Nickelback Video Shows FF's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nickelback Video Shows FF's

I was flipping through the channels on tv and ran across a new music video by Nickelback. It showed (hollywood ) FF's fightings a forest fire in full structural PPE. It was good for a chuckle. They were inserted by chopper but managed to dig up handlines at the fire. Nice trick.
    09.11.01--Never Forgotten
    FTM_PTB

"Darn those pesky flaming mice."

They were making an aggresive arboreal attack.
    Logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead.

Comment

I love the SCBA at a wildfire.

Comment

http://music.yahoo.com/video/default.asp?vid=27173401

Comment

FFexpcp Thank you for posting that video. I have not watched a music video in a long time and I thought ....oh cool I will watch this one.

Little did I know it would shed tears, hard*** that I am, I am a marshmellow when it comes to stuff like that. Even though it was Hollywood FF's, I know how she feels. That wasn't right at the end though, when they pull up in the red vehicle and then he is still alive. Jerks at your heart as a woman. I guess that's what they are trying to do. Still... caught me off guard.

Melissa
          Last edited by firetruckred; 08-04-2006, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Here ya go. This is HOT! I LOVE this song by them and video is great to boot. Real FF's on scene at a structure fire.

http://www.thebravestonline.com/Huntsville1791.html

Melissa

Comment

Originally posted by FF2BKE
              It showed (hollywood ) FF's fightings a forest fire in full structural PPE.
              By the looks of it, they were volunteer (driving up on scene in a pickup truck). Alot of volunteer departments dont have wildland gear. Ive fought 2 or 3 wildfires in my short time as a FF and everybody was in structural gear, including myslef.(however having the SCBA's was a bit much) While yes it was a fictional music video, i dont think they did too bad.
              Do a little dance, make a little rum, Italian Ice! Italian Ice!

Actual lyric: Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight, get down tonight.
              (KC & The Sunshine Band "Do A Little Dance")

My thoughts are mine alone and do not represent the thoughts of any Organization to which I am affiliated.

Comment

I agree. I like the video. They may have been additional FF's called in to help at a scene already in progress. They don't have time to show set up in 3 minute video. Tactics and such. The drama sells.

Comment

I like the song, its so pretty. The video is okay, it is kind of a tearjerker thing with the phone call and the crying.

Most normal people don't know the difference between wildland firefighting gear and structure firefighting gear anyway. Just like most don't know when we use SCBA and when we don't.
                  Last edited by scvfd412; 08-04-2006, 03:45 PM.
                  Lieutenant/EMT-B

VSFFA Member

"I'm a CCEMT-B."

"Remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off."

"A lack of effort will always lead to failure."

Comment

I have to admit. I Just read the words and I cried again. GEEEZZZ. I just downloaded the song off Yahoo Music Station. Your right.. what a tear jerker.
                    I feel like aplogizing for being upset about the neglect. I understand it now being involved. I didn't back when....

Melissa

Comment

I sure hope alot of FF wives see that video.

Melissa

Comment

We usually wore our bunker pants, but would pretty quickly shuck the coat - depending on the fire conditions and weather of the moment. If we knew before hand what we were getting into, we had nomex coveralls, and just wear either our regular FFing boots, or steel toe leathers (if individuals had them).

And ya, that vid is a real tearjerker, no matter how you look at it.
                        If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

I liked the message of the video. Sure, I could nit-pick it. But that is not what the song is about, is it?
                          IACOJ
                          If you are willing to teach;
                          I am willing to learn.

Comment

Ofcourse...this NOW my favorite song and I am singing my heart out!

Comment

I'll tell you a few songs that will get your heart and are some of my favorites.

"Why" By Jason Aldean.

"What Hurts the Most" by Rascal Flatts

"God Blessed the Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts.
                              Last edited by firetruckred; 08-04-2006, 05:59 PM. Reason: I was getting to emotional, haha

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X