Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Farrah's gone ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farrah's gone ...

I just read about it over at IACOJ.

For some reason this one is hitting me hard. She was just such a beautiful person.

Goodbye, Farrah. We will never forget you. Rest peacefully in the arms of the angels.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

http://www.timescolonist.com/Health/...963/story.html

Farrah Fawcett dies of cancer, age 62

By Randi Druzin, Global News
    June 25, 2009 12:00 PM
    Be the first to post a comment
    StoryPhotos ( 8 )

More Images » Farrah Fawcett in classic pin-up mode in her prime. She died Thursday after a long battle with cancer, her spokesman said. She was 62.
    Photograph by: Handout, FilesFrom an iconic poster to a hit television series to an infamous appearance on a popular talk show, Farrah Fawcett was in the public eye for more than three decades.

She died Thursday three years after being diagnosed with anal cancer. She was 62.

"After a long and brave battle with cancer, our beloved Farrah has passed away," Fawcett's long-time companion, actor Ryan O'Neal, said in a statement.

"Although this is an extremely difficult time for her family and friends, we take comfort in the beautiful times that we shared with Farrah over the years and the knowledge that her life brought joy to so many people around the world."

Long before she starred in countless testosterone-fuelled fantasies, Fawcett was a student in Corpus Christi, Tex., where she lived with her parents, James and Pauline, and older sister Diane.

At W.B. Ray High School, Fawcett held the title of "Most Beautiful Student" for all four years. After graduating in 1965, she enrolled at the University of Texas at Austin, planning to major in microbiology. At the urging of a celebrity publicist, she soon headed to California to work as a model.

Almost immediately, Fawcett started doing advertisements for print and television, and appeared on shows such as The Dating Game and The Partridge Family.

Her work caught the attention of an Ohio-based poster distributor. They sent photographer Bruce McBroom to her Bel Air, Calif., home and he snapped dozens of shots of Fawcett. For a backdrop, he used an old Indian blanket that had been serving as a seat cover in his car.

Within months, stores were selling out of a poster showing Fawcett in a red bathing suit, sporting a broad, toothy smile with her head tilted back and her blonde tresses cascading down her shoulders and back. The poster sold a staggering 12 million copies — a total that remains unsurpassed.

Also in 1976, Fawcett landed a leading role in the television series, Charlie's Angels. Playing a detective alongside Kate Jackson and Jaclyn Smith, Fawcett became a cultural phenomenon. She left the show after just one season. A lawsuit followed and, as stipulated in the settlement, she made several guest appearances on the show in following seasons.

Some of Fawcett's subsequent work was a critical success. She won three Emmy nominations. The first was for the 1984 television movie The Burning Bed, in which she played a battered wife. The others were for the miniseries Small Sacrifices (1989) and The Guardian (2001). Fawcett also played a rape victim in the stage and movie versions of Extremities.

She also won critical praise for her performance in the movie The Apostle (1997), starring opposite Robert Duvall.

In 1995, Fawcett posed topless in an issue of Playboy magazine. More than four million copies were sold, making it the best-selling issue of the decade. She returned to the pages of Playboy two years later, at the age of 50. That issue also became a top seller.

In her later career, Fawcett also caused a stir with a 1997 appearance on The Late Show with David Letterman. She seemed dazed and confused throughout the interview and became the butt of countless jokes.

Fawcett also made headlines for her personal life. From 1973 to 1982, she was married to Lee Majors, known for his role in the television show, The Six Million Dollar Man. She then started a relationship with O'Neal.

The union produced a son, who was born in 1985. Redmond O'Neal has struggled with addictions and has been arrested several times. In April 2009, he was charged for bringing drugs to a jail. At the time, he was out on bail in another case.

In October 2006, Fawcett revealed she was suffering from anal cancer. After undergoing chemotherapy and surgery, she declared herself cancer free in early 2007. But the cancer returned a few months later and Fawcett travelled to Germany for alternative treatment. Her ordeal was recorded for a possible documentary.

Fawcett was admitted to hospital in Los Angeles in early April 2009 amid rumours cancer had spread to her liver.

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

Michael Jackson has died as well.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukp...CQKdDcxYokQVbA
      If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Comment

It appears that way, but his death has not been confirmed by UCLA Medical Center.

Depends which news outlet you're watching/reading. Some are confirming, some are not.

What a bizarre day.

Sheri
        Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

OK there's a family spokesman (Brian Oxman) who has spoken with family members at the hospital. So I guess it's official now.

Scrap that, Brian just said he could NOT confirm that Michael is dead.

Sheri
          Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

CNN has confirmed his death with the LA Coroner.

Sheri
            Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

So Long Farrah

I can't believe the dream girl of my teenage years is gone! I know she did much more but she will always be a Charlie's Angel to me!
              Mark Zanghetti
              FF-EMT
              Goshen Fire Dept.
              Waterford, CT

Comment

Someone at work just said that the 3rd in one day has happened, but I have found NOTHING on it... At least nothing I can access at work....

Supposedly Jeff Goldblum was killed falling off a cliff doing some filming in Australia........

Anyone got anything on this one??
                The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
                We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
                IACOJ

Comment

I didn't come up with anything, Brian.

I figured the three were Ed McMahon, Farrah and Michael.

Sheri
                  Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

Originally posted by RspctFrmCalgary View Post
                    I didn't come up with anything, Brian.

I figured the three were Ed McMahon, Farrah and Michael.
                    I did a google search for "Jeff Goldblum dead" and it comes up with some links, but nothing I have access to at work. Word around here is that it is just a rumor and had no truth to it...........
                    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
                    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
                    IACOJ

Comment

Jeff Goldblum thng was a hoax according to the New Zealand Film commission

Comment

RIP Ms. Fawcett.

A friend of mine told me her poster was standard issue in every male's dorm during the 70's.
                        Attached Files
                        They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by scfire86 View Post
                          RIP Ms. Fawcett.

A friend of mine told me her poster was standard issue in every male's dorm during the 70's.
                          If it wasn't it should have been!
                          Mark Zanghetti
                          FF-EMT
                          Goshen Fire Dept.
                          Waterford, CT

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse