Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Bean Fire Pumps

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • John Bean Fire Pumps

    Figured that this would be the proper place to post:

    My family owns a 1968 International/John Bean High Pressure Pump
    Over one of the cold winters here in PA, the pump froze and literally blew apart. We are in the process of restoring it and would like to get it operational again. If there is any place that anybody knows of that would have any replacement parts it would be greatly apprecitated.

    Thanks Again,

    Mark Winder
    Muncy, PA

  • #2
    Originally posted by Tanker1-24 View Post
    Figured that this would be the proper place to post:

    My family owns a 1968 International/John Bean High Pressure Pump
    Over one of the cold winters here in PA, the pump froze and literally blew apart. We are in the process of restoring it and would like to get it operational again. If there is any place that anybody knows of that would have any replacement parts it would be greatly apprecitated.

    Thanks Again,

    Mark Winder
    Muncy, PA
    Are you a member of SPAAMFAA? If not, you need to join to gain access to their valuable list of resources, and listings of other FMC (the original Mfr of your pump) owners.

    Also consider joining local chapters- The Pennsylvania Pump Primers is the Harrisburg area chapter of SPAAMFAA. There is also the Central Pennsylvania Fire Buffs, and I think there may be a Chapter of SPAAMFAA in Schuykill County as well.

    And you should post this down in the engineering threads, where a lot of us antique motorheads hang out.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post
      Are you a member of SPAAMFAA? If not, you need to join to gain access to their valuable list of resources, and listings of other FMC (the original Mfr of your pump) owners.

      Also consider joining local chapters- The Pennsylvania Pump Primers is the Harrisburg area chapter of SPAAMFAA. There is also the Central Pennsylvania Fire Buffs, and I think there may be a Chapter of SPAAMFAA in Schuykill County as well.

      And you should post this down in the engineering threads, where a lot of us antique motorheads hang out.
      Where would I find out more information on these organizatitions? I'm located near Williamsport if that helps at all.

      Comment


      • #4
        Still being made

        The FMC/John Bean high pressure piston pumps started out as agricultural pumps and were adapted to the fire service. FMC sold the John Bean pump business a few years after they closed the apparatus division but the pumps are still being made and used in that industry. I can’t remember who they sold that division to but if you did a web search for John Bean pumps and you should find a local distributor.

        Comment


        • #5
          FMC/John Bean

          Here are two possible options of FMC pump parts:

          1. Contact a fire appratus pump maintenance service company. The pump service mechanics should know who and where there is an inventory of FMC pump parts.

          2. Another source would be to purchase a used John Bean pumper. Many were made and there may be one out there for sale cheap.

          If you intend to pump water, option 1 is your best bet. If you are not going to pump water and just want a pump to get parts for "appearance" sake, option 2 may be your best bet (and cheapest).

          Many John Beam apparatus were sold in the Midwest, therefore, that may be a good place to look.

          Comment


          • #6
            Okay thanks for all the help! I really appreciate it guys i'll see if i can post some pics before and after eventually.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Tanker1-24 View Post
              Where would I find out more information on these organizatitions? I'm located near Williamsport if that helps at all.



              Try this.....


              http://www.spaamfaa.org/
              Stay Safe and Well Out There....

              Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

              Comment


              • #8
                Our dept back home has 2 of these trucks 1971 models, we had the pump packings (cups) wear out, and when we did find the packings they were about 200 bucks each, so be ready to spend some money on restoring the pump. Also there belt driven and take i believe a model B-96 or B-97 gates belt, dont get the cheap version of the belts it will shread them the first time you fire it up it takes all 4 belts to be on the pulley or it wont work. Id love to see a picture of this truck. I might know someone that has a few of these old pumps laying around he did alot of fire apparatus service over the years. shoot me an email [email protected]

                Comment


                • #9
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	truck.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	1976386

                  1967 International/John Bean

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    wow thats a nice truck, ours here are orange but thats a dead ringer for the IH one we have good luck with rebuilding the pump and ill see if i can get a hold of that guy that works on pumps see if he still has the old ones laying around

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thanks you can email me the info if you can get it.

                      [email protected]

                      Comment

                      300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                      Collapse

                      Upper 300x250

                      Collapse

                      Taboola

                      Collapse

                      Leader

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X