Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motorola Minitor V On/Off Duty - What is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chenzo
    replied
    Perhaps this picture will help as well, or help anyone else that ends up looking for the same thing.

The tone pairs in the RED box are the Fire Department tone pairs that are set to ON.
    The tone pairs in the BLUE box are the EMS Department tone pairs that are set to OFF.

So, SW-A, the top black oval, will alert for ALL for tones. SW-B, the bottom red oval, will alert for ONLY the tones set to ON, because the "Enable ON/OFF Duty" box is checked. In my case, it will alert for the FD's ONLY.

Again hope it helps.

Leave a comment:

• Chenzo
    replied
    First and foremost, for the explanation I am going to give you, I need to know if your department (that he just joined) and his home department are dispatched on the same frequency? If they are, then what I'm about to type out will work. If they aren't, I think I have another way to get around it and I will cross that bridge when I get there.

To answer your question, yes, that is exactly what the On/Off Duty feature was meant for. I'm assuming you or your department has a programming dock and will be doing this in house?

This is the best general explanation I've found for the On/Off Duty feature
    "In the Function Switches Tab,
    When Enable On/Off Duty is "un-checked", All of the tone pairs will work, regardless of the setting on each tone pair, on or off.
    When Enable On/Off Duty is "checked", Only the tone pairs set to "on" will work."

For example, I'm on two POC FD's, and two POC EMS Services that are in within 5 miles of my home. My pager is programmed so that I can use the On/Off Duty feature so that if I'm sleeping at night and not on call for EMS, I am not alerted for the EMS calls for either service. So my pager is programmed as follows:

Channel F1 Tab, programmed to my county's paging channel, with the tones for each department inputted and the On/Off Duty set up like this:
    FD #1- On Duty
    FD #2-On Duty
    EMS #1-Off Duty
    EMS #2-Off Duty

Then, if I go to the function switches tab, those are as follows:
    SW-A Selective Call F1 with the Enable ON/OFF Duty box UNCHECKED
    SW-B Selective Call F1 with the Enable ON/OFF Duty box CHECKED
    (SW-C and SW-D are irrelevant to the rest of my explanation, so I'm not including them.

So, with the way my pager is currently programmed, When my pager is on Switch A, it will alert for all 4 departments. With my pager on Switch B, it will ONLY alert for the two Fire Departments, as they are the only pairs of tones set to ON duty.

Hopefully this help, and hopefully this makes sense. If you've got any questions feel free to ask and I'll do what I can do answer them.

Leave a comment:

• T-man
    started a topic Motorola Minitor V On/Off Duty - What is it?

Motorola Minitor V On/Off Duty - What is it?

HI All,
    Hope I'm not cluttering up this forum by asking - but what exactly it the Motorola Minitor V On/Off Duty feature?
    How does it work? Was it listed in the manual, I'll have to find one if it was.

Just asking because the other day we got a new guy who also volunteers elsewere. He was hoping that his motorola minitor V pager could be programmed to activate 24/7 for his home town, but would also only activate for his job which is 9 hour long a day by turning the selector knob on and off when he comes and leaves for the day.

For starters, is this kind of situation that the "on/off Duty" feature was meant for?

Thanks,

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X