No announcement yet.

ipad and Android tablets foir the fire service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bedford and Amherst Fire Department are replacing their MDT with smartphone and tablets with PublicEye software. Here is an article about Bedford Fire Department's decision to use smartphone and tablets on the daily basis:
    http://www.citeworld.com/consumeriza...bliceye?page=0

Comment

Originally posted by TheTrainingCommittee View Post
      My dept. has been using Ipads in its chiefs cars as MDT's for close to a year now. They work FANTASTIC! AT&T coverage in the area was less that to be desired so we opted for the Sprint Overdrive unit. Unit is in my car and on at all times plugged into a 12 volt outlet. I run remote access software on the IPAD and have an MDT version of our dispatch software running on the server in our headquarters. Responding on an alarm I have everything at my finger tips. Who I have responding to firehouses (members utilize a call in system), map of the area, hydrant locations, any alerts for the address as well as have the ability to see pre-planned information. We previously ran Toughbooks like everyone else. They were big, bulky, slow and expensive. The IPADs take up much much less room in your vehicle, are much faster and truth be told we outfitted four chiefs vehicles with IPADs and mounts for the vehicle for less than the cost of one Toughbook installation. The system was my brain child, has been going crazy here in the New York area, everyone is dumping Toughbook and going this way. If anyone has any questions feel free to contact me.
      Hi, I read your post and I'm wondering if you have come up with a system of saving files to your ipads. We currently have 4 ipads that share files via Google drive but I would love to find a way (an easy way) to store actual data on the devices themselves. We have some areas without any data coverage and the preplans and other info loaded in drive wont work. Thanks!

Comment

Firescape has developed an app that aim specifically at preplans and is free. Does this fill your needs and what do you think of it? Is it similar you to what you are using?

Comment

WHat a technology we equip with. Love it Discuss with my friends and share with them about it.

Comment

Hi hoochthefireman,

You are talking about the iPad for fire service. Actually, I was searching for similar material on the internet today and landed on this post. Here I want to suggest you some Android and iPhone/iPad apps here. I'm also a writer by profession and recently I have written a post on Spyera App Reviews for Android, iPhone, macOS & Windows and I hope you will find this post useful for you. Thank you

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X