Drones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drones

Anyone successful or trying to get a drone? Something with a small payload to release an inflatable to flood victims, and IR capability?
    Which one are you using? We had over 200 water rescues in our district alone during Harvey, to use this for air survey work with the IR would be great. Also great for our BIG brush fires.
    Anyone already using one succesfully ?

It's a quantum leap from a drone that will carry a camera to relay images to the ground for size-up, etc, and one that will carry something like a life raft.

Something like the DJI Phantom 4 runs just under two grand. It might carry a light rope/cord across the water, which could pull a heavier rope.

Don't forget the cost of getting people certified - it wouldn't be any fun getting a visit from the FAA after a news report about that great save you made.
    Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/18/w...-swimmers.html This is kind of what we were thinking about. And yes, part 107 is in our future.

Comment

The use of drones has become quite common, especially when it comes to police and firefighters. I hope that such gadgets will be in every department, as it greatly facilitates the work. I myself do not belong to your services. I just follow the technical news. I like the way it is done in domestic applications. You can read the article by Amos Lewis - robotics engineer. I always learn something new from these reviews.

Comment

Our county FD bought two drones nearly three years ago. We have several people that have certifications to use them. They still sit unopened. We don't know why. We have FF's that have privately owned drones, but we understand we can't legally use them so we don't.

Comment

Originally posted by tbzep View Post
            Our county FD bought two drones nearly three years ago. We have several people that have certifications to use them. They still sit unopened. We don't know why. We have FF's that have privately owned drones, but we understand we can't legally use them so we don't.

So who is holding them??

And why cant someone just go borrow them and start using them???

Great asset
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

Originally posted by fire49 View Post

So who is holding them??

And why cant someone just go borrow them and start using them???

Great asset
              The county chief. I have no clue why.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...