief
                        Eastern Chilton County Division of Fire, Rescue, and EMS, Station 91.

Comment

EnglishAndy

ill have to check thoes out...

- Thomas Edison

Comment

Hi WannabeintheFD,

Check out the following sites where you can get hold of
                            these books;

www.999collectables.com

and

www.fire.org.uk

on the last site you can actually download a copy of the
                            first Dave Wilson book `to ride a red engine` - well
                            worth it !

Comment

Sweet! thank you very much!

- Thomas Edison

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X