Gamewell register

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamewell register

I am mostly finished restoring this ca 1895 register, I have not connected it electrically which is about the only thing that would be left to do if I do it.

Couple of "before" pictures, the mainspring was broken also.
    Last edited by wolff; 08-05-2016, 05:27 PM.

There's also a short clip showing the gear train working
    Last edited by wolff; 08-05-2016, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Hi; I have a gamewell device I'm trying to identify and see if anyone repairs them. It is the item at the alarm office that the dispatcher can manually set a box number and transmit it. (four digits) When I got it fifteen years ago, it functioned. After being in storage for a long time, it no longer works (spring broken?) I have pictures but can't figure out how to post them.
      If anyone can give me some help, my email is [email protected] Thanks!
      Attached Files

Comment

Spring breaking is very likely if all it was doing was sitting in storage working and now it doesn't, those old springs have a tendency to break without warning. I had one pretty much "explode" just cleaning the old oil and grit simply rinsing it after using a small brush with soap. The temperature change was enough, the spring literally shattered in dozens of segments.

I could probably repair it easy enough, but I'm not a "Certified Gamewell" type career technician who does this 40 hours a week. I took apart, cleaned and re-assembled a very complex Horni mechanism and the Gamewell punch shown here, I don't see any problem repairing most any of these unless a vital part was completely broken, I don't fabricate or repair broken, bent wheels or gears as a clockmaker can.
        Last edited by wolff; 11-22-2015, 03:52 PM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X