X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firebuff880
    replied
    schmo

contact me if you would like to discuss your options... We provide SMS services to many agencies across the country..

Leave a comment:

• schmo
    replied
    we are looking for a texting platform for our volunteer fire department, for communications. We were using Nixle but their free platform is only for alerts now and to continue with it is very expensive.

Leave a comment:

• Eric_PublicEye
    replied
    Checkout PublicEye. You can simply create SMS group based on roles or purposes. This software also has other features like CAD connectivity, report incident, GPS unit location and Fire-hydrants location. It runs on most of mobile platforms.

Leave a comment:

• fyrescue
    replied
    Check out http://www.fdcms.com

Leave a comment:

• sreu1989
    replied
    my company uses a multi-platform app called GroupMe...its kinda like blackberry messenger but it can be used by blackberry,iphone, and android phone users,it even has the capability for the olders phones to communicate by text message. we send out mass messages and advise when we are responding to the building or just hanging out at the building so everyone would know a driver is at the building

Leave a comment:

• DeputyMarshal
    replied
    Does someone in your jurisdiction have reverse 911 capabilities, perhaps using a service like Everbridge? This is something your local, county, or state PD or Emergency Management might already have in place that you could potentially make use of for official communications.

Leave a comment:

• smsrecv
    replied
    There is sms software called SMS Enabler. It can be used to receiving text messages and for sms autoreply. It utilizes a 3G(GSM) modem connected to your computer via USB or Bluetooth. This software can automatically save incoming texts to files and database, forward them to email and webserver.
    http://smsenabler.com/

Leave a comment:

• xchief23
    replied
    I have been using Text Message Plus. It's freeware but only supports four cell carriers. So far it's working well.

Leave a comment:

• RyanEMVFD
    replied
    None of what I need is for emergency calls or anything. It's intended use is to just get messages out for special events, meetings or training. Thanks for the heads up.

Leave a comment:

• firebuff880
    replied
    Originally posted by RyanEMVFD View Post
    Does anyone know of any free SMS/Text message programs out there to use? I know they exist, I just don't know the name of any decent ones.
    Ryan,

My comments from Aug 2010 are truer now more than ever. You might be able to get away with outlook or any number of other email based notification products for day to day ops to a couple of users. But the throttling and pacing that is in place to protect the carriers will prevent large groups from getting a common message in a timely basis. (when it's really needed).

The various products available are all cost effective and utilize enterprise level connections to the carriers. Most of us can also do demos.

JMS..
    http://www.dapage.net/emergencyservices.html

Leave a comment:

• allison0523
    replied
    We use outlook too and it's easy to use. You can send out a text to a preset distribution list just like sending an email. We are also looking at another program for mass text messaging in the case of a true emergency but I am not sure what program they are looking at for that. We have 500 people on our department with different cell phone providers so I am not sure if that is an issue or not. With outlook we use nextel blackberries on our city server.

Leave a comment:

• RyanEMVFD
    replied
    Never used Outlook but I'll take a look at it. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• jbrescue
    replied
    I have used Outlook successfully for a long time. It is easy to set up and works.

Leave a comment:

• RyanEMVFD
    replied
    Does anyone know of any free SMS/Text message programs out there to use? I know they exist, I just don't know the name of any decent ones.

Leave a comment:

• firebuff880
    replied
    How you proceed depends on what your objective is. But be carefull. Most of the Carriers today are using Filters and Throttles to reduce spam traffic on there networks. So a message sent to your staff through a public e-mail gateway can be delayed significantly. A duplicate message, to numerous members from a common source will be subject to this (Ex: a mail distribution group).

If you are doing staff notifications, or team recalls, or even secondary incident pages, anything of a time sensative nature you should look at something like our DAPage(tm) or maybe the I am Responding package.

http://www.dapage.net
    http://iamresponding.com/

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...