Inspection Technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inspection Technology

I am looking at using a PDA/bar code scanner system for extinguisher/monitor/hose reel/hydrant inspections and maintenance. Is there any one who has such experiences and/or advise? I would hope to eventually integrate this to use for our rescue and HazMat regular equipment checks as well.

Hi,
    I work with a safety services company that has to track, issue and maintain hundreds of SCBA, gas detectors, etc.
    There are software products out there that can be used with a barcode. The one I'm familiar with is called Toolwatch. We're just setting up with the latest version. I've used similar systems in the past, and they seem to work well. Once they're up and running you can track inventory and inspections, generate reports, etc., easily.
    The latest Toolwatch version can be set up to track inspection intervals, "attach" manufacturer's instructions so that they can be accessed from the program, and probably a lot more.
    The software was originally developed to track and control parts inventories, but has expanded from there. I'm sure there are other variants.
    I don't have any information on the cost.
    http://www.toolwatch.com/

Comment

Originally posted by cole1434
      Hey richard thanks for sharing such a nice information about home inspection,It really useful and helpful.

Torrance Certified Home Inspector
      i second that!

Comment

Hello, try www.TheTapReport.com for managing inspections (i.e. monthly fire extinguisher inspections) It follows CSA and NFPA standards. I helped develop it and use it everyday at work and love it! Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by paul_amendola View Post
          Hello, try www.TheTapReport.com for managing inspections (i.e. monthly fire extinguisher inspections) It follows CSA and NFPA standards. I helped develop it and use it everyday at work and love it! Hope this helps
          is it free to fire departments??????????

Comment

Well, to help pay for the operating costs of the business we are asking for a measly 25 cents per scan. Having said that, we are trying to get the word out about it right now so anyone interested please contact me ([email protected]), I might be able to work something out for you. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by paul_amendola View Post
              Well, to help pay for the operating costs of the business we are asking for a measly 25 cents per scan. Having said that, we are trying to get the word out about it right now so anyone interested please contact me ([email protected]), I might be able to work something out for you. Thanks!
              free sounds alot better to fire departments

Comment

I completely understand. Contact me. We can definitely work something out. Thank you

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...
                X