How many things wrong....video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many things wrong....video

I got this from a co-worker of mine - the video is on youtube for all to see.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zugKJzYsYpA

My first thought - WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Listen to the lady at 38 seconds. She has it almost right.

I'm surprised it didn't go up at 45 seconds, while being downwind of the gas fumes. Then again, when the guy was splashing the gas around and somewhat towards the flare.

Guess you don't have to be all that smart to be a FF. J/K

FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Originally posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Comment

Some people just dont realize or understand how dangerous gasoline and other flammable liquids can be. The Chief of this Department should be relieved of command, first of all, for the stupidity of his people, and secondly, for taking a piece of apparatus out of service to do this. I guess he/they have no concept of the term "liability."

They must be members of the same department as these clowns:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2yNaDLTNOg
      "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

I would have liked to seen more, especially to see what happened to the fuel cans that were left next to the pile once the right side of it lit off.

Some people just don't get it.
        Steve Dragon
        FFII, Fire Instructor II, Fire Officer I, Fire Appartus Driver Operator Certified
        Volunteers are never "off duty".
        http://www.bufd7.org

Comment

Was anyone else waiting for the guy at the top of the pile to get lit or was it just me...WTF!!
          "Courage is the resistance to fear, the mastery of fear, not the lack of fear." Mark Twain
          "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." Uknown

Comment

Better question, is there anything *right* in this video...
            I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

I'm not actually sure what to say about this. I mean, I know, but its hard to put into text.
              Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

Burned a bunch of these piles over the years. After they've been sitting in the sun for awhile you NEVER need accelerants. Burn hot and fast. I'd say they were VERY lucky. Hope they learned something. T.C.

Comment

Okay, first of all accelerants, especially gasoline in the hands of people not experienced in their use is ALWAYS dangerous. The guy is on top of the pile dumping gasoline out of a 5 gallon can on the pile while the guy with the flare is standing right there. Um, anyone ever here of how rapidly and easily gasoline vaporizes at normal temperatures. They were both lucky they weren't incinerated.

Once upon a time, in my younger and more foolish days, I too used gasoline to start a HUGE brush pile at my home. SAFETY DISCLAIMER: Don't do what I did, it is incredibly dangerous. I took 5 gallons of gasoline and dumped it about 2 feet high on the pile all the way around it. I stood back about 30 feet and tied a rag to a stick, dipped it in gas, lit it and threw it onto the pile. There was a hell of a WHOOSH and the entire pile, roughly 2 by 40 lifted off the ground, fell back down and was totally engulf in fire. The pile was gone in about 30 minutes.

My brother in law was with me when I lit it off and he about crapped himself. Once it was going he looked at me, stammered a bit and said I need to go up to the house to go to the bathroom. I laughed as I watched him walking away.

Gasoline is so commonplace in our lives we forget a gallon has more power than a stick or 2 of dynamite. Be careful out there.
                  Crazy, but that's how it goes
                  Millions of people living as foes
                  Maybe it's not too late
                  To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

Anyone have flashbacks to Eddie Murphy's Delirious routine? ...Throw some gas on that sh*t and light it. Now that's uh Fire (pronounced FAHR!)....Just roll uncle(?) in the grass, he'll be alright.

I've seen a few of these go hot and heavy fast and in the worst cases...The lights on the truck will melt.

I reserve the right to refer to these persons as f-tards.....
                    A coward stands by and watches wrongs committed without saying a word...Any opinions expressed are purely my own and not necessarily reflective of the views of my former departments

Comment

Originally posted by 6Duron1
                      I wonder if the chief even knew about the truck being there.
                      If he didn't, all the more reason to relive him of command.
                      "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X