This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feel-good moment yesterday.....

Sometimes the little things make what you do seem worth it.....

I was in the grocery store yesterday after work, still in uniform.....while I was walking down an aisle, a little girl asked me if I was with the police dept (similar uniform).....I told her I was with the fire service, and guess what she did?

Ran over and gave me a great big HUG and thank you for 'the work you do'.....

I have never seen her before, and probably never will.....but that sure made me feel good!

Originally posted by pasobuff View Post
    Sometimes the little things make what you do seem worth it.....

I was in the grocery store yesterday after work, still in uniform.....while I was walking down an aisle, a little girl asked me if I was with the police dept (similar uniform).....I told her I was with the fire service, and guess what she did?

Ran over and gave me a great big HUG and thank you for 'the work you do'.....

I have never seen her before, and probably never will.....but that sure made me feel good!

I know that made you feel good all over! I bet you had some tearing up too!!!

Thank You, from and old bird!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Sometimes, with all the bs and headaches associated with what we do, I wonder why. Why I keep doing this, why put in an effort when it seems like nobody cares anyway. It's times like that that give me the answer to those questions.
      Matt G.
      Battalion Chief
      IACOJ-Member
      FTM-PTB

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader