Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gamers!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    My brother got a 360 and a subscription to that Gamefly mail service.

    I don't know why but i'm hooked on Oblivion too. Call of Duty 3 was awesome, until he sent it back for a different game.

    Gears of War and Halo 1 & 2 are also all time faves.

    Rainbow six is alright on-line but then you have to listen to all the 13 year old idiots talk about how good they are at a game...haha

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by adamkhalil View Post
      My brother got a 360 and a subscription to that Gamefly mail service.

      I don't know why but i'm hooked on Oblivion too. Call of Duty 3 was awesome, until he sent it back for a different game.

      Gears of War and Halo 1 & 2 are also all time faves.

      Rainbow six is alright on-line but then you have to listen to all the 13 year old idiots talk about how good they are at a game...haha
      Amigo, Oblivion (for the PC) had completely taken over me and my sons life.

      That game is so HUGE! Thing that gets us down is you have a REAL hard time trying to play a "good" guy in Oblivion. It seems all the best quests and items even horses are all available to the dark brotherhood.

      Still, it is a GREAT role playing game.

      On the COD games we have one and two but have not tried 3. Is it avail for the PC yet? Is it as good as 1 and 2?

      I am wondering when or if you are ever going to be able to play a nazi or a japanese soldier in one of these games. Yea you can play the Germans online but not in the single player.
      What is different in 3 than 1 and 2?
      01.20.13
      Change We Can Believe In.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by thebravest1 View Post
        Are there any serious gamers out there?
        thank god there is someone else who likes gaming on this forum. i'm more into driving video games as well as firefighting. so I had an idea for a new XBOX 360 game (slightly modified from Fire Explorer/Jr. Firefighter forum thread)

        You can be a volly and drive to the station to pick up one of the fire trucks (engine, quint, aerials, forestry, ambulance, etc.) and do missions (just like GTA) but all the apparatuses would be just like it's real counterpart. I posted pictures to further explain. The city would be a fictional city called "Johnsontown". So "Johnsontown Fire/Rescue" would be on the apparatuses' doors. Engines, aerials, tankers, cars, etc. would be marked with the engine, aerial, tanker, car, etc. number on the side of the apparatus towards the back (e.g. "Engine 1", "Tanker 1", "Squad 1", "Car 1", etc.). On the ambulance, the doors will be marked with "Johnsontown". On the body of the ambulance would be "FIRE/EMS" with "AMBULANCE" written below it. On the back of the ambulance, on the sides, a blue and white star of life would be printed. Across the doors will mark "AMBULANCE" with "KEEP BACK 100 FEET" written below it. The forestry will have "JOHNSONTOWN" written on the doors and "FIRE/RESCUE" written on the body. Forestry would also be utilized as a Squad unit so it would assist in medicals.

        Pedestrian cars would pull over when vehicle is traveling with lights or lights/siren.

        You also have the option to operate the vehicle even if you do not plan on playing the missions. To activate the missions mode, then you would just have to press on the toggle.

        If you do choose to use the missions, then when a call goes out, necessary vehicles would follow. What should arrive at a scene of a medical is Squad 1 or 2 and Ambulance 1 or 2. What should arrive at a scene of a fire is 2 Engines and an Ambulance.

        When you press down on the one of the toggles, you would activate the mission that cooresponds with the truck (just like GTA). Pressing down on the other toggle would thus turn on the siren. "A" would be to accelerate the vehicle. "B" would be used to stop the vehicle. "Y" would be used to back up the vehicle. "X" would be used to activate the lights. "RT" would be used to look right. "LT" would be used to look left. The toggle would be used to steer the vehicle.

        EXAMPLES OF TRUCKS - (replace logos on trucks with the logos mentioned above) (bodies of trucks should be used, not the logos. colors should remain the same throughout every truck (all of them red except for the ambulance which is white)

        http://www.massfiretrucks.com/Holden_Squad_1_2007.jpg - Forestry (Squad 1)

        http://www.massfiretrucks.com/Stoughton_Ambulance_1.jpg - Ambulance 1

        http://www.massfiretrucks.com/Holden_Engine_3.jpg - Engine 1

        http://www.massfiretrucks.com/Richmo...Tanker_615.jpg -
        Tanker 1

        http://www.massfiretrucks.com/Providence_Ladder_5.jpg - Ladder 1

        http://www.massfiretrucks.com/Richmo..._Squad_600.jpg - Car 1

        http://www.massfiretrucks.com/Manche..._Engine_11.jpg - Engine 2

        http://www.massfiretrucks.com/Northb...mbulance_1.jpg - Ambulance 2

        http://www.massfiretrucks.com/North_Andover_C-5.jpg - Forestry 2 (Squad 2)

        http://www.massfiretrucks.com/Nantucket_Engine_2.jpg - Engine 3

        http://www.massfiretrucks.com/Hanover_Engine_5.jpg - Engine 4

        Tell me what you think!
        Last edited by Explorer343; 10-08-2007, 02:24 PM.
        FDNY | 343 | NEVER FORGET

        Comment


        • #35
          Originally posted by jacklrd View Post
          Wheres the tower ladder!?!?!?!
          Most likely a stupid question but what is the difference between a tower truck and a ladder truck? Or is there not a difference?

          I didn't want to overdo it.
          Last edited by Explorer343; 10-07-2007, 04:22 PM. Reason: because I wanted to
          FDNY | 343 | NEVER FORGET

          Comment


          • #36
            This is a tower ladder


            The bucket is the difference.


            This is an aerial ladder


            Edit:

            This is a quint. (it pumps water among other things.)
            Last edited by jacklrd; 10-07-2007, 06:40 PM.

            Comment


            • #37
              Originally posted by jacklrd View Post
              This is a tower ladder


              The bucket is the difference.


              This is an aerial ladder


              Edit:

              This is a quint. (it pumps water among other things.)

              So do you think the game will be made?
              FDNY | 343 | NEVER FORGET

              Comment


              • #38
                Originally posted by Explorer343 View Post
                thank god there is someone else who likes gaming on this forum. i'm more into driving video games as well as firefighting. so I had an idea for a new XBOX 360 game (slightly modified from Fire Explorer/Jr. Firefighter forum thread)

                You can be a volly and drive to the station to pick up one of the fire trucks (engine, quint, aerials, forestry, ambulance, etc.) and do missions (just like GTA) but all the apparatuses would be just like it's real counterpart. I posted pictures to further explain. The city would be a fictional city called "Johnsontown". So "Johnsontown Fire/Rescue" would be on the apparatuses' doors. Engines, aerials, tankers, cars, etc. would be marked with the engine, aerial, tanker, car, etc. number on the side of the apparatus towards the back (e.g. "Engine 1", "Tanker 1", "Squad 1", "Car 1", etc.). On the ambulance, the doors will be marked with "Johnsontown". On the body of the ambulance would be "FIRE/EMS" with "AMBULANCE" written below it. On the back of the ambulance, on the sides, a blue and white star of life would be printed. Across the doors will mark "AMBULANCE" with "KEEP BACK 100 FEET" written below it. The forestry will have "JOHNSONTOWN" written on the doors and "FIRE/RESCUE" written on the body. Forestry would also be utilized as a Squad unit so it would assist in medicals.

                Pedestrian cars would pull over when vehicle is traveling with lights or lights/siren.

                You also have the option to operate the vehicle even if you do not plan on playing the missions. To activate the missions mode, then you would just have to press on the toggle.

                If you do choose to use the missions, then when a call goes out, necessary vehicles would follow. What should arrive at a scene of a medical is Squad 1 or 2 and Ambulance 1 or 2. What should arrive at a scene of a fire is 2 Engines and an Ambulance.

                When you press down on the one of the toggles, you would activate the mission that cooresponds with the truck (just like GTA). Pressing down on the other toggle would thus turn on the siren. "A" would be to accelerate the vehicle. "B" would be used to stop the vehicle. "Y" would be used to back up the vehicle. "X" would be used to activate the lights. "RT" would be used to look right. "LT" would be used to look left. The toggle would be used to steer the vehicle.

                EXAMPLES OF TRUCKS - (replace logos on trucks with the logos mentioned above) (bodies of trucks should be used, not the logos. colors should remain the same throughout every truck (all of them red except for the ambulance which is white)

                http://www.massfiretrucks.com/Holden_Squad_1_2007.jpg - Forestry (Squad 1)

                http://www.massfiretrucks.com/Stoughton_Ambulance_1.jpg - Ambulance 1

                http://www.massfiretrucks.com/Holden_Engine_3_2007.jpg - Engine 1

                http://www.massfiretrucks.com/Richmo...Tanker_615.jpg -
                Tanker 1

                http://www.massfiretrucks.com/Providence_Ladder_5.jpg - Ladder 1

                http://www.massfiretrucks.com/Richmo..._Squad_600.jpg - Car 1

                http://www.massfiretrucks.com/Manche..._Engine_11.jpg - Engine 2

                http://www.massfiretrucks.com/Northb...mbulance_1.jpg - Ambulance 2

                http://www.massfiretrucks.com/North_Andover_C-5.jpg - Forestry 2 (Squad 2)

                http://www.massfiretrucks.com/Nantucket_Engine_2.jpg - Engine 3

                http://www.massfiretrucks.com/Hanover_Engine_5.jpg - Engine 4

                Tell me what you think!

                Does anyone think that this game will be made?
                Last edited by Explorer343; 10-08-2007, 02:29 PM.
                FDNY | 343 | NEVER FORGET

                Comment


                • #39
                  Originally posted by Explorer343 View Post
                  Does anyone think that this game will be made?
                  It would surprise me if anyone who uses the word "apparatusses" has the brains to work anywhere except a McDonalds, no less work for a video game designer. You should spend a few less hours in front of your X-box and a few more hours hitting the books.
                  PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

                  Comment


                  • #40
                    Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
                    It would surprise me if anyone who uses the word "apparatusses" has the brains to work anywhere except a McDonalds, no less work for a video game designer. You should spend a few less hours in front of your X-box and a few more hours hitting the books.
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_apparatus

                    Fine, then replace apparatuses' with fire trucks.

                    (By the way Einstein, you spelled "apparatuses" wrong!)
                    Last edited by Explorer343; 10-08-2007, 02:36 PM.
                    FDNY | 343 | NEVER FORGET

                    Comment


                    • #41
                      Oh My God.

                      Skippy, put down the controller. Go over and look in Mommy's room for a wooden shelf called a "bookshelf". All of those things on the shelf are called "books". Look carefully for a biiiiiiiig book with a biiiiiiiiiiig word that starts with a "D". That will be a "dictionary". Take that book off the shelf and open it.

                      Here's where it gets tricky, son, so pay attention. When you open the book, you will see lots and lots of words. You'll notice that those words are grouped together, those that start with "A" are in the front of the book. Keep checking all of the words until you find "apparatus". Then, read that section carefully until it talks about the "plural" (more than one) of the word. You will see that the common accepted plural is "apparatus". "Apparatuses" is an ancient form of the word that is no longer commonly used or accepted in today's English-especially in the fire service.

                      Now you can go back to your game.
                      PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

                      Comment


                      • #42
                        Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
                        Oh My God.

                        Skippy, put down the controller. Go over and look in Mommy's room for a wooden shelf called a "bookshelf". All of those things on the shelf are called "books". Look carefully for a biiiiiiiig book with a biiiiiiiiiiig word that starts with a "D". That will be a "dictionary". Take that book off the shelf and open it.

                        Here's where it gets tricky, son, so pay attention. When you open the book, you will see lots and lots of words. You'll notice that those words are grouped together, those that start with "A" are in the front of the book. Keep checking all of the words until you find "apparatus". Then, read that section carefully until it talks about the "plural" (more than one) of the word. You will see that the common accepted plural is "apparatus". "Apparatuses" is an ancient form of the word that is no longer commonly used or accepted in today's English-especially in the fire service.

                        Now you can go back to your game.
                        Fine, "apparatus".
                        FDNY | 343 | NEVER FORGET

                        Comment


                        • #43
                          Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
                          You will see that the common accepted plural is "apparatus".
                          Hmmm. And here I thought it was "apparatae."

                          Comment


                          • #44
                            Explorer343 wrote:
                            You can be a volly and drive to the station to pick up one of the fire trucks (engine, quint, aerials, forestry, ambulance, etc.) and do missions (just like GTA) but all the apparatuses would be just like it's real counterpart. I posted pictures to further explain. The city would be a fictional city called "Johnsontown". So "Johnsontown Fire/Rescue" would be on the apparatuses' doors. Engines, aerials, tankers, cars, etc. would be marked with the engine, aerial, tanker, car, etc. number on the side of the apparatus towards the back (e.g. "Engine 1", "Tanker 1", "Squad 1", "Car 1", etc.). On the ambulance, the doors will be marked with "Johnsontown". On the body of the ambulance would be "FIRE/EMS" with "AMBULANCE" written below it. On the back of the ambulance, on the sides, a blue and white star of life would be printed. Across the doors will mark "AMBULANCE" with "KEEP BACK 100 FEET" written below it. The forestry will have "JOHNSONTOWN" written on the doors and "FIRE/RESCUE" written on the body. Forestry would also be utilized as a Squad unit so it would assist in medicals.

                            Pedestrian cars would pull over when vehicle is traveling with lights or lights/siren.

                            You also have the option to operate the vehicle even if you do not plan on playing the missions. To activate the missions mode, then you would just have to press on the toggle.

                            If you do choose to use the missions, then when a call goes out, necessary vehicles would follow. What should arrive at a scene of a medical is Squad 1 or 2 and Ambulance 1 or 2. What should arrive at a scene of a fire is 2 Engines and an Ambulance.

                            When you press down on the one of the toggles, you would activate the mission that cooresponds with the truck (just like GTA). Pressing down on the other toggle would thus turn on the siren. "A" would be to accelerate the vehicle. "B" would be used to stop the vehicle. "Y" would be used to back up the vehicle. "X" would be used to activate the lights. "RT" would be used to look right. "LT" would be used to look left. The toggle would be used to steer the vehicle.

                            EXAMPLES OF TRUCKS - (replace logos on trucks with the logos mentioned above) (bodies of trucks should be used, not the logos. colors should remain the same throughout every truck (all of them red except for the ambulance which is white)

                            http://www.massfiretrucks.com/Holden_Squad_1_2007.jpg - Forestry (Squad 1)

                            http://www.massfiretrucks.com/Stoughton_Ambulance_1.jpg - Ambulance 1

                            http://www.massfiretrucks.com/Holden_Engine_3.jpg - Engine 1

                            http://www.massfiretrucks.com/Richmo...nker_615.j pg -
                            Tanker 1

                            http://www.massfiretrucks.com/Providence_Ladder_5.jpg - Ladder 1

                            http://www.massfiretrucks.com/Richmo...quad_600.jp g - Car 1

                            http://www.massfiretrucks.com/Manche..._Engine_11.jpg - Engine 2

                            http://www.massfiretrucks.com/Northb...mbulance_1.jpg - Ambulance 2

                            http://www.massfiretrucks.com/North_Andover_C-5.jpg - Forestry 2 (Squad 2)

                            http://www.massfiretrucks.com/Nantucket_Engine_2.jpg - Engine 3

                            http://www.massfiretrucks.com/Hanover_Engine_5.jpg - Engine 4

                            Tell me what you think!
                            Does anyone think it will be made?

                            GeorgeWendtCFI wrote:
                            Oh My God.

                            Skippy, put down the controller. Go over and look in Mommy's room for a wooden shelf called a "bookshelf". All of those things on the shelf are called "books". Look carefully for a biiiiiiiig book with a biiiiiiiiiiig word that starts with a "D". That will be a "dictionary". Take that book off the shelf and open it.

                            Here's where it gets tricky, son, so pay attention. When you open the book, you will see lots and lots of words. You'll notice that those words are grouped together, those that start with "A" are in the front of the book. Keep checking all of the words until you find "apparatus". Then, read that section carefully until it talks about the "plural" (more than one) of the word. You will see that the common accepted plural is "apparatus". "Apparatuses" is an ancient form of the word that is no longer commonly used or accepted in today's English-especially in the fire service.

                            Now you can go back to your game.
                            Har-de-har-har. Very funny! Who really cares? You can understand what it's saying, can't you? Apparatus, apparatuses. As long as it doesn't say adkvmxwlc042,dx then why do you freak out about such a minor spelling error? Just because I spelled something wrong doesn't mean the only job I'll ever get is working for McDonald's.
                            Last edited by Explorer343; 10-08-2007, 04:32 PM.
                            FDNY | 343 | NEVER FORGET

                            Comment


                            • #45
                              Originally posted by Explorer343 View Post
                              Does anyone think it will be made?
                              Didn't you just ask that question 2 hours ago?

                              And no, they won't make the game because you keep asking about it.

                              Comment

                              300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                              Collapse

                              Upper 300x250

                              Collapse

                              Taboola

                              Collapse

                              Leader

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X