No announcement yet.

Minitor pager + Cell Phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Group call tones are nice but there are at least 20 different increments (departments, individuals, ambulances, etc.) I can think of that get dispatched in various combinations around here.

Birken

Comment

Originally posted by BirkenVogt
      None of the volunteers have opted to have text messaging to their phones, but the officer of each company and the officers of the department each carry a phone that does, and we have found it very valuable to avoid having to ask dispatch "where was that again" and also the incident number comes out on the phone so it can be looked up on the computer later without having to make a phone call. Birken
      Thats the beauty of alphanumeric paging. The pagers are small(half the size of a minitor) and you never have to ask for the page to be repeated....Its all on the pager. There are several radio manufactures that have incorporated two tone paging into their radios. I have a Vertex vx-800 and it has that option. It does me no good as we are all alphanumeric, but for those of you that are still two tone, it might be an option for you....one less piece of equipment to carry
      Buck
      Assistant Chief/EMT-B

Comment

The convinence comes at a cost. If you use a commercial carrier, you can only rely on it as a secondary means of notification. It can't be your primary method of alerting for the reasons already stated above by Pelican631.

If you buy your own paging encoder and put up your own 500+ watt paging transmitter, it would be reliable enough for primary notification. However, I don't think there is an alpha pager on the market that will wake me up.
        Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

What about Nextel Alerts via 2-way. is able todo a group call. Just a thought, I wouldn't want that as primary because it is very unreliable. Or maybe other than having nextel for dispatch, what about comm center communications. Does anyone have that capability?

Comment

For those of you who have a text message sent to you cell phones (or to atleast some in your area) in addition to tones being dispatched over the radio, can you give me some contact info on who set that up? Our chief wants a system like that and I kinda volunteered myself to find out more about it. We know it can be done, but it's not exactly like the have a yellow page listing for it.
            Fir Na Tine
            Fir Na Au Saol

Comment

MY $0.02
              Motorola does make both
              Josh Ball
              FF/EMT - Zoneton Fire Protection District
              PSO II - Louisville International Airport
              Deputy - Bullitt County Sheriff's Office

Comment

I know! And both of mine are moto's, I just wish they were one. I think its time I take my spensive minitor and expensive razr apart and put them in one case. hmmm..... A Razitor IV.I ......Yeah.......

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...
                X