Portable Radios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable Radios

Just wondering how many portable radios every has on their trucks? Does anyone have any polices or standards that they follow? Does any one know of any NFPA or any other organizations that standards that they say is a "good number". Thanks

The suggestion is to have one for each seat in the vehicle/and or initial responder. What the suggestion is as far as additional, I don't know, but you've gotten my "cat" to want to look around.

Comment

Each responder has a radio with him/her.
      Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. But maybe time is also a companion who goes with us on our journey, and reminds us to cherish the moments of our lives because they will never come again.

Comment

yeah

I agree with you, every person should have one. My department believes that only fire officers should have radios. The only problems is they don't always show up and some of them never. So all they do is sit in the charger at their house instead of where they should be.

Comment

We generally have 2 radios on each of the ambulances, but as others have said it's generally the officers that have them. In fact, most of us (even paramedics) don't have numbers to use on a radio. We've had thoughts about using 60X1 portable A & portable B for those times on a fireground we get split up (which I know shouldn't happen!). As a paramedic spending so much time in my service area off duty, I think it makes sense to have a radio. Today, there's no excuse for poor communications.
          ~Kevin
          Firefighter/Paramedic
          --^v--^v--^v--^v--
          Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong
          Dennis Miller

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse