Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Industrial fire fighting in steel making facilities.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Industrial fire fighting in steel making facilities.

Is there anyone out there that is a industrial fire fighter in a steel making facility?

If you do send me a PM

I sent you a pm, I am a Firefighter/Paramedic for United States Steel.

Comment

hey,

i am also interested. can you get back to me about your line of work and how to get into it? i live in California and I am willing to move anywhere.

[email protected]

NzlJky

Comment

whatever you do don't work for Allied Barton. they are primarily a security company but the run fire for two steel mills and if you care about your life don't even consider it

Comment

hfdfiremedic32 what plant for USS do work in? I work in the Texas ops in Lonestar TX was just curious on how daily ops were in ur plant.

Comment

hfdfiremedic32 i was just curious what plant you were located in. I work at the Texas Ops in lonestar TX.

Comment

Fairfield Works, we run 5 people per shift. Lt/Sgt, dispatcher, apparatus operator, fire inspector and security patrolman

Comment

Industrial Firefighter Steel Mill

I work at Severstal Steel Mill in Dearborn MI, we average about 300-400 runs a year both fire and medicals. The job is cool as hell but dangerous and the safety in these facilities suck, what else do you want to know? SfdLarry

Comment

I work for California Steel (Old Kaiser Steel) in Southern California our Plant Protection Department consist of Fire, EMS, Hazmat, Confined Space Rescue, Security. We have 3 people on duty a lead, patrol, gate gaurd/dispatcher. We run a 2009 KME Pumper as our first run engine and have a box type trailer that is hazmat ready. In our down time we service fire extinguishers, sprinkler systems and, fixed systems. We run an average of 400 calls a year for fire/security related issues.

Comment

Originally posted by firemedic705 View Post
                    I work for California Steel (Old Kaiser Steel) in Southern California our Plant Protection Department consist of Fire, EMS, Hazmat, Confined Space Rescue, Security. We have 3 people on duty a lead, patrol, gate gaurd/dispatcher. We run a 2009 KME Pumper as our first run engine and have a box type trailer that is hazmat ready. In our down time we service fire extinguishers, sprinkler systems and, fixed systems. We run an average of 400 calls a year for fire/security related issues.
                    What is your hiring process like and do you give any preference to canidates that are already industrial firefighters? I can be emailed at [email protected]

Thanks for any info,

Kevin
                    Last edited by arff42; 11-06-2009, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Ran across this :

http://www.jobpath.com/Jobs/Thyssenk...C6DDM0L4BJGSS9

Comment

Industrial steel making facilities.

The Best Manufacturers For Steel Manufacturing Plants. The re-rolling mill plants being offered are designed & manufactured to suite the client's requirement bearing in mind the infrastructure available.The supplies of Rolling Mill Plants, Machineries & Accessories has earned us the respect and loyalty of our customers over the years.Apart from the complete re rolling mills, we also offer the machineries / equipments as enlisted below.For more details visit our web
                        Steel Rolling Mill Plants & Machinery

Comment

reply:

I have been hunting for this kind of post for so long, I think my search ends here.

Team Building Activities

Comment

Jobs

Hi i am a marine corps firefighter i get out in 11 months. I am trying to find some DOD opening or industrial jobs in GA or a surrounding state. any info or suggestions would be great. thanks
                            Tyler

Comment

maybe post under hiring

have you checked the fed opeings web site??

you might check to see if there are any aircraft makers in Ga, they may have some postions, not sure if any type of oil production sdown there but might check them, or any auto makers

some reason you do not want to work for a city????????????
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X