Security Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Systems

If this topic has been discussed in the past my apologies for starting another thread. My department is having some issues with theft and sabotage of items within the station. Currently we operate a standard key system and have no security measures. We are looking at putting a DVR system in but want to take the security to the next level with a key fob or proximity card system to enhance the accountability. What have those of you using these systems experienced in the past and what are the best options that you have found?

We switched last year to the Alarm lock PDL3000. It uses prox cards, it is a slight pain to set up but when you issue cards you can also make them ID cards if you get a card printer. At any point in time I can download a lock and see who has entered the door or tried to enter if they do not have access. We have not had any problems so far.

Comment

We've had key fobs for years. But that won't tell you who is taking or sabotaging stuff. It will only tell you who opened the doors at a certain time. It won't tell you if 4 guys came in at the time and 2 left and 2 stayed and messed the place up. It also won't tell you when they leave as the key fob normally only logs entry and not exit. Key fob systems keep strangers out. DVR's keep internal members honest.

PS - you have to publicly notify, at entrances to the building, that there is recording going on. And don't even try to record audio...that opens up a bunch of liability/privacy issues.
      "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

Bones hits some valid points.... another one we found with our DVR system is knowing when something happened. You have to have a point in time that all was well. Then you start looking for the time when it was no longer okay.... It could be many hours in between.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X