Minitor IV constant static on open mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minitor IV constant static on open mode

Instead of it being silent and broadcasting when any department speaks its constant static (on open mode) till someone talks. It also has a what sounds to be ringing along with the static. Im not radio savy but I need to know how to fix this...specially when I have it on ALERT only mode and I get toned out and all I want is silnce before my department speaks to dispatch. Ive been putting up with it for awhile but when Im the only one with the problem and everyone else can stand around with open mode being silent til a broadcast comes over the speaker. Im using a Minitor IV on a VHF High freq. The static and ringing is only when someone isnt speaking or alerting.

If Im on alert only it makes the noise too if the reset is pressed.
    Wouldnt it not broadcast anyone speaking if the button was stuck?

Comment

Are you carrying a cellphone? RF interference from a cellphone can interfere with your Minitor's squelch. If that's not the problem, time for it to go back to the radio shop.

Comment

Everything comes in fine...I usually never have my cellphone near my pager so that shouldn't be a problem. I'm like 4 streets down from my dispatch center so I get great reception its just the static noise when no one is talking wakes up everyone in my house when my pager is alerted. My whole household woke up this morning at 3am because I was toned out for alarm activation...I have to walk through the house with the static going off as I'm leaving for the call..

Comment

Does it quit outside the house? May be from computer or TV. I had to move mine away from both to get it to quit the open squelch after alerting.

Comment

Have you taken the pager in for service? They can run some tests to make sure the pager is ok.If you can take 2 pagers and 1 works normal and the other doesn't it has to be a fault in the pager
            Dave
            Assistant Chief
            Fairmount ND

a positive attitude may not solve all your problems,but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Comment

I am having this same problem with a minitor 3. I have adjusted the squelch level in the PPS and still nothing
              MY VIEWS DO NOT REFLECT those of my department or association.
              Originally posted by Rescue101
              I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X